Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? (650 Views)

Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo) / Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Kholiwe(f): 11:30am On Jan 01, 2020
If the 'Forbidden Fruit' was 'forbidden', why did God keep it in Eden?

If God had the intention of keeping Adam in Eden, why did he keep that stupid fruit there?

Why was a test necessary that was bound to be failed by Adam?

Who is the best one, other than God, to know that Adam is going to fail the test?

If God wanted Adam to be fallen, why didn't He drop Adam on the face of the earth in the first place? Why did He apply the trick? Why was that trick necessary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 01, 2020
Why did man make himself available for disobedience?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Sabby1(m): 11:46am On Jan 01, 2020
hooha:
Lolzz
That's one of man's greatest problem....Neglecting simple instruction
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Kholiwe(f): 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
hooha:
who placed man in the garden?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by ZiriMane(m): 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
Somebody here is trying to become an atheist
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by NairalandDoctor(m): 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
To test the faith of man.

₦airalandDoctor
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by jarrot(m): 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
My sister it never happened. Religion was created when the first con man met the first fool!
I wonder how a God will create his enemy too or how a creature will try to out smart a God.
Religion = SCAM!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Inteltower: 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
and why didn't Adam and eve eat the tree of life ?
it goes to show you we humans get coma for head. like a child you will see fire and go to it
don't blame God blame Adam
after all Satan was closer to God but still made the choice to rebel.
free will bro
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by funbat(m): 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
I thought God is Omni present, he knows every thing, and should know that Adam will disobey and prevent it.

I thought Adam was a perfect human, does a perfect human still fall under temptation??...

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kholiwe:

If God had the intention of keeping Adam in Eden, why did he keep that stupid fruit there?

Who is the best one, other than God, to know that Adam is going to fail the test?

If God wanted Adam to be fallen, why didn't He drop Adam on the face of the earth in the first place? Why did He apply the trick? Why was that trick necessary?

They are not robots, the tree represent God's rule over mankind. And their freewill can only be exercised where there are multiple choices .

Remove the tree and they are programmed robots that have no choices.

Men should have respect the boundaries the creator has set.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
funbat:
I thought God is Omni present, he knows every thing, and should know that Adam will disobey and prevent it.

God doesn't use his power to know to override our freewill , Read Genesis 22:12 , God said ' NOW I KNOW Abraham is God fearing ' meaning he didn't choose to foreknow Abraham's choices.

I thought Adam was a perfect human, does a perfect human still fall under temptation??...

Yes, cos perfect person has freewill. The difference is theirs is deliberate , they are not prone to sinful thoughts like imperfect human , see Luke 22:42 where a perfect man excercised his freewill

cc: Kholiwe
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Kholiwe(f): 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
Inteltower:
and why didn't Adam and eve eat the tree of life ?

it goes to show you we humans get coma for head.
like a child you will see fire and go to it

don't blame God blame Adam

after all Satan was closer to God but still made the choice to rebel.

free will bro

I think, you say nothing to people who don't believe as you do. To me, you say things to justify what you believe in. I mean, why did God created Adam even when he knew Adam would chose sin? why did God says something is sin and why did He created us even when He knows we're to fall in some of them? I have that question also, does God enjoys to send people to hell? If not, why He created us with the capacity to sin?
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Kholiwe(f): 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

They are not robots, the tree represent God's rule over mankind. And their freewill can only be exercised where there are multiple choices .

Remove the tree and they are programmed robots that have no choices.

Men should have respect the boundaries the creator has set.

it is supposed that God knows everything back or forward in time. From the very beginning of a human life, He knows if a person is gonna sin. If I know my little brother is going to take a bad way, I won't tell him: "The choice is yours"; I will take him off from that way,that's a love action not given him a choice.
The kind of love that forces a person to choose you every time is not love... that's a terrible perversion of love. Imagine a father who forced his young child to hug him, or a husband who forced his wife to be intimate with him... what a terrible picture that would be!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kholiwe:

it is supposed that God knows everything back or forward in time. From the very beginning of a human life, He knows if a person is gonna sin. If I know my little brother is going to take a bad way, I won't tell him: "The choice is yours"; I will take him off from that way,that's a love action not given him a choice.
The kind of love that forces a person to choose you every time is not love... that's a terrible perversion of love. Imagine a father who forced his young child to hug him, or a husband who forced his wife to be intimate with him... what a terrible picture that would be!

Now that is where u get it wrong.

I will give you two instances in the Bible that reveal the bolded is wrong

1. Genesis 22:12 , if God already knows Abraham will be faithful , why did he say after Abraham passed that ' NOW I KNOW you are Good fearing? '

2. Jeremiah 26:2,3 he sent Jeremiah to people of isreal but addss ' PERHAPS/MAYBE they will listen ' ? What does that indicate ?

