Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language (21144 Views)

5 Foreign Country That Speaks Yoruba / 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks Yoruba / Brazil adopts Yoruba as official language - Lekkigists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Sunky200: 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
spy24:
Second smallest country ? undecided Please its not

I post it exactly the way the original post put it
it's open for debate though
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Sunky200: 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
coolitempa:

I hope to visit this place in the future, their Yoruba heritage is very very strong from friends who have visited the place.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-1PTs5N3mAhUBURUIHSI3Cm0QwqsBMAF6BAgKEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7OezfLVW4aM&usg=AOvVaw39jluVMWziAP5Vk75YHXuY

no be lie o sister
a home to Yorùbás any day any time
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
Timatayo1:
Am just proud to be a Yoruba man.....period
why is it hard to have a Nation of your own if you are so proud?
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Dedetwo(m): 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
@OP

What a shameless display of idiocy. It is funny that a Bahia State is categorized as country. I cannot fathom the sense of idiocy where peoples' similar sign of worship makes them the speaker of a particular language. It would be safe to say that people who practice Catholicism are Latin speakers. What a dunce.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Tranquillity360: 9:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
NimrodEndOfDays:
why is it hard to have a Nation of your own if you are so proud?
We yorubas can't rule ourselves.
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
Tranquillity360:
hmmmmmm
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by GuyWise101(m): 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
Tranquillity360:
You prefered to be ruled by an illiterate nomadic.... Whaaat a piity.
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Kapeter(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
coolitempa:
Sierra Leone is also heavily influenced by Yorubas, a lot of them have pure Yoruba names as do many Liberians.
Freetown was created for Yoruba abinitio.
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by realstars: 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
When Hausa's what to list their own, it will cover till India.while Igbo will blow till Israel land
So should I speak Yoruba Igbo Or Hausa?
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by realstars: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
When Hausa's want to list their own, it will cover till India.while Igbo will blow till Israel land
So should I speak Yoruba Igbo Or Hausa?
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by ItooWorWor(m): 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Rubbish

Yoruba language is only spoken in Sw... Togo where all Yoruba people originated from before they invaded Nigeria and Benin Republic .

There should be a thread asking some people to move back to the country of their origin....
I have been expecting you okro brain

2 Likes

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by kayfra: 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Rubbish

Yoruba language is only spoken in Sw... Togo where all Yoruba people originated from before they invaded Nigeria and Benin Republic .

There should be a thread asking some people to move back to the country of their origin....

Hater from the Sad Beast spotted grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by YungMillionaire: 12:08am On Dec 31, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Rubbish

Let me ask you a question. First I am not Yoruba or Igbo. But let me ask you this, what do you benefit from derailing threads with tribalism?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Dedetwo(m): 12:26am On Dec 31, 2019
Kapeter:
Freetown was created for Yoruba abinitio.

Above crap is an ignorant conjecture. It is good to hear that Yari.ba were the only slaves out of Africa.
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Kapeter(m): 12:37am On Dec 31, 2019
Dedetwo:

Above crap is an ignorant conjecture. It is good to hear that Yari.ba were the only slaves out of Africa.
descendant of a frustrated ya..mu..ri.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:42am On Dec 31, 2019
thanks op,very very educative
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by balingaonline(m): 1:01am On Dec 31, 2019
even some Germany indegine trased their origin come to Ilaro town in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by MetaPhysical: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2019
Adefatima:
Some hates from sad beast will derail the thread

Chai!

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by MetaPhysical: 1:20am On Dec 31, 2019
Dedetwo:
@OP

What a shameless display of idiocy. It is funny that a Bahia State is categorized as country. I cannot fathom the sense of idiocy where peoples' similar sign of worship makes them the speaker of a particular language. It would be safe to say that people who practice Catholicism are Latin speakers. What a dunce.

Catholic exegetes are mostly in Latin.

His statement about Bahia and Yoruba is valid.

1 Like

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by MetaPhysical: 1:24am On Dec 31, 2019
Op, the list is not complete now.

Add Puerto Rico.
Awon aborica!

1 Like

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Dedetwo(m): 1:38am On Dec 31, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Catholic exegetes are mostly in Latin.

His statement about Bahia and Yoruba is valid.

Bahia is not a country. Secondly, Yoruba is not spoken in Bahia State of Brazil as even a secondary language. Even the third place language is English language even though broken.

1 Like

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by amuwo1980: 1:49am On Dec 31, 2019
Delusion of grandeur
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by alfasexy: 1:56am On Dec 31, 2019
I have often wondered why Brazilians are ugly even though mixed races elsewhere are the most beautiful creatures. Now I have my answer. Sorry Brazil.
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Dedetwo(m): 2:03am On Dec 31, 2019
Kapeter:
descendant of a frustrated ya..mu..ri.

Only a foolish descendant of a frustrated Yari.ba would not know that there were indigenous people of Sierra Leone before British landed with re-captive and freed slaves. I guess according to your foolish wealth of knowledge, the slaves were Yari.ba.

1 Like

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Divepen1(m): 2:38am On Dec 31, 2019
FrLukas:
Op, sorry but you haven't done justice to this article at all.

Why not start with African countries beside Nigeria that have indigenous Yoruba speakers before leaving the shores of Africa and arrange them well so that the thread can be front page worthy.

There are even Yoruba settlements in the United States. You mentioned Bahia, a state in Brazil after already mentioning Brazil. undecided

You killed the potential of this article and I was so looking forward to learning here.

Good you've pointed them out already. Life's not hard. Correct him and switch off the negative energy.
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by NGpatriot: 3:13am On Dec 31, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by NGpatriot: 3:16am On Dec 31, 2019
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by saintvc(m): 3:21am On Dec 31, 2019
huptin:
The Yoruba are giants but Nigeria have reduced that great tribe to common rats, sad! Very Sad!

Nigeria brand of Yoruba are fearful, fear reduced them
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by bjnorl: 3:22am On Dec 31, 2019
Anyone speak Yoruba in Brazil. Maybe only in African religions rituals. Candomblé is only 1% of Brazil population. Bahia is a majority catholic state. Lol. Brazil official language is only portuguese.

African Brazilians Religion
Roman Catholicism 63.20%
Protestantism 23.45%
Afro-Brazilian religions 0.31%

Correction: Brazil Has Not Made Yoruba an Official Language

Yesterday, reports circulated in Nigerian media that Brazil had adopted Yoruba as an official foreign language. We reported on it suggesting it was accurate (see below), but with more digging we've found that the story doesn't quite add up.

As we probed further and searched the news for supplemental content, we received confirmation from Rafael Baldo Guimaraes, from the Brazilian Ministry of Culture that the story is "fake news." According to Brazil's Minister of Culture, Dr. Sérgio Sá Leitão's, schedule, he was not in attendance at the seminar mentioned in Nigerian news sites such as The Nigerian Voice and The Poise Nigeria, which appeared to show photographs from the event.
Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by Guestlander: 3:54am On Dec 31, 2019
coolitempa:

I hope to visit this place in the future, their Yoruba heritage is very very strong from friends who have visited the place.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-1PTs5N3mAhUBURUIHSI3Cm0QwqsBMAF6BAgKEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7OezfLVW4aM&usg=AOvVaw39jluVMWziAP5Vk75YHXuY

That is correct, so much that akara, called "acaraje" is also a street food there and in other parts of Brazil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Foreign Countries That Speaks YORUBA, No. 3 Use It As Official Language by MoIbrahim: 4:34am On Dec 31, 2019
Dedetwo:
@OP

Write for your own language jor

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Africans Have Foreign Names? / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake / The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.