Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) (2650 Views)

U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked; Iraqi Security Forces Kill Protester / The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Explorers(m): 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
President Donald Trump has vowed to hold Iran 'fully responsible' for an attack on the US embassy in Baghdad today, where hundreds of pro-Iran militia members stormed the compound in retaliation for American air strikes.

American soldiers inside the embassy have fired tear gas, stun grenades and warning shots at hundreds of fighters who broke down the compound gate and set fires within the complex in the Iraqi capital.

US soldiers could be seen inside the building filmed from the outside by furious protesters who pressed up against the glass taunting the personnel.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7839679/amp/US-embassy-Baghdad-evacuated-angry-Iraqi-protesters-descend-complex.html?__twitter_impression=true
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Explorers(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
A security guards hut window has been badly damaged by the rioters as smoke spews from fires set around the compound today, with protesters waving flags of the militias part of the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF).

Many are supported by Iran.

Iraqi protesters set ablaze a sentry box in front of the US embassy building in the capital Baghdad to protest against the weekend's air strikes by US planes on several bases belonging to the Hezbollah brigades near Al-Qaim.

Demonstrators, including some wearing military fatigues, hurl rocks over the compound walls on Tuesday after they set fire to the barricade.

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Explorers(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
Demonstrators smash a bullet-proof window within the US embassy compound on Tuesday during chilling scenes following a protest over the US bombing of militia sites on Sunday night.

Demonstrators in militia uniforms hurl projectiles over the walls of the compound today and throw their terrorist flags over the barbed wire. Some trying to destroy the cctv.

Demonstrators shove a vehicle over within the walls of the US embassy compound on Tuesday, an Iraqi flag is held aloft as well as the yellow of Kataeb Hezbollah.

U.S. soldiers fire tear gas to stop protesters inside U.S. embassy in Baghdad.

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by dermmy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
Mr Trump always hold Iran responsible for everything. He is still going to hold Iran responsible for his impeachment grin
Let's agree it's a proxy war between Iran and America but what evidence do they have by holding Iran responsible?

They way USSR held America responsible during the Soviet-Afghan war when America was channeling weapons and money to the Mujahideens to fight the Soviet troops in Afghanistan? undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Explorers(m): 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hundreds of protesters are seen on the streets leading to the embassy waving flags and chanting 'Death to America'

Thousands of demonstrators, waving flags of the Shia militia which was decimated in US strikes on Sunday night, swarm outside the embassy on Tuesday.

Smoke billows over the horizon on Tuesday as furious demonstrators, some wearing militia uniforms, gathered outside the US embassy on Tuesday.

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
If it was Africa, they would’ve acquiesced to the air strikes without a word. Arabs have heart.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2019
Our "Religion Of Peace" brothers are extremely violent and always welcome any thing that will lead to the loss of lives and properties.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by wabbyland(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2019
why hold Iran responsible for an attack that happened in Iraq?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hundreds of Iran Sponsored PMF Shia Members....

A lot of Iraqis are against this..

This is a War Between The USA and Iran..
Iraq is only the Battle Ground!!

Everyone should be Prepared..... The Big one could Happen Anytime..

Prepare to Meet JESUS In the Air
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by iaamxavier(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2019
I Love the fact they aren't cowards unlike my country
America thinks they can display their impunity and go Scott free?? I trust these Arab niggaaass!! Burn down the shitty embassy I dey your back

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by NwaAmaikpe: 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
shocked
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by dimexy247(m): 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
Mad o
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Explorers(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
Security guards were seen retreating inside the embassy earlier on Tuesday as protesters hurled bottles and smashed security cameras outside the buildings.

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by dermmy(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
iaamxavier:
America thinks they can display their impunity and go Scott free?? I trust these Arab niggaaass!! Burn down the shitty embassy I dey your back

America turned Iraq to what it is today and they think the Iraqis would forget just like that. They are ready to give America the treatment it deserves this time. Strike them again and see what happens, they have a military base there. They still dont know what to do with the Taliban who is seriously giving them headache. One thing i like about America is she has money to service unnecessary wars.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by reccy(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
Why Iran? Something happened in Iraq, you are holding Iran responsible How?? I don't understand.... Its obvious these countries don't need your presence even your base is not allowed there. Why can't you be responsible for once and go instead of blaming peaceful Iran !

