Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,534 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears (28318 Views)

FG Paid Pagefield Global N8.5m Monthly For PR — TheCable / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / Lai Mohammed Lied, FG Paid ‘Large Ransom’ To Free Dapchi Girls – UN Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
clemzo1233:
Junior workers, level 6 downward were not paid minimum wage areas, I wonder why
Have senior workers been paid?
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
mbaboy:
Information has it that the money will be paid next week in University of Calabar
From which source please. I believe if unical pays, it means fg has released the fund to all federal universities. I am from one of the universities in South West, as at today I was told fg has not released the fund.
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Tessyy1701: 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
OAU pays minimum wage arrears

The staffs of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife received the payment of minimum wage arrears from April 18th to December 31st, 2019 few hours ago. However the payment was for junior staffs alone while senior staffs are yet to receive the payment though there are speculations that the senior staffs will receive their payment by February.

The payment of the arrears was quite surprising because the entire university workers expected the implementation of the minimum wage from November based on payment to other agencies of government while hope to receive it in December was dashed.

A source close to the Nigerian University Administrative and Technical Staff Union (NUATSU) a body that left the Non-Academic Staff Union under the leadership of NASU said "junior staffs should please be patient with the little change given to them till this month end when the implementation is properly done because no where such payment is done that the amount Level 1-5 will be same as that of OAU" adding that it is a payment formula the university engineered and it's not a reflection of what the federal government approved.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Smokey5: 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
This info doesn't look like it's authentic....my opinion though
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Johans1991: 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
military :ZERO
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by AAA593: 12:22am On Jan 05, 2020
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by AAA593: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2020
Ippis joke

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by rapthugx(m): 9:36am On Jan 06, 2020
Guzel:

Not true. My university released the new payment circular last month. We follow oo

Did the circular come with the new salary scale? If yes can I see a copy of just the new salary scale thanks.

NB has any federal university gotten the new minimum wage?
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Is there no minimum wage for University workers, why is fg silence
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Smokey5: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ssanu ,nasu are all weak unions very weak ....if it was ASUU DT wasn't paid every newspaper in Nigeria will have d news .....ASUU refused to enrol in ippis so d aren't expecting payment....but non teaching staff enrolled n still Wer not paid and no one even has a concrete ans as to why ?!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 5:28am On Jan 11, 2020
Smokey5:
Ssanu ,nasu are all weak unions very weak ....if it was ASUU DT wasn't paid every newspaper in Nigeria will have d news .....ASUU refused to enrol in ippis so d aren't expecting payment....but non teaching staff enrolled n still Wer not paid and no one even has a concrete ans as to why ?!!!!

They are very weak indeed, everything is not strike, but they should let Nigerians know that fg is selective in the payment
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by rapthugx(m): 9:07am On Jan 11, 2020
Smokey5:

They were enrolled less than a month ago, the process takes time is not automatic. They will be payed as soon as the process is complete.
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by AAA593: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2020
rapthugx:

They were enrolled less than a month ago, the process takes time is not automatic. They will be payed as soon as the process is complete.
What stopped d government from releasing minimum wage arrears along with December salary? Does it make sense?
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
rapthugx:

Please, how long does it take?
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Smokey5: 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
Federal universities,colleges and polytechnics.......in no particular order ....will start receiving minimum wage arrears alert from this weekend (only for those who are enrolled into ippis .spend prudently...
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Loggerstrip: 12:13am On Jan 19, 2020
Pls how genuine is that information
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by bappahman: 12:34am On Jan 19, 2020
Smokey5:
Federal universities,colleges and polytechnics.......in no particular order ....will start receiving minimum wage arrears alert from this weekend (only for those who are enrolled into ippis .spend prudently...
how reliable oga?
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2020
Smokey5:
No alert yet o
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Humblezick(m): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
Its seems there is no minimum wages and arrears to universities, polytechnics and colleges of education. Otherwise, polytechnics too did not enroll on time? How about the colleges of education?
It's rather unfortunate that this country did not value education and that is why everything about education is taken for granted. These institutions in a country that values education would have been the first to be paid.
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Loggerstrip: 7:40am On Jan 24, 2020
Just received this file today

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Humblezick(m): 10:44am On Jan 24, 2020
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Tessyy1701: 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2020
Copied. Comrades, base on the recent meeting held in Abuja by the committee of Bursars, dated 21st January, 2020 is that the University staff will not be paid with the New National Minimum Wage until the public universities are on IPPIS platform.

