Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ (28307 Views)

Mark Reveals Why He Has Not Been Talking In The Senate / Port Harcourt was named after a Child Rapist / President Jonathan's Mother Leaves Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Jamestb(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2015
In his authorized biography, Madam Eunice Aye Jonathan recalls why the president was christened Goodluck. She said:

“Madam Eunice recalls that there was nothing special about the day on which Goodluck was born in Otuoke. His birth was however very easy compared to her other experiences with childbirth. She recalled, “I often had prolonged labour during childbirth, sometimes for up to a wee, and because of this, I usually had still-births. But when it was the turn of Goodluck, I delivered him the very day I started having labour pains. This surprised me”.

“Apart from this, Eunice, did not regard the day as extraordinary. According to her, the people of Otuoke went about their duties as usual. No dramatic event occurred. Perhaps, the fact that nothing special happened was indeed significant and the truly important event was his birth.

Giving his reason for naming his son Goodluck, his father said: “ I called him Goodluck because although life was hard for me when he was born, I had this feeling that this boy would bring me good luck.” His paternal grandmother, Sarah, also declared that her grandson, in his adulthood, would shake the world the same way ‘king’ Azikiwe was doing at the time.”

http://www..ng/2015/01/09/president-jonathans-mother-reveals-named-goodluck/

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by KanwuliaJara: 11:59am On Jan 09, 2015
Who gives a QUARTER OF A PHOCK? undecided

A dunce by any other name remains a DUNCE! kiss

An abortion would have been better! kiss

Does she really call 'this goodluck' of a nuisance A CHILD? cry

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
shiit but he seems to av turned to badluck

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Ikpewe: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
HATERS WILL START THROWING STONES OOOOOOOOO. GOODLUCK TILL BUHARI (BADLUCK) SHOW US HIS CERTIFICATES.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Crocz(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=KanwuliaJara post=29634381]Who gives a QUARTER OF A PHOCK? undecided

Pls remove that pic

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by KanwuliaJara: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
Crocz:

Pls remove that pic

Why? undecided
Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Crocz(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Why? undecided

It's disturbing

30 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by hazyfm1: 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
[size=18pt]NOT INTERESTED FOR NOW[/size]

PLS CAN WE DISCUSS THIS AFTER FEBUHARI 14, 2015??

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by KanwuliaJara: 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
Crocz:

It's disturbing

What picture are you talking about?
You have never seen a grown man cry because of AN OTUOKE DUNCE before? undecided

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

grin grin grin

Happy new year aunty Kanwulia! smiley

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by herald9: 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Why? undecided

Crocz:

It's disturbing disgusting

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by vikyno(m): 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

You are on your own. Only an insane person will see any sense in what you wrote there.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
Apc don come again... Op! Bia! Where sauce?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

mind the words you use here....fighting like you stand to gain any thing in criticising sone one who doesn't even know you exist!!!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Samunique(m): 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

See what bitterness and hate have done to u !
They have killed ur sense of reasoning and made u completely inhuman!!!!

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by KanwuliaJara: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
berem:
grin grin grin

Happy new year aunty Kanwulia! smiley

HNY jor. . . .Beta pesin! grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Marvyx(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
Well-done ma.

But looking at Nigeria now I hope you are proud of your son.

No Nigerian in his right senses will score GEJ hundred percent but since Buhari has refused to show us his certificate..................

GEJ till I see Buhari's WAEC!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by quicyvictor(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
Goodluck is a modified version of "god, let this boy survive and have every luck belonging to those he will meet in life, work with, following him and every one he will deal with in life"
A name given to him by the gods

anyways, we don rebuke u during power must change hand

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by onadana: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
cool....am sure it was a slip of lips ..they meant BADLUCK.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mama we hear u oooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Fabdedon(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
this doesnt make him a winner

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by alienvirus: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Their looting no dey give us assurance
Repentance no dey their plans eh
create annoyance for my heart So
Ala Oyi e!

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by GEJfan1: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
grin why she no reveal why badluck dey meet anything or people wry he get anything to do with e.g yaradua, naira, economy e.t.c. Reminds me of Rev mbaka revelation of him. "from good luck to bad luck'. undecided

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Fabdedon(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
quicyvictor:
v
V for Victor
Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by holicalpha(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
Lol....Nairaland;a place where the stupid come to seem relevant.... I wish you mum aborted you, it could have saved me from quoting you.
KanwuliaJara:

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by gidistar: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
[url=gidihub..com/2015/01/was-it-3some-or-i-just-got-played.html] Was it a 3some or I Just Got Played (must read ) [/url]
Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by priscaoge(f): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
[size=14pt] When someone wanna write exam people will wish him/her GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!

Go for an interview and people around u will Wish u GOODLUCK!

Anything we do in life we always pray for GOODLUCK!!!!!!

Can't u see that there is POWER in this name GOODLUCK! cheesy cheesy

Anyway I Wish everyone here GOODLUCK this 2015,claim it and it shall be well with u, But if U reject it then the reverse will be d case cheesy cheesy
[/size]

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by moderatorr1: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
hmm
Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by pendusky(m): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
nice one madam even when those badluck e-goats insulting you! they shall give birth to another badluck!
Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by ceejay80s(m): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Storyland

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan’s Mother Reveals Why He Was Named ‘Goodluck’ by chibwike(m): 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Lol...why telling us now?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 / Court Declares Eze Madumere’s Impeachment Illegal. Jubilation In Imo (Photos) / 2019: Buhari Campaigns In Delta State (Photos, Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.