Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees (10103 Views)

Poll: Who's Gonna Win BEST RAP ALBUM at the 53rd Grayy Awards?

The Adventures of Bobby Ray- B.o.B: 1% (2 votes)
Thank Me Later- Drake: 13% (14 votes)
Recovery- Eminem: 61% (66 votes)
The Blueprint 3- Jay Z: 21% (23 votes)
How I Got Over- The Roots: 1% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

The Headies 2015 Nominees List. / Nigerian Entertainment Awards Nominees #NEA2015 / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2010
not because he raps fast. . . rather listen to the words of his songs. . . eminem has a message to tell. i RAP virtually ALL eminem's songs, so am not speaking claptrap. . .  the EMINEMSHOW was the BOMB as well. . . the SKITS everything, just so DIFFERENT. . . from cleanin out my closet to halie song he talked about a range of issues, his relationship with other rappers and his personal life. . . not about BITCHES , MONEY AND BLINGS OR SHOWING unclothed LADIES IN VIDEOS!!! i hate all that!! its boring in rap cos everyone raps about that!! just like MI's naija's HOTTEST in my opinion, i think SHADY should be giving credit and accolades for exhuming the essence of rap (Rhythm and Poetry) !! more so, u get the best of eminem when he has BEEF with someone!! DAMN, he'll come strait out at them enemies with the D12 and OBIE TRICE especially when DRE'S on the BEAT!! em's the BEST!

so your saying he is the best rapper alive cos he has a story to tell??

go and listen to illmatic and come and talk,
@kanyewest is a connosieur of rap, he raps and my mouth gapes open and trust me, im into hip hop bigtime!!!!

a while before, i was in awe of jay-z, i had all his albums till @kanyewest dropped his first and till now i only see kanye as the bestest lyricist !!
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by HumanPsycho(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2010
Who ever do not like eminem, i don't think that person ever likes Rap. He's worth more than a ten grammy Nomination over and over again(NOT HYPE) cos all his songs Is got something they pointing at each, its not just by playin' swagg and sounding good, Rap's gone beyound that,
'Recovery' a compilation litera and practical work
EM'S IS COMIN' OUT WITH NOTHING LESS THAN SEVEN(7) OF THOSE AWARDS NOMINATED FOR. Give it up for EMINEM,

Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by HumanPsycho(m): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2010
Who ever do not like eminem, i don't think that person ever likes Rap. He's worth more than a ten grammy Nomination over and over again(NOT HYPE) cos all his songs Is got something they pointing at each, its not just by playin' swagg and sounding good, Rap's gone beyound that,
'Recovery' a compilation litera and practical work
EM'S IS COMIN' OUT WITH NOTHING LESS THAN SEVEN(7) OF THOSE AWARDS NOMINATED FOR. Give it up for EMINEM,

Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by IBEXY(m): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2010
One of the best renditions from Eminem:

[flash=350,310]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQhKxxrq04?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed>[/flash]

[flash=350,310]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">[/flash]
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2010
^^^^^

one of the best!!!! definately one of the best!!!!

"where the fc uk is kanye when u need him" #classiclines
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by martyns303(m): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
kobikwelu:

^^^^^

one of the best!!!! definately one of the best!!!!

"where the fc uk is kanye when u need him" #classiclines
one of my fav line in the song. he was like get this w.hack c.o.ck suc.k.ers off the stage
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by IBEXY(m): 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2010
Meanwhile let digress a little.
How many of you are fed up with waiting for Dr Dre's Detox?
I listened to something the other day. It was just ok. Lets not forget Dre found Eminem, made 50 Cent and mentored The Game. Its about time he dropped Detox. We've waited 9 years for it.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by A40(m): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2010
They should just give Jigga his award and save us the time and energy! He shoulda won it last year if he had released BP3 before September 1st
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by mykali(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2010
I don't know if i'm the only guy that liked ReLapse. . .everyone seems to be talking about Recovery. The latter is definitely a better album. Well, it's just that i love every damn thing that the white dude spits. I see him winning SOTY and ROTY. . .not sure about AOTY.

