Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

I Need Advice Urgently Webmasters. Please Come In If You Think You Can Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Advice Urgently Webmasters. Please Come In If You Think You Can Help (674 Views)

Webmasters Please Help Me Appeal To Facebook To Unblock My Website!! / Webmasters Please Help Me. You Will Be Helped Always Anytime You Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Urgently Webmasters. Please Come In If You Think You Can Help by nedu210(m): 10:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
Please do not mind the long post, if you can read through in other to offer the best advice please do.

Someone wants to buy my blog and he said he is will to pay 500,000 thousand Naira for it. At first i didn't consider it but after a while i started giving it a thought. The blog is about 2 years plus and the contents are mainly on tourism with focus on travel, culture and food. My post rank high on search engine, most of my blog posts are on google first page but i only get between 200 to 400plus page views a day and only from google search. The blog is only monetize through Adsense and does't really make money with those number of views i get per day and the click i get from Nigeria doesn't amount to anything and we don't really have the same opportunity like our counterparts in India, Pakistan UK and USA when it comes to tourism blogging unless maybe there are things am yet to see.

The Truth is that i opened this blog not because of the money i intend to be making from it but because of my love for tourism, and as a way of promoting our local tourism. I am a builder by profession and the money i make from my construction business i put in the blog via subscription and and travels but when clients started owing too much and giving excuses i kind of neglected the construction business. I have had few challenges in this blogging business that made me want to quit, as a matter of fact, i was told that News and Entertainment blog gives money in Nigeria and i opened one with the hope the home that the money i make from it will help me to keep the tourism one running which was going well at first, i hired few people to be updating the blog but the first money i made from it, $100plus few days before i could cash it out for reason i couldn't fathom, google banned it for irregular click and few hours later the same thing happened to the tourism blog. I could understand the reason why they banned that of the News blog because people click on its ad a lot, some times i get up to 20 clicks a day with 1000plus post views but that of the tourism blog i couldn't.

Well, after that i still kept updating the blogs but discharged two of the writers on the News blog. Before this google New Adsense policy i bought another Adsense and make a big mistake by liking the two blogs to it, at first it seemed like a good idea but after making about $80plus the Adsense was banned again. This time around i gave up on the blogs but as angry as i was i couldn't give up on the tourism one, each time am less busy i will be moved to try and write some, i petitioned goolge many times to know if they will unban my Adsense but it didn't work. Few months ago, i applied for another Adsense on the two blogs, i knew it was a long shot but they approved that of tourism blog but disapproved the News one. Someone offered to buy the News blog for 170k few months back but one of the guys that used to update it told me to sell it. I have for long stopped updating the blog but someone still does, but his News are only focused on osun state.

Please 2020 is already upon us and i do want to get it right. Do you guys think its a good idea to sell the blog and invest the money in by construction business and focus on that.. Or do you think i should find another means of reviving the construction business and still keep the blog because the truth is that i have always had interest in real estate but don't have the kind of money it needs right now so am taking things slow.
Please if you think i shouldn't sell the blog, is there a way to improve the blog in other to use it as a source of income, i know it wasn't about the money at first but responsibility has changed and i really need an extra source of income, so if you think there is anything i can do to improve the blog i will love to hear it, and if you guys think there is still hope for the New blog also do let me know.

The Advice i have read on this forum has help me along the way, and that why am bringing my own personal issue to you you.
Here are the Blogs, tourism: http://outravelandtour.com News: http://easternreporter.com/
Re: I Need Advice Urgently Webmasters. Please Come In If You Think You Can Help by Wuzzytech1: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
Use the tourism website to build a YouTube channel that's where the money is... Best of Luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice Urgently Webmasters. Please Come In If You Think You Can Help by Wuzzytech1: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
That person dat wants to pay you 500k is a bloody scanner do not fall for cheap scams
Re: I Need Advice Urgently Webmasters. Please Come In If You Think You Can Help by nedu210(m): 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Wuzzytech1:
Use the tourism website to build a YouTube channel that's where the money is... Best of Luck

Okay.. I will give that a try, but the truth is that i feel its a lot of work and dont really know the best way to go about it.

Wuzzytech1:
That person dat wants to pay you 500k is a bloody scanner do not fall for cheap scams

Why do you think so? I know some people cant be trusted but do i have a reason to doubt him, he is actually not the first to ask it i want sell it but he is the only one i have actually considered.

(1) (Reply)

Web Developer Needed ... / What Is The Best Way To Market Your Blog Content? / Hent Host

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.