Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) (371936 Views)

HELP: The Gallery I Used For My Photos Has Been Removed From Google Play Store. / Help Please!!, I Cant Find The Gallery On My Tecno Spark 2 / How To Save Whatsapp Status To Your Gallery 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Thayay(m): 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
ityP:

Unijos village hostel
lol.... That was in Rusau though wink.... Are you staying in village?
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by ityP(m): 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thayay:
lol.... That was in Rusau though wink.... Are you staying in village?

Na. I dey come from home
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by taiocol: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
Kallmerb:
one of the best shot here
Thank you smiley
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
Infinix hot 7

Slightly edited

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by MrBONE2(m): 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
gistpartner:
Let me add mine....
OPPO Reno2

Woow woooow woow

1 Share

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Emjace(m): 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
Infinix hot 7
Slightly edited
Nice shot buh i know that you're lying

3 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
About to be completed GTB Training Center Abeokuta

5 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Mizik(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2020
Emjace:
why the u think so?
Because of the blur?
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
ShotWithMiNote10 shared by Xiaomi Nigeria page on FB & Twitter.

16 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
Emjace:
how do you mean sir?
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 22, 2020
odinga1of:

This is Port Harcourt?

Yeah
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Emjace(m): 6:17am On Jan 22, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
how do you mean sir?
I just wantu whine you small.. To be honest sir, i respect your photography skill.. Leave that monitoring spirit (kgnzey). person no fit play again?

1 Like

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Emjace(m): 6:32am On Jan 22, 2020
Mizik:
why the u think so?
Because of the blur?
exactly! But the thing is that i have been observing this thread they know how to help people to take better pics with their camera. For instance, how to use snapseed, lightroom mobile, picnic, etc.. Even how to take mind blowing portriat shot, like from aperture of f/2.8 - f/5.8.. Unlike the camera thread that like comparing cameras. Truth be told, xiaomi cameras are true to life; especially one redmi note 8 pro pics

3 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by ajericho(m): 8:11am On Jan 22, 2020
who uses redmi 8 here pls
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Emjace(m): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2020
ajericho:
Kallmerb
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 22, 2020
ajericho:
hi..... Redmi 8 stock cam

1 Like

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Osasnidas(m): 8:46am On Jan 22, 2020
Took this short this morning

1 Like

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Osasnidas(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2020
Edited with PICNIC

2 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by genius43(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2020
Kallmerb:

Is it just me, I really prefer 4:3 these days especially this kind of scenario. I only consider 16:9 for landscape photography

1 Like

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 22, 2020
genius43:

Is it just me, I really prefer 4:3 these days especially this kind of scenario. I only consider 16:9 for landscape photography
you are right tho
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by ajericho(m): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2020
Kallmerb:
bro make we yarn about the phone na,
buh I no think say the camera good o
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by maclawrence02(m): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2020
RN7 GCAM.

12 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by kvngjesse(m): 10:22am On Jan 22, 2020
maclawrence02:
RN7 GCAM.
Neat

1 Like

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by atheistandproud(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2020
These was written by me for MI Community 9ja, so since some persons have been asking for help. I'll be sharing a couple of stuff:

CAMERA
A camera on a smartphone is mostly used for taking pictures, scanning documents and QR codes and for security purposes. Cameras on smartphones have come a long a way from the simple sensors of early smartphones.

Types of cameras
There are currently many types of camera sensors designed for smartphones, these are the major ones in use:

1. Depth sensors
If you find a phone with a depth sensor, it's designed to do exactly that—sense depth. This means professional-style blur effects and better augmented reality rendering, through either the front or rear camera.
Top-end phones, however, are gradually replacing depth sensors by incorporating the process into other types of cameras that can also sense depth, such as those with ultra wide-angle or telephoto lenses. Even so, depth sensors will still appear on more affordable phones and those that seek to create depth effects without expensive optics, such as Lenovo's Moto G7 devices.

2. Telephoto (optical zoom) camera
Telephoto lenses are about as common as wide-angle ones, but rather than getting more in the shot, they allow for some optical zoom. The field of view on this type of lens is narrower than others, but by using a telephoto lens with a second lens and a sensor, your phone's camera can get closer to the action without any moving parts. On a standard digital camera, for example, you would see the lens extend as it zoomed in.
Telephoto lenses are also used to create those fancy bokeh or focus effects in portrait mode. By combining the data from multiple lenses, your phone is able to understand how close objects are, blurring the background and bringing the foreground into focus. Some smartphone cameras forgo data from multiple lenses and achieve this effect primarily by making smart guesses about what's in the foreground, a process typical of budget phones and the single-lens Google Pixel devices.
The highest amount of true optical zoom you can currently get is 5x on the Huawei P30 Pro, but some phones have hybrid systems that use both optical and digital zoom to get even closer. Still others use software tricks with a single lens to closely mimic optical zoom quality (such as the Google Pixel 3).

3. Super wide angle camera
Quite simply, these lenses fit more in the shot, whether it's a sweeping landscape or a row of friends' faces. They're the equivalent of taking a few paces back with a standard camera so you get more in the frame. Ultra- or super-wide lenses, of course, let you take more figurative steps back.
A bit of distortion might creep into photos taken with an ultra-wide lens, but the best modern-day smartphones can make the necessary adjustments to keep everything looking as natural as possible.
Some flagship phones now feature an ultra-wide lens, including the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy S10. Plenty of others (including the iPhone XS Max) have a wide-angle lens or two, so it's something to look for if you think you'll need it. In the camera specs, look at focal length (measured in millimeters) and field of view (measured in degrees) to understand how much is going to fit in a photo. Lower focal lengths and higher fields of view allow you to capture more of a scene. Some phones also come equipped with wide or ultra-wide lenses on the front for better group selfies.