Jay Z should grab an award or two. BP3 was a great album.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by desktop: 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
A-40:

They should just give Jigga his award and save us the time and energy! He shoulda won it last year if he had released BP3 before September 1st

jigga bawo?
Dude get the recovery album and listen to track after track of what it means to be a lyricist complete with the beats abeg  smiley
Which kin jigga? In my opinion dude shoulda stayed retired, he aint done anything significant since he came out of retirement but live on past glory and be responsible for jist or fact (either one i no send) that Beyonce is pregnant
**hisses takes blue pint 3cd and tosses it in the bin and increases volume on cd player track 9 on recovery album-No love featuring lil wayne is 0:45 is playing**
All the awards na Em get am! nuff said.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by aieromon(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2010
You know me mehn. . .if i were gay,the only n!gga i'll Bleep with is Jay.
Funny,the dude is busy grabbing awards at the end of his career.Not enough people with quality out there these days?How come a granddad rapper is still relevant?50 must be pretty mad.Ever since GROTD was robbed at the Grammies,he's never been a name to mention every February.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by pkasso(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2010
Slim Shady rocks.expect my guy to sweep everything .kiss beyonce's damn record goodbye.the rap king is back. grin
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by hax: 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2010
O

M

G

B.o.B nominated for rap album of the year? sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit!
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by emmabowin(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2010
jay-z blue print 3 is one of his greatest works and it is a blessing to this decade.
hw come he is still on the limelight after countless numbers of years
lil wayne go and sit down and study this dude he is far more better than you.
eminem is good, we all know that but i think the hype is too much from usa, maybe because he is white, others majorly black.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by hax: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2010
emma bowin:

jay-z blue print 3 is one of his greatest works and it is a blessing to this decade.
pure comedy.

lmfaooooo
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by poweredcom(m): 12:31am On Dec 04, 2010
bleep Grammy

Not even rick ross nominated, na that wack backside B.O.B , dem see nominate, well I am sure the dopest white Boi  from Detriot will take it, Ok, Racism still alive, slim shady keep getting all the awards, He is tight and deserve it sha.but there shuold also consider other Rappers to get the award for the same category
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by IBEXY(m): 2:41am On Dec 04, 2010
There's nothing about color here with Eminem. Even on this thread here in NL. He has already got the highest vote. Go through this thread and see for yourself. Check the votes at the top of the thread. He is leading by far.

I hate people dragging everything into racial differences. Check the song everyone is talking about here "No Love". He did it with a black rapper in a black run studio (going by the video) Eminem was found and nurtured by Dr Dre (a real black OG). What the f$%k is all this about white supremacy when his lyrics and beats clearly puts him ahead. Did you listen to the RECOVERY album before coming here to spew genetic differences. Nonsense!
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by ochallo: 3:35am On Dec 04, 2010
Firebomb:

This is really complicated,  Eminem is gonna win  AOTY and SOTY,but not ROTY.
fyi eminem's chances in the general category are very slim

for AOTY-- arcade fire has been tipped to win,followed closely by lady gaga , eminem is the third most likely here though.
for SOTY- need you now, the house that built me and fucck you all have better chances than slim shady
for ROTY- empire state of mind has been tipped to win.,eminem i the second here

and for those idiots talking about race, when beyonce was nominated last year , u didnt talk about race , must u all act like black people all the days of your lives. eminem uses real meaning words in his raps , no phrasing or slangs, he raps fast and at high pitch, he has real stories to tell, from drugs to bullying to love and all, his melodies are also on point and he had very good production and recovery is the highest selling album of this year in the US.

for those campaigning for  waving flag look at the list of songs in nominated in the categories u feel he should be then go ahead and listen to them and read their lyrics then say which one  waving flag ( simple chant song)is better than.

for best rap album it is recovery, because he is  the only one nominated for AOTY, u cant lose in your category then get nominated for  album of the year, this is the surest award that eminem would receive. so far mosst albums nominated in the AOTY category win in their respective genre except they are nominated with another winner from the same genre, for insttance katy perry and lady gaga are nominated in pop ablum and  AOTY , but we know he winner is between the two of them for that genre
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by lakode(m): 5:00am On Dec 04, 2010
Best reggae album Buju Banton , nice to see
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 04, 2010
ladej:

my question is, WHEN WILL THE ROOTS BE RECOGNIZED FOR MORE THAN 16 YEARS OF TOP QUALITY HIP HOP. WHEN? sad

Personally I really don't give a bleep about the ROOTS, too dorky for me. But they have been recognized for their work; remember they won a grammy in 2002 for best rap song or so. . .edging out Puffy/R.Kelly's 'Satisfy You' collabo, and making Puffy to angrily quit the grammy venue along with his then handbag - J.Lo. Remember?
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by IBEXY(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2010
What about Kanye Wests Ritual chant: Power
That video certainly flaunts his alleged freemasonry membership in everyone's face. Kanye's getting one back at all haters with this one
The song is great and is nominated for best rap solo performance. I think the video is spectacular and the "Heee he hor" chant is awesome but
Eminem still is my choice  wink

