Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) (990 Views)

Six Important Ways To Please God / 7 Ways To Please God / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
Just don't understand if God answer prayer for real.. whenever I pray , I feel like am truly communicating with With God, and like he's listening to my prayers but at the end ,I see no results.....

I have read so many things about God like how he loves us , that he's a merciful God how he sends us guiding angels to protect and How Jesus died to set us Free. And that by the mentioned of Jesus name , every knee must bow. I have tried all my life to live a decent life style.

But at the moment , I can't tell if God answers prayers,am doubting if he exists at all or we are being deceived with folk tales.

Am just confused..

Note : Am a member of Catholic Church and Attend Deeper life Bible study and Sunday worship service sometimes.

angry
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
Daniel058:
Just don't understand if God answer prayer for real.. whenever I pray , I feel like am truly communicating with With God, and like he's listening to my prayers but at the end ,I see no results.....

I have read so many things about God like how he loves us , that he's a merciful God how he sends us guiding angels to protect and How Jesus died to set us Free. And that by the mentioned of Jesus name , every knee must bow. I have tried all my life to live a decent life style.

But at the moment , I can't tell if God answers prayers,am doubting if he exists at all or we are being deceived with folk tales.

Am just confused..

Note : Am a member of Catholic Church and Attend Deeper life Bible study and Sunday worship service sometimes.

With this two underlined phrases i doubt if you'll like to know what the Bible really teach on prayer!

But if you truthfully want divine wisdom, we can chat a bit on the subject!
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Maximus69:

With this two underlined phrases i doubt if you'll like to know what the Bible really teach on prayer!

But if you truthfully want divine wisdom, we can chat a bit on the subject!

let's chat bro
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Pusyiter(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
The simple answer is that you need to have an encounter with Him.
What you have been doing is religious exercise without an encounter.
It is an encounter that will reveal who He truly is.
Let that be your prayer NOW!!!!
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Pusyiter:
Let that be your prayer NOW!!!!

Have you had an encounter with him?
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
God answers prayers....You have to learn to pray rightly. One good tip I can give to you is calling the name of Jesus and using "the power in the blood of Jesus" so much in your prayers...Make sure your prayers contain these alot. It helps and you will see results

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by peggywebbs(f): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
Here is what I will tell you. Keep going to your church. It is not that God doesn't grant your prayers. It is you gaining patience.

In Nigeria, we believe in sharp sharp. Here's what I learnt about life. We want things that we really don't need and sometimes we want them at the wrong times. God has a plan for everyone here on earth.

Have you noticed that sometimes an idea comes to your mind when you want to do things? Well that's God's way of nudging you towards the right direction. Every successful person on earth has been in your position at one point in their life.

Will things get better? Will all the prayers and dedication you have put in serving God pay? Yes and Yes.

Don't let anyone lure you into occultic churches. Keep your faith and continue to serve God. Things change. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, they too are trying to figure things out for themselves.

Just continue, try new opportunities and ask God for direction.

There are things that God is doing in your life today, if you can appreciate every good thing in your life this moment. In fact I will advice you to write out all the good things so far and you will see his work in just the little things you experience everyday.

Don't give up hope because that means you are losing hope also in yourself. Keep on working hard and you will get the reward. Please and please again God loves you always.

Daniel058:

Am just confused..

angry

Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
peggywebbs:

Here is what I will tell you. Keep going to your church. It is not that God doesn't grant your prayers. It is you gaining patience.

In Nigeria, we believe in sharp sharp. Here's what I learnt about life. We want things that we really don't need and sometimes we want them at the wrong times. God has a plan for everyone here on earth.

Have you noticed that sometimes an idea comes to your mind when you want to do things? Well that's God's way of nudging you towards the right direction. Every successful person on earth has been in your position at one point in their life.

Will things get better? Will all the prayers and dedication you have put in serving God pay? Yes and Yes.

Don't let anyone lure you into occultic churches. Keep your faith and continue to serve God. Things change. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, they too are trying to figure things out for themselves.

There are things that God is doing in your life today, if you can appreciate every good thing in your life this moment. In fact I will advice you to write out all the good things so far and you will see his work in just the little things you experience everyday.

