Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,922 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? (1503 Views)

Age Issue On Marriage Certificate / See Boarding Pass Issued At A Nigerian Airport In 2017 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by jocamodoj(f): 5:56am On Dec 31, 2019
I will be getting married in January 2020 to my Australian partner. I read marriage certificate issued at a Federal marriage registry is preferred to the one issued at the local government registry especially for migration. This will may also helping in our arrangements and plans on his coming to Nigeria and also I won't want this to be a problem when its time to finally migrate.

Please nairalanders, I will need some clarifications based on what I wrote above.

Thanks as you respond.
Cc:Lalasticlala

Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by Abfinest007(m): 6:29am On Dec 31, 2019
CRA.comments readers association . let me park here

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by demoBaba: 6:38am On Dec 31, 2019
The purpose of that marriage is "migration" best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by SEGLIZ: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2019
those local government certificate are valid cos the federal government licences them to do such.
though this is supposed to be a delegated role but the over educated nuisance we are in Nigeria we love and enjoy making life cumbersome and living hell for our citizens.
every certificate is supposed to bear federal oath but signed by proxy on behalf of Chief Registrar of the Federation.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by pocohantas(f): 7:55am On Dec 31, 2019
Maybe it is easier to verify, thus preferable. That doesn't make others invalid, as people have migrated with them.

It should be LGAs registering these marriages on behalf of the FG. Marriage registry falls within the juridiction of the LG. FG doesn't even have presence across the 36 states, except that one in Ikoyi, which shouldn't be there usurping power of the LGAs/LCDAs.

You want to go stand in front of that green signboard? If you can, no problem. If you can't, marry in any LG registry close to you.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by jocamodoj(f): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
SEGLIZ:
those local government certificate are valid cos the federal government licences them to do such.
though this is supposed to be a delegated role but the over educated nuisance we are in Nigeria we love and enjoy making life cumbersome and living hell for our citizens.
every certificate is supposed to bear federal oath but signed by proxy on behalf of Chief Registrar of the Federation.
thank you so much for this info
Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by jocamodoj(f): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
pocohantas:
Maybe it is easier to verify, thus preferable. That doesn't make others invalid, as people have migrated with them.

It should be LGAs registering these marriages on behalf of the FG. Marriage registry falls within the juridiction of the LG. FG doesn't even have presence across the 36 states, except that one in Ikoyi, which shouldn't be there usurping power of the LGAs/LCDAs.

You want to go stand in front of that green signboard? If you can, no problem. If you can't, marry in any LG registry close to you.

wow! Well explained. Thank you for the info. I was confused when I saw that on the ministry of interiors website. We will be using the LG registry. Thank you once again.
Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by jocamodoj(f): 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
demoBaba:
The purpose of that marriage is "migration" best of luck.

I can't get married and live forever without been with my husband. One of us have to migrate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by SEGLIZ: 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
jocamodoj:
thank you so much for this info

You are welcome.
Success all the way.

Wishing You A Happy New.
Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by Vickkk(m): 9:00am On May 24, 2022
jocamodoj:

I can't get married and live forever without been with my husband. One of us have to migrate.

My friend, I am the same situation right with my spouse.
Did the LGA registry worked well for you?
Is your partner migrated with you?

Was there issue.?

Your response will be gladly appreciated
Re: Is Marriage Certificate Issued At Federal Marriage Registry Better Than LG? by steep865: 2:39pm On May 24, 2022
Vickkk:

My friend, I am the same situation right with my spouse.
Did the LGA registry worked well for you?
Is your partner migrated with you?

Was there issue.?

Your response will be gladly appreciated

The LG Registry is very much valid and acceptable. Don't bother with the ikoyi registry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Canada Start-up Visa Program / Fault Kenya Airline Going To Dubai With Over 60 Nigerian Onboard / Exciting Places To Visit In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.