[table][tr][td] [flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">[/flash]   [/td][td] [flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">[/flash]   [/td] [td] [flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vHrQRTl-g8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">[/flash] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td] [flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2ssT8lzj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">[/flash] [/td][/tr][/table]
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 9:26am On Dec 04, 2010
ochallo:

for AOTY-- arcade fire has been tipped to win,followed closely by lady gaga , eminem is the third most likely here though.
for SOTY- need you now, the house that built me and fucck you all have better chances than slim shady
for ROTY- empire state of mind has been tipped to win.,eminem i the second here

and for those idiots talking about race, when beyonce was nominated last year , u didnt talk about race , must u all act like black people all the days of your lives. eminem uses real meaning words in his raps , no phrasing or slangs, he raps fast and at high pitch, he has real stories to tell, from drugs to bullying to love and all, his melodies are also on point and he had very good production and recovery is the highest selling album of this year in the US.

for those campaigning for waving flag look at the list of songs in nominated in the categories u feel he should be then go ahead and listen to them and read their lyrics then say which one waving flag ( simple chant song)is better than.

for best rap album it is recovery, because he is the only one nominated for AOTY, u cant lose in your category then get nominated for album of the year, this is the surest award that eminem would receive. so far mosst albums nominated in the AOTY category win in their respective genre except they are nominated with another winner from the same genre, for insttance katy perry and lady gaga are nominated in pop ablum and AOTY , but we know he winner is between the two of them for that genre

Why said so is because of how last years how went as predicted!
AOTY went to Taylor Swift's "Fearless",which is undeniably last years best selling album after spending 11 weeks at number 1 and great production as they say.
ROTY went to Kings Of Leon's "Use Somebody", as predicted.
SOTY went to Beyonce's "Single Ladies", very unlike the Grammy's to award such a song SOTY.
The same chane Empire State Of Mind has towards winning SOTY is thesame as Slim Shady's Love The Way You Lie. Both songs made the mark. And also,"Need You Now" is A bigger contender
ROTY is certainly not for Slim shady,cos the Grammy academy wont even go there.
But AOTY,He has every chance to scoop it.
Best Pop Album is Undeniably GaGa or Katy Perry

Well,February 13th,is gonna tell it all and end this misery!
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by blackcypha(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2010
marshall mathers again with 10 nods? wtf?
really is that recovery album as good as blueprint 3 ?HELL NO!
iT "s just over hyping of THAT WHiTE BOY!
EM is good BUT HE F.U.C.King CURSES TOO MUCH on songs and if ur a real HipHop fan u knw dat aint wat rap is all about,
@ eminemkayc and all EMiNEM FANS
you cant even play an EM song for yo mama coz she gon get pissed off for too much CUSSiNG and F" word usage!Then you tell me he is the best rapper alive,
EM cant even stand the poetry of KRS or NAS ,
The moment i realised that he was a RACiST calling he"s galfriend a f.u.cking NiGGA i stopped listening to the asshole1
yeah AND i KNOW U CAN DENY DAT ,BUT iT iS true he said it , Zap EMiNEM!
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2010
marshall mathers again with 10 nods? wtf?
really is that recovery album as good as blueprint 3 ?HELL NO!
iT "s just over hyping of THAT WHiTE BOY!
EM is good BUT HE F.U.C.King CURSES TOO  MUCH on songs and if your a real HipHop fan u knw dat aint wat rap is all about,
@ eminemkayc and all EMiNEM FANS
you cant even play an EM song for yo mama coz she gon get pissed off for too much CUSSiNG and  F" word usage!Then you tell me he is the best rapper alive,
EM cant even stand the poetry of KRS or NAS ,
The moment i realised that he was a RACiST calling he"s galfriend a f.u.cking NiGGA i  stopped listening to the asshole1
yeah AND i KNOW U CAN DENY DAT ,BUT iT iS true he said it , Zap  EMiNEM
well said!!
some people here on NL are even going as far as to name him the best rapper alive shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry

it goes to show u that most peeps dont understand what hiphop rap is,
most peeps are enthralled at his viciousness of rap and the fact that he raps fast!!!
pertaining to the "NO LOVE" track, listen to eminem lyrics, it just had to do with him re-inventing himself, comming back better, outdoing the competition, calling other rappers wack ,

if he is good, take a moment and go through his lyrics and then show me his lyrical prowess (use of words, rhyming and creativity with words),  the guy has a low IQ on that level, YEAH!! QUOTE ME

ASK WHY ILLMATIC BY NAS IS STILL CLASSIFIED AS THE BEST HIPHOPRAP ALBUM EVER ITS HIS CREATIVITY OF WORDS MESHED INTO HIS PERSPECTIVE AT THAT TIME, (as far back as then)
most of his raps were not fast paced, or danceable or commercial, JUST PURE LYRICAL PROWESS ALA INGENUITY,

and then people are comming here to tell me that EMINEM is the best rapper alive,  shocked shocked shocked shocked
THATS AN INSULT!!!