This development has enrouted the document earlier directing Vice-chancellors to computes January, 2020 salary with the new national minimum wage table.

This is because the National Minimum Wage of the Universities had initially been on the said IPPIS platform as per the detailed information given by the OAGF during the Bursars meeting.

However the above circular is already beleted as the Universities Bursars had been directed today to re-computes the January, 2020 salary with Government Integrated and Finance Management Information system. (GIFMIS) to maintain status quo.

Additional information regarding this auspicious process is that the (GIFMIS) has been advance in order for us to have our January, salary along with the deductions of union's dues, Bursars will be given a form to fill and return same to the OAGF as soon as this process is completed funds will be available for Bursars to pay salaries even over the weekend.

In view of the foregoing, this is the information i have in my disposal as of today after the return of my University Bursar.

Comrade Lawal *Kankia.com*
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 10:20am On Jan 25, 2020
Tessyy1701:
Copied. Comrades, base on the recent meeting held in Abuja by the committee of Bursars, dated 21st January, 2020 is that the University staff will not be paid with the New National Minimum Wage until the public universities are on IPPIS platform.

This development has enrouted the document earlier directing Vice-chancellors to computes January, 2020 salary with the new national minimum wage table.

This is because the National Minimum Wage of the Universities had initially been on the said IPPIS platform as per the detailed information given by the OAGF during the Bursars meeting.

However the above circular is already beleted as the Universities Bursars had been directed today to re-computes the January, 2020 salary with Government Integrated and Finance Management Information system. (GIFMIS) to maintain status quo.

Additional information regarding this auspicious process is that the (GIFMIS) has been advance in order for us to have our January, salary along with the deductions of union's dues, Bursars will be given a form to fill and return same to the OAGF as soon as this process is completed funds will be available for Bursars to pay salaries even over the weekend.

In view of the foregoing, this is the information i have in my disposal as of today after the return of my University Bursar.

Comrade Lawal *Kankia.com*
How true is this
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Loggerstrip: 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
Pls any information on January salary
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by AAA593: 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
Copied Guzel's post
"Finally buhari sent money to universities. Alerts to start tomorrow.
ASUU has changed the gear, we want EA plus increment not that peanut minimum wage"
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Alorotimi: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
Has any federal workers received January salary
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by CsRockefeller(m): 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
Afamed:

• FG: We need to borrow to fund the budget

• Facebook NG: Stop borrowing. Live within your means

• FG: Ok, let's live within our means by supporting local industries.

• Facebook NG: Are you madt? How can we live within our means in this economy?

• FG: Should we increase Taxes to fund the budget?

• Facebook NG: Something must be wrong with you. Do you want to kill the masses?

• FG: How about we sell some national assets to raise funds?

• Facebook NG: So you want to sell our national assets to your friends like you sold Etisalat to your family Abi?

• FG: So what can we do?

• Facebook NG: Remove Fuel Subsidies ( under recovery), you will raise N1 Trillion.

• FG: Great, we will remove fuel subsidies?

• Facebook NG: Why would you remove subsidies? Do you want to kill us?

• FG: But most of the fuel is being smuggled accross the border.

• Facebook NG: Empty brain, Close the border Joor!

• FG: Closes the border

• Facebook NG: Why must you close the border? Do you want to kill their economy? Besides the price of rice has gone up.

• FG: But we now produce rice locally?

Facebook NG: Which useless rice. Show me the plantation.

Lol. Hilarious!! grin
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by AAA593: 2:42am On Jan 31, 2020
Alorotimi:
Has any federal workers received January salary
Alert received now. 14k plus was added. I'm a teaching staff and maybe that's the new minimum wage

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by adewale4jesus: 8:35am On Jan 31, 2020
AAA593:

Alert received now. 14k plus was added. I'm a teaching staff and maybe that's the new minimum wage

I also got alert in my University, minimum wage was not included
Re: Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears by Ayammawa(m): 8:56am On Feb 01, 2020
AAA593:

Plz from which amount to how much,?
I'm teaching staff too in Unity college, level 8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ / Dismissed Police Officer In Edo To Die By Hanging Over Extra-judicial Killing / Graphic Photos From The Suicide Bomb Attacks In Maiduguri, Scores Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.