Don't give up hope because that means you are losing hope also in yourself. Keep on working hard and you will get the reward. Please and please again God loves you always.

cry
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by ochibuogwu5: 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
Daniel058:

Am just confused..

angry

I am also a Roman Catholic and I listen to any person who teaches about Jesus Christ Crucified as the *only Lord and God* of all human beings as well as the whole creation via social media especially YouTube however I have never left Catholic Church to attend any physical gathering of believers that is not Catholic for the past 22-years.

For you to sense that God hears your prayers but it's manifestations seems to be *unrealistic*, I want to assure you that God is *real* and your heart longs for HIM.

However
You need to re-examine what/who you think God is *truly*
You need to re-examine what you think Christianity is all about *truly*
What is *salvation in Christ Jesus* truly ?
What is prayer, answered prayers and manifestations of answered prayers ?
What is the place of trials, persecutions, temptations, miracles, favours, Grace e.t.c in the life of a Christian ?

All these requires conscious personal deliberate study of God's word written in the whole holy bible especially the new-testament to receive complete revelation of *Jesus Christ Crucified* as well as fellowship with the Holy Spirit in prayers, praises and dialogue. "If you search for me with *your whole heart*, you will find me" (Jeremiah 29:13), "I reveal myself to those who love me and keep my commandments" (John 14:21)

Seek mercy to *receive grace*:
Come with boldness to the throne of God's grace; the Cross of Jesus Christ(inside your heart/mind now not just physical cross/crucifix; Hebrews 4:16) were He destroyed *our old-man/flesh* and replaced it with His own flesh so that we can serve God acceptably on this earth with full hope and glory of eternal life/Heaven, clarity of His purpose for us on this earth despite the trials, temptations, persecutions, miracles, Grace, favours e.t.c and His enduring assistance through His indwelling Holy Spirit who both wills and does His good pleasures through our mortal-bodies till our biological death or the archangel's trumpet (Phil.2:13, John 12:31-33)

It is with *grace from the Cross of Jesus Christ* that believers enter into *authentic faith-walk with God*; die with Jesus *100% on the Cross inside His Crucified flesh* in order to receive His new flesh inside our mortal-bodies whereby we can now understand *his will* and collaborate with His manifestations in our individual lives. Pray for grace *to use grace in serving God acceptably in this world no matter the persecutions or miracles surrounding you currently(Hebrews 12:28)* because every human being has received grace which enables us to receive salvation through the gospel, the same grace teaches us how to resist sin and worldly passions, the same grace teaches us how to live self-controlled, righteous and holy lives in this sinful world consistently till eternity (Titus 2:11-14).

Faith and prayer *does not make God to change His will for our lives* rather it helps us to discover them and *willingly submit to it* thus Our Mother Mary when she was told that she will get pregnant without sexual intimacy with any man(something which has never happened in the whole history of human existence), she questioned and accepted the explanation of the angel thus "I am the handmaid of the Lord, *be it done to me according to your word*" (Luke 1:38) and "the word took flesh in her womb..." (John 1:14)

When a person has died with Jesus on the Cross, the new life of Jesus Christ Crucified now living inside you prays (Romans 8:26, Phil.2:13, John 3:6) which is according to His will("when we pray according to His will, he answers us" 1 John 5:14) not just according to how we feel, think or imagine even the whims of our emotions. He answers them and brings them to manifestations at *His own time and method* (Gal.4:4) and you need to know that He loves you more than you love yourself, and He is working out something every tick of time for His own glory in your life and you will never *regret anything He is doing in your life* ("I am doing something in your life right now, when it manifests, it will surprise you" Habakkuk 1:5)

Just make sure that the decision you made to belong to Jesus Christ Crucified on the Cross of Calvary is *100% and forever* then collaborate with His Grace as you experience and express *His God-head reality* in your whole life and all that concerns you from now. (Luke 9:23, Luke 14:25-33)

In the Catholic Church, I am a member of Teaching ministry of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. You can join CCRN in your parish and they will help you to build a solid faith in Christ Jesus Crucified and I am also a member of the Legion of Mary; you can also join your parish legionaries, they will also help you to grow your faith in Christ Jesus Crucified in relationship with the Spirit of Our Mother the Blessed Virgin Mary!!!

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

I am also a Roman Catholic and I listen to any person who teaches about Jesus Christ Crucified as the *only Lord and God* of all human beings as well as the whole creation via social media especially YouTube however I have never left Catholic Church to attend any physical gathering of believers that is not Catholic for the past 22-years.