someone also alluded to the fact that eminem killed drake on forever remix!!!! cry cry cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked shocked

DRAKES RAP ON THAT SONG WAS BEYOND REPROACH!!!!
THE DUDE WAS DROPPING PUNCHLINES EVERY 2 BARS!!!
what did eminem offer to that track, except fast paced ordinary rap

its just buttresses my point on the way people listen to rap, (based on vitrol and less on quality)
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by kobikwelu(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2010
when peeps like @jay-z, @kanyewest @nas @lupefiasc, @talibkweli @common rap,

they give u assignment, u go home decipher their rap and then digest,
@kanyewest power track made peeps to think he was a freemason/illuminati member

how SICK is that cool cool cool

it shows artistry,
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by LKRavitz(m): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2010
@kobikwelu i agree with you.kanye is a genius. MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY IS A SICK ALBUM. CANT STOP PLAYING IT. u left out one name tho. j. cole
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by emmabowin(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2010
KOBIKWELU 50 GBOSA FOR YOU JOR.
EMINEM IS GOOD, KANYE WEST BETTER JAY-Z BEST.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by poweredcom(m): 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2010
There's nothing about color here with Eminem. Even on this thread here in NL. He has already got the highest vote. Go through this thread and see for yourself. Check the votes at the top of the thread. He is leading by far.

I hate people dragging everything into racial differences. Check the song everyone is talking about here "No Love". He did it with a black rapper in a black run studio (going by the video) Eminem was found and nurtured by Dr Dre (a real black OG). What the f$%k is all this about white supremacy when his lyrics and beats clearly puts him ahead. Did you listen to the RECOVERY album before coming here to spew genetic differences. Nonsense!

I am not sayin Eminem is a bad MC infact i like his rap and a BIG fan from DAY 1, but the dude keep getting nominated everytime for a grammy , So what about other rappers, have u forgotten the THE US MUSIC INDUSTRY is a white head, that not to say SLIM SHADY is wack? Nope, He is a real MC i mean 10 Nomination WTF? Na only him sell Rap record dis year why na, THink, My NL pple, Rick ross sold na. why was lil wayne not nimonated and other rappers lets be sincers.I am not a fan of Lil wayne oo but every body follow.Other MC also , but this Grammy ple just like dashing him Trophys for the one he deserves and the ones he dont, who cares if Beonce get nominated every time.I am talking abou RAP music, Ok dont tagg my discussion with some sentimental song, Ok, RAP is a vocal music, not a sing along, ok after all, Only Not Afraid worth for a nomination, No Love, is just a remake, of an oldies,

Onle Love to Hiphop,
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by Firebomb: 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2010
@Blackcypha: True Talk Bruv. And A nice poit to back up.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by pkasso(m): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2010
L. KRavitz:

kanye is the best of them all cant wait for my man lupe to drop his album lasers. then y,all gonna know what real hip hop is!
are you nuts or retarded?.don't mean to be hostile but comparing that douchebag(Kanye West) with slim shady is simply outrageous and silly.Kanye West's latest album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is a masterpiece better than the likes of 808 and heartbreak no doubt about that but don't really think it can't usurp eminem's recovery.Drake is a better lyricist so 'where the Bleep is Kanye when you need him'.love that punchline grin.Eminem rules!!.
Re: 53rd Grammy Awards: Nominees by hax: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2010
p_kasso:

are you nuts or not-so-smart?.don't mean to be hostile but comparing that douchebag(Kanye West) with slim shady is simply outrageous and silly.
true. eminem is a better rapper obviously.

Kanye West's latest album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is a masterpiece. . .
true.

better than the likes of 808 and heartbreak no doubt about that. . .
true. . .

but don't really think it can't usurp eminem's recovery.
and this is where you lost the plot. MBDTF is being hailed as a 'classic'. Recovery is being hailed as a 'return to form'. and their last albums were flops (808's and relapse). why's no one calling Recovery a classic? because it's same old eminem, weak punchlines and poor beats. at least MBDTF has better beats, is much more cohesive, and much easier to listen to, even though the rhyming is hardly top-notch.

Drake is a better lyricist
where did drake even come in? and when did he become a good lyricist? smh

Eminem rules!!.
he once did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Ja Rule finally out of the Music Industry? / FULL ALBUM: Tope Alabi – Yes And Amen (mp3 Download) / Ice Prince Ft French Montana - “I Swear” (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.