Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? (50759 Views)

Watch:Mind-blowing Moment Plane Appears Out Of Nowhere Seconds Before Landing / This Is The Major Reason Why Pilots Dump Fuel Before Landing. (PHOTOS) / The Stairs Used To Climb Out Of Arik Airplane (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by 0monnak0da: 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
ReeLoaDead:

Nothing stüpid about the rule as well explained or public transportation (efficiency).
Explanation s are not necessarily true or scientific.
Often they are based on assumptions.
Is there any evidence that airplanes that do not follow this protocol are less safe.
The only way to PROVE these EXPLANATIONS is evidence. That it makes good reading or listening does not PROVE IT
It can be demonstrated by a designed study or a study of data not faith based explanation
Null hypothesis testing. That a thing works once does not mean it works always
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Chriswazo(m): 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Incase the plane crash lands, we would quickly see if it's sharks awaiting us, lions or hard concrete..........

Lol, u carry this spirit enter this new year, Kai!
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by watchwoman(f): 6:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
israelmao:
This write-up makes reall sense.People are required to do many things sometime yet they don't care to know why.
Very correct I'm guilty of this.. whenever I'm on an airplane the first thing I do is to bring down the window cover and whenever we land the pilot announces that it should be be opened I never knew why, never asked till today. God save me from ignorance this year
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
That's what they tell us as the reasons to back up some long time lies ordered by NASA. They can't cover lies forever, with time we will know the truth
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by chrisxxx(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
@ Chrisxxx. Nice thread. I believe with some newer planes it is done automatically - as there are no shades since the windows are electronic. 787 Dreamliner
Etihad I board last from Nigeria -Dubai-Malaysia has it.
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
McTobe:
Also pictures taken from flights can be so beautiful...I took these ones onboard Ibom Air
One of my most beautiful view is that of the rising sun. Makes me wonder at the greatness of God.
Other amazing views were of the Nile river , descent into New York and Mediterranean view on approach to the city of Istanbul

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
I LIKE LEAVING THE WINDOW BLINDS RAISED AS IT ENABLES ONE TO BEHOLD THE BEAUTY OF THE CLOUDS AND THAT OF THE BLUE SKY DURING INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS.MANY TIMES I HAVE ALSO SEEN OTHER PLANES FLYING A GOOD DISTANCE AWAY.
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by McTobe(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
I just imagine how small man is in the mighty Universe and how important he thinks he is each time I look at the rising sun when I am airborne. Then the Integrated Science topic CLOSER HEAVEN AS WE FLY comes to mind( The text book then was by Science Teachers Association of Nigeria) I have not been to the States or pass through Turkey Airspace before so I can’t relate to your last two Experiences .
quaintbloke:

One of my most beautiful views is that of the rising sun. Makes me wonder at the greatness of God.
Other amazing views were of the Nile river , descent into New York and Mediterranean view on approach to the city of Istanbul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by deic9(m): 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
The window shades are raised during takeoff and landing, so that passengers sitting at the window seats, can help other passengers and cabin crews by informing them in case of extreme emergency situations like in case of Engine fires. It will help in safe evacuation at the earliest possible time.

Correct
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by visijo(m): 7:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
jaszplus12:

Use your phone's "airplane mode" as practice! grin
No vex o...try, this year fit be your year to enter!
lol see savage cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by israelmao(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
watchwoman:

Very correct I'm guilty of this.. whenever I'm on an airplane the first thing I do is to bring down the window cover and whenever we land the pilot announces that it should be be opened I never knew why, never asked till today. God save me from ignorance this year

The key to ignorance is knowledge,we should not get tired of seeking for knowledge even though there is a price to pay.like our time,money,emergy and so on.
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by BeerParlour: 7:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
Good topic

Naira Malay, Tacha, Tonto Dike etc

3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Sweeetheart(m): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
God bless this Op for this insight. we hope to see more of this from you or other expose nairalanders

once again thanks Op
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Tpresh(f): 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
Thanks for sharing @ OP. Atleast I now know this before I eventually get to board a plane. E no go tey o by God's Grace....
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by pacespot(m): 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
Cool
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Lexusgs430: 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
Chriswazo:

Lol, u carry this spirit enter this new year, Kai!