For you to sense that God hears your prayers but it's manifestations seems to be *unrealistic*, I want to assure you that God is *real* and your heart longs for HIM.

However
What is the place of trials, persecutions, temptations, miracles, favours, Grace e.t.c in the life of a Christian ?

All these requires conscious personal deliberate study of God's word written in the whole holy bible especially the new-testament to receive complete revelation of *Jesus Christ Crucified* as well as fellowship with the Holy Spirit in prayers, praises and dialogue. "If you search for me with *your whole heart*, you will find me" (Jeremiah 29:13), "I reveal myself to those who love me and keep my commandments" (John 14:21)

Come with boldness to the throne of God's grace; the Cross of Jesus Christ(inside your heart/mind now not just physical cross/crucifix; Hebrews 4:16) were He destroyed *our old-man/flesh* and replaced it with His own flesh so that we can serve God acceptably on this earth with full hope and glory of eternal life/Heaven, clarity of His purpose for us on this earth despite the trials, temptations, persecutions, miracles, Grace, favours e.t.c and His enduring assistance through His indwelling Holy Spirit who both wills and does His good pleasures through our mortal-bodies till our biological death or the archangel's trumpet (Phil.2:13, John 12:31-33)

It is with *grace from the Cross of Jesus Christ* that believers enter into *authentic faith-walk with God*; die with Jesus *100% on the Cross inside His Crucified flesh* in order to receive His new flesh inside our mortal-bodies whereby we can now understand *his will* and collaborate with His manifestations in our individual lives. Pray for grace *to use grace in serving God acceptably in this world no matter the persecutions or miracles surrounding you currently(Hebrews 12:28)* because every human being has received grace which enables us to receive salvation through the gospel, the same grace teaches us how to resist sin and worldly passions, the same grace teaches us how to live self-controlled, righteous and holy lives in this sinful world consistently till eternity (Titus 2:11-14).

Faith and prayer *does not make God to change His will for our lives* rather it helps us to discover them and *willingly submit to it* thus Our Mother Mary when she was told that she will get pregnant without sexual intimacy with any man(something which has never happened in the whole history of human existence), she questioned and accepted the explanation of the angel thus "I am the handmaid of the Lord, *be it done to me according to your word*" (Luke 1:38) and "the word took flesh in her womb..." (John 1:14)

When a person has died with Jesus on the Cross, the new life of Jesus Christ Crucified now living inside you prays (Romans 8:26, Phil.2:13, John 3:6) which is according to His will("when we pray according to His will, he answers us" 1 John 5:14) not just according to how we feel, think or imagine even the whims of our emotions. He answers them and brings them to manifestations at *His own time and method* (Gal.4:4) and you need to know that He loves you more than you love yourself, and He is working out something every tick of time for His own glory in your life and you will never *regret anything He is doing in your life* ("I am doing something in your life right now, when it manifests, it will surprise you" Habakkuk 1:5)

Just make sure that the decision you made to belong to Jesus Christ Crucified on the Cross of Calvary is *100% and forever* then collaborate with His Grace as you experience and express *His God-head reality* in your whole life and all that concerns you from now. (Luke 9:23, Luke 14:25-33)

[b]In the Catholic Church, I am a member of Teaching ministry of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. You can join CCRN [/b]in your parish and they will help you to build a solid faith in Christ Jesus Crucified and I am also a member of the Legion of Mary; you can also join your parish legionaries, they will also help you to grow your faith in Christ Jesus Crucified in relationship with the Spirit of Our Mother the Blessed Virgin Mary!!!

Great Grace Brethren!!!
, cry
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Pusyiter(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
Let that be your prayer NOW!!!! cheesy
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
peggywebbs:

Sometime ago , I prayed " God if you deliver me From my life Challenges, I will serve you forever, I prayed 2 days as never before.. the second day I actually fasted and was in church throughout the day (Deeper life) .. then in the evening as we were praying during Revival hour, the Pastor leading asked us to raise up our hands as we pray. All of a sudden I felt like something entered my both Palm.. Since that that I have pains on both hands even now.. sometimes it changes From Being painful to being like I have iced placed on both Palm. And I have met the pastor ,he prayed for me twice..it has not stopped Even now . Also I feel it more when praying..am confused
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=ochibuogwu5 post=85351817]

However

In the Catholic Church, I am a member of Teaching ministry of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. You can join CCRN in your parish and they will help you to build a solid faith in Christ Jesus Crucified and I am also a member of the Legion of Mary; you can also join your parish legionaries, they will also help you to grow your faith in Christ Jesus Crucified in relationship with the Spirit of Our Mother the Blessed Virgin Mary!!!