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by budaatum: 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
Explorers:
President Donald Trump has vowed to hold Iran 'fully responsible' for an attack on the US embassy in Baghdad today, where hundreds of pro-Iran militia members stormed the compound in retaliation for American air strikes.
You killed innocent Iraqis but blame Iran for retaliation?

You must think we are stupid, Trump!

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2019
reccy:
Why Iran? Something happened in Iraq, you are holding Iran responsible How?? I don't understand.... Its obvious these countries don't need your presence even your base is not allowed there. Why can't you be responsible for once and go instead of blaming peaceful Iran !

The Protesters are Iraq Popular mobilization forces. They are Shia Militants who are Sponsored by Iran..
They are an Equivalent of the Shia guys in Nigeria who were protesting in kaduna and Abuja..

They are Sponsored by Iran...

It's a Battle between The USA and Iran.. Iraq is just the Battlefield
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by reccy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
Righteousness89:

The Protesters are Iraq Popular mobilization forces. They are Shia Militants who are Sponsored by Iran..
They are an Equivalent of the Shia guys in Nigeria who were protesting in kaduna and Abuja..

They are Sponsored by Iran...

It's a Battle between The USA and Iran.. Iraq is just the Battlefield

Noted!
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by dejiolaniyan(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Erediauwa:
Our "Religion Of Peace" brothers are extremely violent and always welcome any thing that will lead to the loss of lives and properties.
Use your brain bro! Must you involve religion in everything? Even a diplomatic matter as this!

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
dejiolaniyan:

Use your brain bro! Must you involve religion in everything? Even a diplomatic matter as this!
My bad.

I apologise tho.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by FemiEddy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
The New World Order is about to begin.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
This is beautiful. This is a good news. grin

Perhaps when all Amerikan Embassies worldwide are attacked, the Washington District Criminals and her lackeys in Tel Aviv, London, Paris, Riyadh & all NATO capitals around the world will begin to get the message.

This is no longer business as usual. grin

My sincere prayer is for satan to push Trump into attacking Iran so that the United Snakes of Amerika can crumble quickly. grin

One misguided move on Iran and Iran will in effect target every oil, natural gas field, installation, refinery, ports, basically all the whole oil and gas infrastructure of the GCC countries.

The Persian Gulf will be a no-go zone and that means that overnight, 50% of the worlds total oil production and flow would cease. grin

Every war the Amerika has prosecuted since 1946 saw no fighting on the US mainland. About time that changed. Make 300 million Americans know what being carpet bombed feels like. grin

And I also expect Iran to covertly supply just THREE missiles to the Houthis in Yemen to destroy the 14mbpd salt water injection plant at Qurayyah and 80% of Saudi Crude Oil Production 8.5mbpd from the Ghawar/Khurais oil fields inland will cease. grin

If the price of oil increases by $70 then Russia stand to gain $70 x 365 x 14mbpd (Russian oil/gas equivalent exports) = $350 BILLION per year.

Even Nigeria will not be left out of this overnight prosperity - as she would rake in over $51Billion per year. grin

It's time to be proactive against the Great Amerikan Satan. grin

Here's a recent statement made by Iranian Commander "Amir Ali Hajizadeh", Head of the Revolutionary Guards’ Aerospace Division.

“An aircraft carrier that has at least 40 to 50 planes on it and 6,000 forces gathered within it was a serious threat for us in the past, but now it is a target and the threats have switched to opportunities,”

“If (the Americans) make a move, we will hit them in the head,” grin

I do not need Orunmila to tell me Russia, China, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba & other axis of resistance are already standing by. grin

I leave you with a video of an Important Statement which was released by Mother Russia on December 24, 2019 (Christmas Eve).

Important Statement by Putin on Russia’s Super Weapons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr3YrHswsBo#

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Olominira(m): 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
Zoharariel:

Perhaps when all Amerikan Embassies worldwide are attacked, the Washington District Criminals and her lackeys in Tel Aviv, London, Paris, Riyadh & all NATO capitals around the world will begin to get the message.

