Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Sarah Jubril Should Denounce The North And The South Will Gladly Take Her In.lol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sarah Jubril Should Denounce The North And The South Will Gladly Take Her In.lol (984 Views)

Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / ''we Will Gladly Accept Fayose's Gifts'' / 2015: South-south Will Disown Jonathan If He Doesn’t Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sarah Jubril Should Denounce The North And The South Will Gladly Take Her In.lol by igbobuigbo: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2010
Consensus candidate: Why Ciroma committee ignored me –Sarah Jibril
From NOAH EBIJE, Kaduna

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Apparently feeling belittled and ignored by the Mallam Adamu Ciroma Committee on consensus candidate from the North, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirant, Sarah Jibril has said it is a good omen for her and the country.

Sarah Jibril

advertisement

She stressed she would on her own as a female aspirant among male aspirants neutralize the controversial zoning arrangement in the party.

Jibril, who spoke yesterday in Kaduna with journalists during an interactive session, regretted also that Ciroma Committee was ignorant of her geographical background and lambasted the committee for doubting her northern origin, emphasizing that she was a bonafide daughter of Kwara State, and none of the presidential aspirants from the North could be more northern than her.

The presidential hopeful further said the committee ignored her because she was always on the side of the truth and challenged the aspirants to tell the people why Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello’s legacies rotted away while they (aspirants) were in public offices.

She mentioned New Nigerian Development Company (NNDC), New Nigerian Newspapers (NNN), Kaduna Textiles Limited (KTL), Unity Bank as some of the Sardauna’s legacies allegedly abandoned by some of the presidential aspirants from the North.

Sarah said: “The right word is ignore because I purposely went to Ciroma’s house, I took my fliers and posters, bowed before him as an honourable son of the soil of this country and as a royal mother, I went to the elder statesman, knelt before him and I said, Baba I want to bring in my fliers and my posters.

“And he said I’m waiting back because of you, it was on a Friday at about 12 to 1pm before he went to the mosque. He said, Sarah, I know you are for the truth and I am also for the truth. And I said let God build a steel horse for us on the side of the truth. So if they thought I was not from the North or he was persuaded by the other characters that they were parading themselves as northerners. I want to find out who is the most northern citizen out of all of them.

“I sympathize with the situation because when somebody is ignorant, you don’t get angry, you don’t get offended. I do not survive by being offended by people’s ignorance or deliberate mockery. If you go to my village, you will see my great grandfather’s grave in Pategi Local Government Area of Kwara State. I am Nupe by tribe, and I am proud to be a woman, a Nupe from Arewa (North). And I am a bonafide full blooded Nigerian, so why would somebody say they ignored me. They were afraid of the truth.

“Over the years some of these aspirants that held public offices abandoned Sardauna’s legacies, where is Bank of the North today, New Nigerian Newspapers, (NNDC) and a host of them? And such people want to come and rule Nigeria. Nigeria has to be ready, we have been spending billions and billions of naira and dollars on Nigeria, investing in our education.

All that is required is for a President that will now look for those that will form development partners forum at all levels.”
Re: Sarah Jubril Should Denounce The North And The South Will Gladly Take Her In.lol by igbobuigbo: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2010
What do you think, Becomerich? Should Sarah Jubril move to the south with all her Pategi people?
Re: Sarah Jubril Should Denounce The North And The South Will Gladly Take Her In.lol by Dede1(m): 1:02am On Dec 02, 2010
Where is Becomepoor?
Re: Sarah Jubril Should Denounce The North And The South Will Gladly Take Her In.lol by edoyad(m): 7:22am On Dec 02, 2010
Why would she even reduce herself in the first place by being part of the Atiku/Ciroma show of shame ? I'm disappointed.
Re: Sarah Jubril Should Denounce The North And The South Will Gladly Take Her In.lol by fstranger2: 7:26am On Dec 02, 2010
She is a northerner
Why should she claim to be something she is not?
Remember, she is not Igbo!

I like her
Stand up for your right Missy
Stick it to them
and beat them at their own freaking game

Go girl!

(1) (Reply)

New Year Eve Bomb Blast In Abuja. / The Fallacy Of Nigerian Electoral Process In Pictures! / Akinjide Is Living In The Past, Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.