Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,295 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nigerian Lawyer Challenges Cbn’s Card Maintenance Charge In Court - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Lawyer Challenges Cbn’s Card Maintenance Charge In Court (500 Views)

New Naira: We Didn’t Anticipate Challenges, CBN Admits / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance / UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lawyer Challenges Cbn’s Card Maintenance Charge In Court by dimejiamuda: 7:59am On Dec 30, 2019
A Nigerian legal practitioner in Lagos, Olumide Babalola, has asked the federal high court to stop banks in Nigeria from deducting any charge for card maintenance from their customers.

The lawyer contended that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN’s) recently introduced N50 quarterly fee was exploitative and inimical to peoples’ economic interest.

Babalola filed a civil suit in which he asked the court to declare unlawful the December 20, 2019 directive by the CBN to the Nigerian banks and non-bank commercial institutions for the enforcement of the card maintenance charge, saying it was in bad faith and not fit to be sustained.

According to him it was just “an avenue to generate income for commercial banks at the expense of the public.”

He said he was not aware of any instance where debit cards issued by the banks are maintained by the banks in any way, arguing that once a card refuses to functions, banks almost always issue a new one, which the customer pays for. He queries and demands to know the point at which banks maintain debit cards for their customers.

https://judicialsketch.com/2019/12/30/nigerian-lawyer-challenges-cbns-card-maintenance-charge-regime-in-court/
Re: Nigerian Lawyer Challenges Cbn’s Card Maintenance Charge In Court by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2019
It is well, I am paying bank 50 naira to maintain card that is in my wallet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lawyer Challenges Cbn’s Card Maintenance Charge In Court by EASY39(m): 8:01am On Dec 30, 2019
Gud

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lawyer Challenges Cbn’s Card Maintenance Charge In Court by 9jii(m): 8:02am On Dec 30, 2019
Me I got different kind of charges and all with their Tax charges also.
I'm just here waiting for someone to win case similar to my own, FCMB don finish.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Your Haters In 2020 / Letters,documents& notes Free Delivery (Lagos) / *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.