The point is clear, God doesn't choose to foreknow our choices when it comes to right and wrong

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Inteltower: 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kholiwe:

I think, you say nothing to people who don't believe as you do. To me, you say things to justify what you believe in. I mean, why did God created Adam even when he knew Adam would chose sin? why did God says something is sin and why did He created us even when He knows we're to fall in some of them? I have that question also, does God enjoys to send people to hell? If not, why He created us with the capacity to sin?

what is sin to you ?

put yourself in the shoes of an engineer that made a robot and give It free will

even without forbidden fruit Satan sinned (note that down)

and do u acknowledge that for everything positive there is a negative (opposite of realities)

u think sin just appeared or was created.
stop fooling urself

and if you were a God that was all knowing

first won't u test the loyalty of a creation u gave free will

secondly won't you as an inventor have a manual guiding what u made and would u be so ignorant to say that there aren't consequences if not followed

didn't he test all those he worked with in the Bible ?

isn't he God ?

to you as an engineer do you throwing away a defunct creation ? answer that urself

ur ignore the facts above and spit trash with arrogance thinking u can deceive people

repent

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by GreetMe(m): 4:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
jarrot:
My sister it never happened. Religion was created when the first con man met the first fool!
I wonder how a God will create his enemy too or how a creature will try to out smart a God.
Religion = SCAM!

Just stop it! grin

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Masking: 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
A
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Kholiwe(f): 5:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
jarrot:
Religion = SCAM!
Facts only. Everything just looks like a mad up story
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by funbat(m): 6:19am On Jan 04, 2020
CAPTIVATOR:

God doesn't use his power to know to override our freewill , Read Genesis 22:12 , God said ' NOW I KNOW Abraham is God fearing ' meaning he didn't choose to foreknow Abraham's choices.

Yes, cos perfect person has freewill. The difference is theirs is deliberate , they are not prone to sinful thoughts like imperfect human , see Luke 22:42 where a perfect man excercised his freewill

cc: Kholiwe

but Adams decision was a sinful thought nah.
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by frank317: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2020
Kholiwe:

And u would even wonder why everything God tried to do resulted in failure.

Project angel - his own creatures had to fight him for nothing. His so called loving lucifer started a war to fight him. What was lucifer expecting? To win? How foolish was that? Yet he was able to convince 2/3rd of angels. God must be doing something terribly wrong for lucifer to achieve this feat. FAILED PROJECT.

Project man - let's create man in our own image. So God created man in his image, I mean, almost like him. He loved them and wanted to have a peaceful relationship with them. This is one of the Bible God's problem. Always wanting things without getting them. In his foolishness he planted the fruit of good and evil knowing that man will fail and became sad and angry when man failed. If God cannot achieve his desire of a perfect world, what do u expect of this world.
FAILED PROJECT.

Project Noah - After sin has eaten deep into the world God created perfectly, the sad God got angry and decided to purge the world of sin. He picked out 8 people, this is God's own selection. A huge project that involved building of a mighty ark, gathering of food and selection of thousands of animals. Then God drowned everyone, kids, women, pregnant women and after 40 days, everyone was gone except the 8 people he selected... Guess what, these 8 people continued with the same sin God destroyed the world for... What exactly was the reason for this project.
FAILED PROJECT.

Project Jesus - after so many trial and errors that yielded nothing, God decided to come himself to save mankind. Infact he had to sacrifice himself so that man may be saved. Then the world had a once in a life time to experience God on earth. He brought nothing new, instead he brought the message of hell and was doing magic up and down. He didn't bring technology, no health message, he even preached to 5000 people and never thought it was necessary to invent microphone. He wanted to reach the whole world and God didn't invent phone or radio, instead he was trekking up and down and using donkey and horses. He saved no one and today, millions are trooping u to hell.
FAILED PROJECT.

conclusion, Christian God is a failure and he is just egoistic, proud and petty. He can't get his priorities right and for once in his life use his brain. Demanding worship and praises like a needy child and his Incompetency is seen when u just sit down to evaluate his works.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Babacele: 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
Moses brought the story of creation from Egypt where similar myths had been existing hundreds of years long the advent of Christianity . It is an attempt to explain the realities man helplessly find himself on earth. reading between the lines, you would see that nobody was there when it happened. Second where were the tribe from which Cain married for example ? The Genesis story has far deeper meaning only a person deep in christian esotericsm can understand. For example[b] if you ask around for the meaning of Genesis 5:2 God created man and woman and blessed them, and called them Man from the start[/b], you could have as well looked for trouble. But , of course the lessons of the story of creation far outweigh its myths .
Kholiwe:

Facts only. Everything just looks like a mad up story
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by fortunez1(m): 11:13pm On May 09, 2023
Hmm
Re: Why Did God Make The "Forbidden Fruit" Available In Eden? by Maynman: 3:50am On May 10, 2023
CAPTIVATOR:

Why is he sending sinners to hell then if he doesn’t use his powers to override freewills?

So he didn’t know abraham choices, that means he is not all knowing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Download All Koinonia Messages / Sermon By Apostle Joshua Selman / TB Joshua Releases Fresh Prophecy For Nigeria / Who Would Like To Have A Discussion Over A Video Chat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.