Great Grace Brethren!!![/quoted]
Sometime ago , I prayed " God if you deliver me From my life Challenges, I will serve you forever, I prayed 2 days as never before.. the second day I actually fasted and was in church throughout the day (Deeper life) .. then in the evening as we were praying during Revival hour, the Pastor leading asked us to raise up our hands as we pray. All of a sudden I felt like something entered my both Palm.. Since that that I have pains on both hands even now.. sometimes it changes From Being painful to being like I have iced placed on both Palm. And I have met the pastor ,he prayed for me twice..it has not stopped Even now . Also I feel it more when praying..am confused
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
Pusyiter:
Let that be your prayer NOW!!!! cheesy

Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
Daniel058:
let's chat bro

First of all before thinking of prayer, you need to know the main purpose of prayer!

Prayer is like talking to someone in the spirit world, whether God or any other spirit being. Since we can't see them, we communicate with them through prayer.

The Bible tells us why our prayers aren't answered immediately, it's because we are sinners! Isaiah 65:23-24

That's why rebellious spirits (demons) took the advantage to gain worshippers for themselves as they're ever ready to respond no matter the attitude of the one praying.

Examples of faithful servants of God in the Bible shows that they don't just pray to ask for material things from God.
Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham all these people prayed to make friend with God NOT to ask for favour! It's God himself that initiates the idea of giving his friends WHAT THEY NEED!
Abraham never asked of a son from God before God promised him, Abraham believed (trusted) his dear friend {James 2:23} Abraham was almost a hundred years old before God fulfilled that long time promise.

So in a nutshell you need to know God's will(plan) regarding your generation before praying. This is very important because someone living during the time of Noah, praying for a marriage mate, house, child or any other thing without ENTERING into the Ark will surely perish with everything outside the Ark! Luke 17:26-27

Many people are praying without considering what God had in mind for mankind in this time of the end {1John 5:14}, God will not abandon his own program to start attending to the selfish ambition of greedy humans, but demons are ever ready to do it. That's why you're seeing many going into spiritism to acquired material possessions!

True Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) are always in your neighborhood, you can ask them further questions about prayer. You can also download the soft copy of a brochure entitled Good news from God

In lesson 12 of it "How you can draw close to God" there you'll learn more about praying to the one and only hearer of prayer! Psalms 65:2

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Ihedinobi3: 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
Daniel058:

Am just confused..

angry

Hi there.

I don't know if you're a dad, but if you are, do you give your child everything that they ask for even if you can afford it? If you are not, would you give your child everything that they ask for if you can afford it?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by jamesid29(m): 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
Daniel058:

Am just confused..

angry

The point you're currently in is a point many believers has been at some point in there lives... A point of real doubt, where ur trust in the faithfulness and love of God is shaken to the core. I have been there myself and I can relate with what you're going through.

My personal advice to you is to talk to God. I mean really talk with Him... Forget the protocols you've been taught, forget all the gbas gbos,all the rules, and everything and Just talk to Him trully from your heart. Tell him about your doubt,ur fears, ur complaints and everything in between. Don't be afraid to let it all out, He already knows what's going on in ur heart so there's really no point hiding it. Mine was barely a five minutes prayer and God showed up, urs might be longer or shorter depending on how much u have to say. However long it is, just lay it down as it is in ur heart. I pray as you go boldly to the throne of grace, you receive mercy and Grace in your time of need.