My sincere prayer is for satan to push Trump into attacking Iran so that the United Snakes of Amerika can crumble quickly. grin

One misguided move on Iran and Iran will in effect target every oil, natural gas field, installation, refinery, ports, basically all the whole oil and gas infrastructure of the GCC countries.

The Persian Gulf will be a no-go zone and that means that overnight, 50% of the worlds total oil production and flow would cease. grin

Every war the Amerika has prosecuted since 1946 saw no fighting on the US mainland. About time that changed. Make 300 million Americans know what being carpet bombed feels like. grin

And I also expect Iran to covertly supply just THREE missiles to the Houthis in Yemen to destroy the 14mbpd salt water injection plant at Qurayyah and 80% of Saudi Crude Oil Production 8.5mbpd from the Ghawar/Khurais oil fields inland will cease. grin

If the price of oil increases by $70 then Russia stand to gain $70 x 365 x 14mbpd (Russian oil/gas equivalent exports) = $350 BILLION per year.

Even Nigeria will not be left out of this overnight prosperity - as she would rake in over $51Billion per year. grin

Here's a recent statement made by Iranian Commander "Amir Ali Hajizadeh", Head of the Revolutionary Guards’ Aerospace Division.

“An aircraft carrier that has at least 40 to 50 planes on it and 6,000 forces gathered within it was a serious threat for us in the past, but now it is a target and the threats have switched to opportunities,”

I do not need Orunmila to tell me Russia, China, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba & other axis of resistance are already standing by. grin

I leave you with a video of an Important Statement which was released by Mother Russia on December 24, 2019 (Christmas Eve).

I don't really support all your analyses, but one thing is sure, North Korea would make sure all US military bases in SK and Japan would be under intense attack within days. Moreover, China and Russia would intercept largely most US missiles. Trump wouldn't make this mistake.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by shegzhkn: 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2019
Zoharariel:

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Ayobami7(m): 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
Eyaah embarassed
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by Efewestern: 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
The protest reveals one thing, forces in Iraq are loyal to Iran than the US, if not how did they (protesters) gain access to the greenzone, a zone that is heavily fortified.

I feel so much for Iraqis, they are the ones facing the consequences of this endless war.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by imam07: 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
wabbyland:
why hold Iran responsible for an attack that happened in Iraq?
go and read more about the news. Google it.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by imam07: 10:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
iaamxavier:
when it is not your family that will die in d fight, why will u not encourage them.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by imam07: 10:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
dermmy:

America turned Iraq to what it is today and they think the Iraqis would forget just like that. They are ready to give America the treatment it deserves this time. Strike them again and see what happens, they have a military base there. They still dont know what to do with the Taliban who is seriously giving them headache. One thing i like about America is she has money to service unnecessary wars.
hmm i laugh u. Even during Sadam when d Iraq govt was openly against d US, they tried but they no fit. Is it now u think they have mite to do dat. Dont use ur hatred for US to determine ur judgment.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by imam07: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
budaatum:

You killed innocent Iraqis but blame Iran for retaliation?

You must think we are stupid, Trump!

does US govt sabi ur father's name.
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by budaatum: 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
imam07:
does US govt sabi ur father's name.
Must US govt sabi ur father's name?
Re: U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked, Set On Fire By Protesters Over Airstrike(Pics) by imam07: 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2019
Olominira:

I don't really support all your analyses, but one thing is sure, North Korea would make sure all US military bases in SK and Japan would be under intense attack within days. Moreover, China and Russia would intercept largely most US missiles. Trump wouldn't make this mistake.
u guys sit down inside your face me i face u room. Typing with infinix or tecno u start analyzing US military strength as if nah Buhari u dey analyze. Though nah tecno i dey use. U better stop saying something u know little about. U think tbis nah ps game wey u sabi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Don't Fall For This Latest Trick From Scammer Or 419 (see Photo) / The Ma. Race To Replace Kennedy's Senate Seat / You Think Adolf Hitler Was Terrible?there Was A Monster Wit More Terror Than Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.