4. Monochrome camera
Several smartphone cameras have a sensor dedicated to taking monochrome shots. The real benefit of black-and-white photos is sharpness, which is why some photographers prefer images without any color in them. Modern phones are smart enough to blend that sharpness with information coming through color sensors to produce a shot that is, theoretically, more accurately lit.
Still, the use of a monochrome sensor remains rare. Some Huawei and Honor phones use it, as do some Motorola and Nokia devices, but it's not something that's all over the market. Where a monochrome sensor is included, it can usually be isolated from other lenses to capture unique black-and-white photos of your travels. This option can be found within the camera app's settings and if you're a fan of the format, it's something to look out for.

5. Time of flight (ToF)
Time-of-flight cameras are starting appear on a number of gadgets. These ToF cameras measure depth in a scene – and are used to help map the surroundings, and to navigate around obstacles, and much more.
The easiest way of thinking about time-of-flight is that is like a sonar system – except it uses light rather than sound to detect things.
Time-of-flight cameras, or ToF cameras, are becoming an increasing common feature on mobile phones, drones and on industrial robots. Also known as depth cameras, they map out the surroundings creating a basic three-dimensional representation of what is in front of them.
The camera can be used on a drone or a car to help it avoid obstacles, for instance. But the uses that ToF can be used can also be used for identifying a subject, or for gesture recognition. ToF can be used for security applications – helping to identify the user – or simply, perhaps, telling the difference between the neighbor's cat and a human intruder.
They also have an important role to play in VR and augmented reality applications – allowing games, for instance, to overlay a virtual world on the real world.

6. Night camera
These camera are designed for low light photography.

6 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2020
ajericho:

bro make we yarn about the phone na,

buh I no think say the camera good o
the camera is great.. That just screenshot.. The image is too large but remember it's 12mp..dont aspect the same quality of redmi note 8 for 50k phone.. In its range its cool
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by atheistandproud(m): 10:42am On Jan 22, 2020
Megapixel count

If you’ve ever purchased a new camera or smartphone, you’ve probably heard the term “megapixel.” Basically, it’s a way to quickly describe a camera’s resolution based on the number of pixels it’s capable of capturing.

Camera resolution is expressed in megapixels, and one megapixel refers to one million pixels, which are small squares of information that combine to make up an image. So, if a camera captures a 12-megapixel image, you’re looking at 12 million pixels at a width of 4,000 by a height of 3,000 (though those figures may vary depending on the aspect ratio you’re shooting at). Like display resolution, the resolution of your camera will dictate sharpness and detail. However, it doesn’t affect color saturation or low-light performance, nor does it affect aperture — all of which also significantly impact the way your photos will look.

So, if a camera has a resolution of eight megapixels, it would be able to capture images with about eight million tiny squares of information per inch. Most smartphone brands usually refer to their device’s megapixel count when discussing their photo quality — and newer phone models typically come with improved cameras that feature more megapixels. For example, the cameras on Samsung’s Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S6 both come with 16-megapixel sensors, while the Galaxy S4 featured a 13-megapixel camera. The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus both have 12-megapixel cameras, an improvement over older iPhones’ 8 megapixels.

The way megapixels are touted by brands in their ads can lead some people to believe that a higher number of megapixels always means better photos. That may be true sometimes. But it isn’t always the case, according to Nikhil Bhogal, the founder and CTO of June, which makes a smart oven of the same name. Before cofounding June, Bhogal was a software engineer at Apple where he worked on camera technology for the iPhone. Bhogal says pixel quality matters more than the actual number of pixels in a camera sensor, especially when it comes to smartphone cameras. “Even in a tiny picture, you can pack in a lot of good quality information,” says Bhogal. “You don’t have to take a 40-megapixel picture to have that much information.”

So what does it mean to increase the quality of pixels on a camera sensor? In some instances, it can mean making individual pixels larger rather than cramming more pixels into a given space. That could improve photo quality, but it won’t increase the number of megapixels. Bhogal compared the way pixels collect light to how buckets gather rain water. “The bigger the bucket, the more photons [light] they can collect,” he said. Bhogal’s explanation lines up with what other industry experts have said in the past when explaining the relationship between megapixels and camera sensors. Larger pixels typically make it easier for light to find its way to the photo-sensitive part of a camera sensor, Gartner analyst Jon Erensen told CNET.
Higher quality pixels also reduce the amount of noise that appears in a photo, since those blotchy areas typically result from a lack of light. “As the quality gets better that noise goes down,” Bhogal said. “So you get better blacks, better color definition, better contrast, sharper pictures.”

6 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
Kallmerb:

Is this IB??
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by ajericho(m): 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
Kallmerb:
the camera is great.. That just screenshot.. The image is too large but remember it's 12mp..dont aspect the same quality of redmi note 8 for 50k phone.. In its range its cool

okay thanks

can you plz take more pictures,

and are u a gamer?
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
layinka25:

Is this IB??
no, ikotun
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
ajericho:

okay thanks

can you plz take more pictures,

and are u a gamer?
not a gamer though I downloaded efootball pes 2020.. Haven't played it in 3weeks..played f like 8times before then
Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
ShotWithMiA3. Xiaomi Mi A3

19 Likes

Re: The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
ShotWithMiA3.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (350) (Reply)

FIFA 14 For Android... / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone / How To Activate 2go Gateway And Chat With Facebook Friends On 2go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.