Pls Take solace in the fact that many have been where you are and have come out stronger and more assured of the faithfulness of the God of the Bible. You too will also

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Vintax(m): 2:53am On Dec 31, 2019
I attend all bible believing churches but planted in one,in early year 2020 you will begin to feel God's presence and your prayers will manifest into answers as you pray more in tongues:study the book of acts and new testament well,you forever belongs to JESUS=dont seek him because of what u will get from,seek him because u love him too
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 5:17am On Dec 31, 2019
Vintax:
I attend all bible believing churches but planted in one,in early year 2020 you will begin to feel God's presence and your prayers will manifest into answers as you pray more in tongues:[/b]study the book of acts and new testament well,you forever belongs to JESUS=dont seek him because of what u will get from,seek him because u love him too

[b]Are you suggesting or you feel like that's going to happen?? I have never prayed in tongues
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 5:18am On Dec 31, 2019
jamesid29:

The point you're currently in is a point many believers has been at some point in there lives... A point of real doubt, where ur trust in the faithfulness and love of God is shaken to the core. I have been there myself and I can relate with what you're going through.

My personal advice to you is to talk to God. I mean really talk with Him... Forget the protocols you've been taught, forget all the gbas gbos,all the rules, and everything and Just talk to Him trully from your heart. Tell him about your doubt,ur fears, ur complaints and everything in between. Don't be afraid to let it all out, He already knows what's going on in ur heart so there's really no point hiding it. Mine was barely a five minutes prayer and God showed up, urs might be longer or shorter depending on how much u have to say. However long it is, just lay it down as it is in ur heart. I pray as you go boldly to the throne of grace, you receive mercy and Grace in your time of need.

Pls Take solace in the fact that many have been where you are and have come out stronger and more assured of the faithfulness of the God of the Bible. You too will also

God bless you.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by ikorodureporta: 5:57am On Dec 31, 2019
It's not just about praying... take d right actions
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 6:00am On Dec 31, 2019
ikorodureporta:
It's not just about praying... take d right actions
right action plus prayer without results ..
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by ikorodureporta: 6:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Daniel058:
right action plus prayer without results ..

then stay calm,... those who wait upon d Lord shall... u know d rest

1 Like

Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 31, 2019
@Daniel058

So ask yourself,

What are the things i'm praying for?

Do i desire such things to be shared equally in the midst of all humans?

Or my own turn to get material things others are lacking so as to oppress them the way i have also been oppressed in the past?

Jesus is God's only begotten son, the first phrase of the model prayer he taught us is OUR FATHER Matthew 6:9

So whatever we're praying for, we must have it at the back of our minds that we're asking from the one who is the father of all whether they choose to be virtuous (due to the image of God they are) or evil (due to the circumstances in which we find ourselves)! Matthew 5:45

God bless you Sir!
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 7:13am On Dec 31, 2019
Maximus69:
@Daniel058

So ask yourself,

What are the things i'm praying for?

Do i desire such things to be shared equally in the midst of all humans?

Or my own turn to get material things others are lacking so as to oppress them the way i have also been oppressed in the past?

Jesus is God's only begotten son, the first phrase of the model prayer he taught us is OUR FATHER Matthew 6:9

So whatever we're praying for, we must have it at the back of our minds that we're asking from the one who is the father of all whether they choose to be virtuous (due to the image of God they are) or evil (due to the circumstances in which we find ourselves)! Matthew 5:45

God bless you Sir!
Thanks Bro ✓
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 7:14am On Dec 31, 2019
ikorodureporta:

then stay calm,... those who wait upon d Lord shall... u know d rest
thanks
Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Great2017: 7:48am On Dec 31, 2019
Daniel058:

Am just confused..

angry

Without Faith, it is impossible to please God. I will advise that you spend some time to understand what faith in God is. Pray also for the Holy Spirit to teach you accordingly. He is the Spirit of God that knows the deep things of God.

I also want to advise that the biggest sacrifice is LOVE. Do you love God? Do you love your neighbour especially the poor ? When you have pity on the poor, you are lending to God and God will surely pay you back.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) by Daniel058(m): 9:27am On Dec 31, 2019
Great2017:

Without Faith, it is impossible to please God. I will advise that you spend some time to understand what faith in God is. Pray also for the Holy Spirit to teach you accordingly. He is the Spirit of God that knows the deep things of God.

I also want to advise that the biggest sacrifice is LOVE. Do you love God? Do you love your neighbour especially the poor ? When you have pity on the poor, you are lending to God and God will surely pay you back.
Thanks Bro

(1) (Reply)

In Response To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - 5G Revelation / War In Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star / Idolizing Mary Is A Grave Sin: Message To Catholics. By Pst Paul Rika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.