It's just another day nah...... My brain no gree reset...... grin
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by nwakibie3(m): 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2020
Emmyk:
My window blinds are always raised. smiley

Me and you are the same

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Blecool(f): 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
Chai.. See as I just dey read this one.. So educative. God butter my bread too make I follow enter this plane one day..

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by letitrainnow(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
Great one.
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by DJperdurabo: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
RedBlackPepper:
Wow. Just learnt a lot now. Seem Nairaland is going to be a big package of right and educative info in this new year. Old things are passed away.

You wish!
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by pakingzzzzz(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
It's very useful.

Meanwhile, you can let me know if you need a peanut coating machine fabricated for you.

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Prymestrr(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
rentAcock:
Some people leave the blinds open throughout the flight gazing outside at total emptiness all because they paid for a window seat. Somehow they think they will see people and houses beneath them but most flight path goes through bodies of water.
Most people fancy admiring the ambiguity behind cloud formations and how the atmosphere appears generally while in flight. That's why I always go for the window seat kapish? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by flokii: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
A frequent flyer and I don't do window seat..

Heard it dates back to an event in the early days where an engine fire was quickly detected with safe evacuation of all passengers on board. Since then, it has been a tradition
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
I am a frequent flyer and I have never heard anything like that from flight crews. They only care about you putting you seatbelt on and having your seat in an upright position during landing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by Stanzar7: 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
rentAcock:
Some people leave the blinds open throughout the flight gazing outside at total emptiness all because they paid for a window seat. Somehow they think they will see people and houses beneath them but most flight path goes through bodies of water.

It has caused me and one nigga banter.. Y raise it when u r'nt seeing anything..
He snapped more than 30times. Maybe his first time
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by madjune(m): 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
So many nairalanders have never been on an airplane and may never get on one in the nearest future.

In this new year, our prayers should be with them so that they know what this topic is all about and relate better.
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by predatorX: 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
Aerial View and also for anyone in the cabin section(Flight Attendants & Passengers alike) to spot anything of significance around the plane and along its flight path. The Radar installation at an Airfield or airport is high-up and has an elevated beam. This means that an airplane coming in to land would at some altitude closer to the ground, go off Radar. At this level, it is only by visual recognition and transponders on the tarmac that planes identify themselves

The most dangerous stages of a flight is Take-Off and Landing so all eyes on deck

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
0monnak0da:

Explanation s are not necessarily true or scientific.
Often they are based on assumptions.
Is there any evidence that airplanes that do not follow this protocol are less safe.
The only way to PROVE these EXPLANATIONS is evidence. That it makes good reading or listening does not PROVE IT
It can be demonstrated by a designed study or a study of data not faith based explanation
Null hypothesis testing. That a thing works once does not mean it works always

Here are explanations supporting what the OP said. grin

https://lifehacker.com/why-flight-attendants-ask-you-to-raise-your-window-shad-1792650980

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/why-raise-airplane-window-shades
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by 0monnak0da: 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
ReeLoaDead:

Here are explanations supporting what the OP said. grin

https://lifehacker.com/why-flight-attendants-ask-you-to-raise-your-window-shad-1792650980

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/why-raise-airplane-window-shades
EXPLANATIONS explaining EXPLANATIONS
Why do we shake hands when we greet
Why are tyres black
Why pay bride price
Why do snakes bite people
Why do Nigeria Police ask us to Park

There is no end to EXPLANATIONS

Infact EXPLANATIONS can expire when new EXPLANATIONS emerge

Even the bible is full of EXPLANATIONS

We do not have to believe all EXPLANATIONS
Just listen and nod
Re: Why Do We Have To Raise Airplane Window Blinds Before Landing? by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
0monnak0da:

EXPLANATIONS explaining EXPLANATIONS
Why do we shake hands when we greet
Why are tyres black
Why pay bride price
Why do snakes bite people
Why do Nigeria Police ask us to Park

There is no end to EXPLANATIONS

Infact EXPLANATIONS can expire when new EXPLANATIONS emerge

Even the bible is full of EXPLANATIONS

We do not have to believe all EXPLANATIONS
Just listen and nod
You are living proof that you can take a donkey to the river but you cannot force it to drink water. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jubril Gawat: What The Yaba Train Station Will Look Look When Finished / Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) / Car Running On 3 Tyres On Lagos Highway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.