Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement (16622 Views)

20 States Tinubu Is Certain To Win Come 2023 - Jumper524 / Workers Groan As States Cut Salaries Amid Inflation / COVID-19: Goodluck Jonathan Donates Palliatives To 20 States (list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by mistijude: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
pickatyou:
We never enter 2020, e don dey start.

For those states that increased budget, apart from Lagos the remaining especially kogi just increased their take home pay, what have the states achieved for budget increase abi na now them wan start work.
for all the states wey Dem mentioned,na only kogi you com spot.Kogi don suffer for una hand
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by Caleb17: 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
Ebonyi State is not a poor state. The state government rakes in millions of naira daily from mining activities that go on in that state. Ask any neutral indigene of that state.
somalianprince:
Some states just presented unrealistic budget. Just look at a poor state like Ebonyi, please tell me how they can even begin to fund this budget. Is it that they have suddenly grown their poor IGR to 50b per annum or that their federal allocation which is among the least in Nigeria has suddenly grown to 100b per annum?

Most of the budgets will end in deficit.

2 Likes

Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by somalianprince: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
Caleb17:
Ebonyi State is not a poor state. The state government rakes in millions of naira daily from mining activities that go on in that state. Ask any neutral indigene of that state.

Stop discussing topics above you. What's the GDP of Ebonyi state? That is how to know how rich or poor a state is.

1 Like

Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by Caleb17: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
Young Man, I have lived in Ebonyi State for a short while. And I know some of their government officials. Ebonyi State is richer than almost all the southeast states.
I rest my case
somalianprince:

Stop discussing topics above you. What's the GDP of Ebonyi state? That is how to know how rich or poor a state is.

2 Likes

Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by somalianprince: 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
This is why you guys are treated as shit by igbos. There are indices to check how rich or poor a state is, I requested that you show us statistical evidence of your so called abakaleke riches but nothing is forth coming from you.

From every indices and statistics available, Ebonyi and its people are among the poorest in Nigeria.

Poverty ranking in Ebonyi state is up to 70%, the kind of poverty we see in places as Zamfara, Bornu, Yobe, etc.

Caleb17:
Young Man, I have lived in Ebonyi State for a short while. And I know some of their government officials. Ebonyi State is richer than almost all the southeast states.
I rest my case

1 Like

Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by Gokoyer0(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
This is only place that Dead and Stinking meat seller is relevant. He is just an attention-seeker.
LZAA:

Bros stop jumping from thread to thread
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by Alzirida(f): 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
Increase in salary doesn't mean anything.

Emphasis should be on the purchasing power of Naira.

If I earn 18k while naira purchasing power say a bag of rice is 4k

And

If I earn 30k and ba of rice is 20k

Which of these circumstances will I save more money

1 Like

Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by Ojukwudfugitive: 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
somalianprince:
This is why you guys are treated as shit by igbos. There are indices to check how rich or poor a state is, I requested that you show us statistical evidence of your so called abakaleke riches but nothing is forth coming from you.

From every indices and statistics available, Ebonyi and its people are among the poorest in Nigeria. Don't mind the IPOBIC fool, they will not relent on chest beating. Look at the budget of their most prosperous state, it in the same class as Gombe.

Poverty ranking in Ebonyi state is up to 70%, the kind of poverty we see in places as Zamfara, Bornu, Yobe, etc.

Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by martowskin1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
nochillatalll:

Always online 24/7 on nairaland.

Is this how your life is going to get better?

Smh

Just imagine how many posts

Thats to tell u how jobless she is
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
What is 30k naira to compare to what govt official goes home with every week ,black are just evil
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by Eifechukwude0: 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Please nairalanders, i am so in need of help,i was frustrated in village,that i had to leave for lagos three weeks ago,and since then i have been promised of different jobs but none came through.last friday i got introduced by a friend to a guy who will help me get a job and everything looked good untill yesterday they turned out to be fraudsters and emptied my account.as am typing right now i feel like the world has come to an end.i don't even have a dime with me and i dont have people here in lagos.pls i leave in iponri,near the bridge close to the estate.pls any good nigerian to help me with something to be doing for daily cordination so i dont die here of hunger.pls any work atall i can manage just to eat for now.i have ond in elect elect.pls am frustrated here,i need help.pleasooooo help me.any job atall dat i get paid daily.my number -07083766632
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by webngnews: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by InvertedHammer: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
/
What exactly is Bayelsa with small landsize and population doing with all that money? Yenagoa still looks like Lokoja.

\
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by mechanics(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
It won't affect minimum wage.
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by VicM6: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
Akwa ibom with ₦596bn budget and yet still has the highest rate of unemployment in the country as of this year.....that state alone is like a sovereign nation on its own...... Scammer scamming the young ones.
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by jimyjames(m): 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Wazirinjos12:
1.1 trillion naira. I remove cap for lagos

That's too small for Lagos, cross rivers is 1.1 trillion too
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by NNEWIsuper: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
somalianprince:
[s]Some states just presented unrealistic budget. Just look at a poor state like Ebonyi, please tell me how they can even begin to fund this budget. Is it that they have suddenly grown their poor IGR to 50b per annum or that their federal allocation which is among the least in Nigeria has suddenly grown to 100b per annum?

Most of the budgets will end in deficit.[/s]
Shut up there, you left our miserable Anambra state which that drunkard Igala man has borrowed the next generation in heavy debt to talk about Ebonyi people whom their governor is developing every nook and cranny of their state...I wish right now I was from Ebonyi, passed through there and it was amazing
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by NNEWIsuper: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Caleb17:
I rest my case
The miserable guy you quoted hasn't even stepped his foot before in Ebonyi, he doesn't know that lead, zinc and granite are mined in that state..lol

With limestone which that ibeto is unable to develop at Nkalagu..I wished it was even sold to Dangote
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by somalianprince: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

Cc lalasticlaa mynd4 rule 2

You dey cry to the mod, why did you quote me in the first instance? Lol
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by NNEWIsuper: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
Abia1stSon:

Abia is my state but I support that it should be sunk with nuclear weapons, that state is a disgrace to we Abians.
Your alternative moniker...lmao...I'm a proud nnewi supremacist and I don't relent about it...where are you from in Anambra?
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by NNEWIsuper: 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
somalianprince:

You dey cry to the mod, why did you quote me in the first instance? Lol
See our thread... it's been opened for long but you abandoned it, come and see that our Anambra state is now an almajiri state...click below

https://www.nairaland.com/5506744/anambra-poorer-than-niger-osun
Re: 20 States Cut 2020 Budgets By N733bn Despite Minimum Wage Agreement by somalianprince: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

See our thread... it's been opened for long but you abandoned it, come and see that our Anambra state is now an almajiri state...click below

https://www.nairaland.com/5506744/anambra-poorer-than-niger-osun

New thread lands hahahaha

https://www.nairaland.com/5606158/abia-state-sewage-pit-toilet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Francis Fadahunsi: Poverty Makes People Mill Around Tinubu / Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? / Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.