Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele (2017 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Directs Level 12 Civil Servants, Others To Resume / Buhari Appoints Junaid Abdullahi, His Son-In-Law As Head Of Border Agency / EXCLUSIVE: Buhari To Vie For ECOWAS Chairmanship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by ivandragon: 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari approved a mid-level public official to head a crucial electrification agency, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.

Perhaps to conceal the fact that the appointment would be questioned by Nigerians, the appointee was described in a public press statement as an expert with “vast knowledge and experience in power sector development.”

A spokesperson announced Tuesday that the president approved the appointment of Ahmad Salihijo Ahmad as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Rural Electrification Agency.

Aaron Artimas, the Special Adviser on Media and Communication to the Minister of Power, made details of the appointment known in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.

The statement said that Mr Ahmad is a renewable energy expert who holds two master’s degrees in development studies and project planning. He is also said to have “vast knowledge and experience in power sector development.”

PREMIUM TIMES’ check revealed, however, that Mr Ahmad is a level 12 public official and the son of Salihijo Mohammed Ahmed, a former managing director of Afri-Project Consortium. Mr Salihijo was a major project consultant to the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) and he died on July 7, 1999.

The late Mr Salihijo died of heart attack at Impresit Hospital, Abuja.

While alive, he was a strong ally of Mr Buhari, who was then the Chairman of PTF.

Mr Buhari was appointed to head the PTF by the late military head of state, Sani Abacha.

Appointment
On Tuesday, the statement announcing the appointment of Mr Ahmad said he has “vast experience in the power sector development” (sic).

But insiders who spoke to PREMIUM TIMES disputed the claim.

Details seen by this newspaper showed that Mr Ahmad graduated in 2006 with BSC Electronic Engineering. After graduation, he served the mandatory National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, in 2007 and was employed in 2008 at the infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) where Mansur Ahmed, one-time Chairman of the Nigeria Economic Summit Group, NESG, headed.

Mr (Mansur) Ahmed is said to be one of the new appointee’s uncles.

In 2010, while at ICRC, there was a directive that the employment grade of Mr (Salihijo) Ahmad and a few others should be adjusted. Subsequently, his position was adjusted to Grade Level 9 Step 2, according to internal correspondence seen by PREMIUM TIMES.

At the end of his time at ICRC, he was posted on secondment as a personal assistant to a minister. His last known appointment was on Grade Level 12, PREMIUM TIMES gathered.

Insiders say contrary to the “vast experience” the new MD purportedly has in the power sector, the best experience for which his appointment was based is his status as the son of a man who was a former ally of Mr Buhari at the PTF.

Nepotistic appointment?
The new appointment yet again raises questions about Mr Buhari’s penchant for appointing people into positions of authority not necessarily based on track records of excellence but personal relationships and nepotistic considerations.

Since it came into power in 2015, the Buhari-led government has been charged with several allegations of nepotism in the appointment of public officials and other key governmental decisions.

In November 2018, PREMIUM TIMES reported how Mr Buhari approved the appointment of his son-in-law, Junaid Abdullahi, as Executive Secretary at the Border Communities Development Agency (BDCA).

His appointment took effect from September 22 for an initial period of four years.

PREMIUM TIMES first reported on November 5 that Mr Abdullahi, a retired airline pilot, had been quietly appointed head of the border agency. He was married to Zulaihat, the president’s first daughter, who passed on in November 2012 aged 40.

On Tuesday, the latest appointment raised questions about the president’s record of appointing officials based on other considerations apart from competence and experience.

Officials React
When contacted, the newly appointed MD, Mr Ahmad, did not respond to PREMIUM TIMES’ request to speak with him on the issue. When this newspaper called his known telephone number Wednesday morning, he did not respond. He has also not responded to multiple text messages sent to him as at the time of filing this report Wednesday afternoon.

When contacted on why the president made such appointment, Mr Buhari’s spokesperson, Garba Shehu, advised our reporter to contact either the Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, or the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha.

“My advice is that the lresident must not be the news source of first instance. It is either you get in touch with the Minister of Power who oversees the affairs of the agency and may have made the recommendation to the president for the appointment, or the SGF, who may have issued the appointment,” Mr Shehu said.

Mr Shehu later called back to request for some time to get across to the Minister of Power for his side of the story.

Separate calls and messages sent to the minister of power were not answered.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/370749-exclusive-buhari-appoints-level-12-officer-son-of-late-ally-as-head-rural-electrification-agency.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by ivandragon: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
Nepotism is bad enough, but mixing it with incompetence in such sensitive position is a recipe for disaster...

6 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by referandum(m): 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
Boy wey no know difference between eletric and electricute. Buhari have finished us. I just wonder what Buhari supporters will say.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
He can appoint whosoever he wishes is capable. This news was written to tarnish the good image of Mr. President

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by APCNig: 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2020
Please what level was Chidoka Osita before he was made head of FRSC by PDP? It was just about 10 years after the idiot did his NYSC. He graduated in 1995, by 1998 he was already Secretary in the Transport Ministry. Few years after, he wsd named Minister if Transport by Goatluck Jonathan. No wonder he could not add votes numbers during the election result collation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by adolfHitler1934: 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
Nepotism is part of Nigeria politics. This is one of the core reasons why we can not move an inch in terms of progress in this contraption called Nigeria.

Tribe,religion,region etc is our problem.

WW2.......the mother of all wars is about to start. Behold the new world order will soon emerge. The UN will soon be formed. A certain man will rise and lead his people to war that will change the balance of power.

Brace up for impact.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by kapelvej: 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
tke dullard, never disaapoint

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by agbangam: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
Rem22:
He can appoint whosoever he wishes is capable. This news was written to tarnish the good image of Mr. President

Which image are u talking about, no be the same image raise Gandollar hand during 2019 election Rubbish nepotistic human being.

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
I wonder why u guys are crying cheesy
Are u not the one who said he is Mr integrity?
That he is very unbiased and a statesman?

Ride on Mr president!
More coming kiss

5 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by doctokwus: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
The bigot doesn't care because he has a clear agenda to Islamize and fulanically ethnicize Nigeria.
Numerous reports have been published about his bigotry and gargantuan corruption in his family and goverment.Has it changed his bigotry,clannishness and support of the utterly corrupt,once they are associates of his?No.

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by AerialMapper: 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
You people don’t know what is going on! This guy worked in the Federal Ministry of Environment. How did he get there... I will show you how Nepotism and the cabal holds this country

He was employed there by virtue of Amina Mohammed being minister of environment. Recall she held the position before going to the UN.

What’s the connection? Amina Mohammed, El Rufai and Salhijo senior were all consultants in the Afri Projects Consortium that controlled PTF. In fact, she founded Afri Projects.

All you stupid youth shouting change! You are all pawns!! The real players are being groomed for big positions and you are selling suya and forming patriot

9 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by GamalNasser: 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
Even his late daughters husband is participating in the largese..Nobody living or dead is as corrupt as Buhari

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by chozzy: 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
Can you imagine?

How then is Nigeria expected to move
forward with several square pegs in round holes?

I tell people that Buhari's only priority is to settle all the people around
him with juicy appointments and contracts no matter how poorly qualified.

Buhari is not interested in growing Nigeria

It's very sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by mushystuff: 6:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
Rem22:

Whoever he wishes is capable? In other words, it doesn't matter if such appointee is actually capable but the President's wish overrides any other consideration? Na this nonsense body language arrangement una use start after 2015 election o! Yet see Nigeria today...rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
Bubu matter dis days tire me sad

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by itsme01: 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
playing ethnic nonsense and nepotism with power is just plane stupidity... the power sharing formular that we enjoyed under Fashola is gone, and now you cant even predict when you would have power or relly on Power Ministry twitter handle for explanation

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by McTobe(m): 7:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
Make una leave this Buhari alone abeg make him do him own comot. It’s not as if the man appointed has a forged Certificate. Which rule says that The President should appoint only a Water Engr abi Hydroelectric Engr to That body. The last time I checked Most People that studied abstract courses have performed better as politicians than Political scientists and lawyers with PhD. Not like na d man go dey field dey do d work. No one should mention me o, I no get strength for argument abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by budaatum: 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
referandum:
Boy wey no know difference between eletric and electricute. Buhari have finished us. I just wonder what Buhari supporters will say.
I would say my bubu does not go about apointing people for every post so go and ask query "either the Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, or the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha". This report would have been complete if they had bothered.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by referandum(m): 4:17am On Jan 02, 2020
budaatum:

I would say my bubu does not go about apointing people for every post so go and ask query "either the Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, or the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha". This report would have been complete if they had bothered.
But I believe that some way somehow. The document and credentials must have gone through his office.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by budaatum: 5:29am On Jan 02, 2020
referandum:

But I believe that some way somehow. The document and credentials must have gone through his office.
Not necessarily. If you think of the number of people above this person, bubu and his office would have to be checking credentials and documents of close to 10000 people, and I doubt he'd have the time or the interest to do that.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by RZArecta(m): 5:32am On Jan 02, 2020
Google Afriprojects and 25 billion naira PTF scam and una go tire for the Daura dûllard and his corrupt tendencies. An îdiot brought up Chidoka on this thread, the main escape route of APC zombies anytime their lord and master Muhammadu Buhari fûcks up (som
Even he does regularly) is to whip up tribal bigotry sentiments against the igbos but I want to ask, didn’t Nigerians vote for change ? Does the fact that the PDP did something bad/wrong also mean that the APC should continue in such footsteps ? I don’t expect any tangible answers sha, APC zombies are too dense upstairs to say anything sensible

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by Bossontop(m): 7:49am On Jan 02, 2020
undecided
Well ladies and gentlemen......d general has done it again!!!

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by APCNig: 7:55am On Jan 02, 2020
What level was FFK before Obasanjo appointed him as Minister for Culture and Tourism and later Minister for Aviation? Does anyone here knows where FFK has worked before he was appointed Minister?

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by referandum(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2020
budaatum:

Not necessarily. If you think of the number of people above this person, bubu and his office would have to be checking credentials and documents of close to 10000 people, and I doubt he'd have the time or the interest to do that.
You have a piont. I feel this one is kinda suspecious since, Buhari and the apiontee's father worked in PTDF, and may have had a good working relationship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by CharleyBright(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2020
Ok.
It is Buhari's way. The tribal and Nepotistic Warlord.
All the positions can go to the Northerners and my mumu Southern hailers of Buhari's will still hail him on..
The CBN Governor - Emefiele and the Chief of Naval Staff will be replaced this year by a Northerners by hook or crook.
Governor of the North, by the North and for the North.

The Middle belt states are the biggest .challenge..
They align with the core North against the South when it suits them, and they want to align with the South when the North treat them like slaves.
The North only cares for Northern interests.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Appoints Level 12 Officer, Son Of Late Ally, As Head Rural Ele by lereinter(m): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2020
Can Satan repent

Pharoah still chased after the Israelites

But lastly he was destroyed

buhari can't escape judgement

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: APC Reacts To Governor Wike’s Broadcast / Nnamdi Kanu's Comment On Abba Kyari's Death / 38 New COVID-19 Cases In Nigeria. Total of 665 cases. 22 deaths. 188 discharged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.