Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,754 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF (22558 Views)

Abuja Law School Student Slumps And Dies On New Year’s Day (Photos) / UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria / Over 20,200 Babies Born In Nigeria On New Year Day- UNICEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Fourwinds: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2020
Nmezor:
Bang u say? I be banger ni?
confirmed... You sabi am well well... But take am easy because of population oooo
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Nmezor(f): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2020
Fourwinds:
confirmed... You sabi am well well... But take am easy because of population oooo
Fourwinds pls carry ur 4 winds n go... Enough of the mention abeg... Pack one side
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 02, 2020
i've said this severally, I dont know why the Government is not concentrating on controlling our population, which resources are we going to manage this population in future.
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by culf: 11:58am On Jan 02, 2020
post=85426318:
Wow!
Welcome to this beautiful world beautiful Angels.
the best comment on this thread. God bless you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by KlassikBlack(m): 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
Chai... only yesterday?? Our lawmakers need to do something about this skyrocketing population..

1 Like

Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
culf:

the best comment on this thread. God bless you
A very Big Amen.
God bless you too sir.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by SOFTENGR: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Fisher007:
Aaaa you see lack of proper education
(School, financial, marital, child planning
and mental education) leads to this .

Nigerians don't plan. We just live mostly in the moment. Most of our parent did the same, no planning, just gave birth and then expect God to help raise the child.

They transmitted the same societal norm values to the us.

Finish school - marry - have children.

They never told you the responsibilities that comes in play after all this stupid norms. They didn't plan their own why should you plan yours. Put him/her in the mess, he/she will figure it out.

Some youths dont even think for themselves. They just follow the trend and start complaining life is hard. Afterall they put themselves in the same mess.

If you like listen to Marlians, tiwa, davido and co. Then get pregnant and born, life is coming for you.

I don talk my own.
This is the most responsible post I've found on this thread.
You need to see the way my uncles and aunts are disturbing my brother to have a child when they know quite well we haven't secured a job for him, talk less of planning to train a child.

1 Like

Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by luluosas(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nigeria is headed for a doom if birth control practices is not implemented immediately. This is damning
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Billion2612(m): 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
How many people died? let do the mathematics
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Lexusgs430: 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
In the next 10 years, Nigeria's population would be hitting 400,000,000 +........

Our infrastructure is non existent, industries are not created, cost of oil might become $5 a barrel, majority of our crude consumers, would be using alternatives, religious houses would multiply etc etc

The future is indeed red........ Brace for impact.........
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by bluecircle470: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
iyatrustee:
What about those who gave birth using traditional births attendants who are unrecorded? Add another 2,000 to that list to reflect a more realistic number.

That said, the goverment need to control the number of kids a family can have, imagine adding 26k to our population even with our lack of basic amenities!

You actually don’t know the meaning of estimated... shocked
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by culf: 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
post=85433352:
A very Big Amen. God bless you too sir.

Amen.
Thank you
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Fisher007: 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
SOFTENGR:

This is the most responsible post I've found on this thread.
You need to see the way my uncles and aunts are disturbing my brother to have a child when they know quite well we haven't secured a job for him, talk less of planning to train a child.

My brother it is a painful thing most people experience it. The luck we have now is that we are aware and awoke.

Tell your brother not to fall into that trap of everything will get well after marriage. Na scam. Imagine a Rat race with children you can't fend for plus a nagging wife. Na hypertension go follow.

Plan well my guy. Make people no go dey use your story as negative example. Simple
Keep and remain smart.

1 Like

Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Boomboost(m): 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
logon599:
Thank you Lord for 26,000 new blessings in one day. Regardless of race, ethnicity or background, every newborn is a gift from God and arrives with a clean slate. How the parents and environment trains up the child then determines what and what that child's slate is filled up with.
Parents, train up your child in the way they should live. This is your God given responsibility and you'll be held accountable for them at the end of time.

Thank you

Babies don't stay cute and innocent forever. Parental upbringing doesn't really impact behavior in adolescent and adult age, we have marlians, yahoo-boys, slay queens as proof. Also, God doesn't directly give children, He gives capacity to have children, that's why barren people exist.
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
You all be acting like Nigeria population is the problem, even though that population is what’s still helping our economy

There are other countries with lower populations compared to us but their economy can’t stand ours

Please didn’t mention any European country
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Emmanuella3(f): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
[s]
post=85433352:

A very Big Amen.
God bless you too sir.
[/s]
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by corvoca86: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Damscodammy1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
I believe ona oo, sha be na the one way ona see ona count ��
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by obiem(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
Damn!

Our population is really skyrocketing and it spells doom!

Honestly pure doom! Especially owing to the fact that there is no plan to cater for this massive populace
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by okrikaboi: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
So we dey fuq like this for naija chai so many hypocrites everywhere grin
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Sagay212: 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
The economy is bad, the economy is bad but people are phucking and giving birth anyhow.

Imagine if there was HIV, or any sexually transmitted disease, space for no dey for anybody for nigeria again. We go just dey born like goat con dey complain say things hard.
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Tats(m): 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
29,039 X 365 = 10,599,235 children.

Estimated at over 10 million in a year.

What things have been put in place or infrastructure built to take care of all?
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by rummmy: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
26.039 in one day.
30 days =781,110.
12 months=9,374,040 new human beings.
With a very poor,under developed system.
Does it mean that about 10m people need to die for the system to remain in equilibrium?
Don't back to the sender me oooo
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Finger20: 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
Thomas Malthus' lesson on population explosion is still far away from us.

Anyway, why am l troubling myself unnecesarily instead of channeling & engaging my time more resourcefully? Keep marrying indiscriminately & giving birthday inordinately. You know what? God will provide, l mean divine providence is sure. Arrant nonsense.

A génération destitute of common sensé - thé arational hinge commitments of religious beliefs & tenets say no to contraceptives, sex éducation, & 'damage control' under no circumstance.

Keep on thé norms, culture & religion!
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by deboakins(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
This figure you gave not correct, because you did not take into consideration children born in private hospitals and traditional birth attendants (TBA) all over the country.
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by logon599: 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
Boomboost:

Babies don't stay cute and innocent forever. Parental upbringing doesn't really impact behavior in adolescent and adult age, we have marlians, yahoo-boys, slay queens as proof. Also, God doesn't directly give children, He gives capacity to have children, that's why barren people exist.

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he's old he will not depart from it. This is the word of God and we're not wiser than God. So if you spend time teaching your kids right, trust me, they may misbehave here and there when growing, but those seeds you've sown in them will keep them from wasting away their lives in the long run.

For your second, the Bible also says that Every good and perfect gift comes from God. Children are a gift and they come from God. If you still think sexual intercourse is all it takes to have children, then you should know the barren people you mentioned also have sex and they can be both ok yet nothing happens.
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by alezzy13: 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
sacx:
I saw this exact figure early yeaterday morning. How come at the end of the day the numbers still haven't changed?

You know what 'estimate' means, right?
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by alezzy13: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
IpobAntidote:
Over population is one of the biggest problems in this country that most are not even talking about.
The rate of exponential population explosion is thr biggest reason why most are in poverty.
The economy is growing at 2 percent while population is growing at 6 to 7 percent. That's a receipe for disaster.
Religious considerations, societal norms, laziness, too much emphasis on enjoyment and sex are some of the reasons for the explosion.
Until we can control the rate of population growth or increase economic growth to 8 to 9 percent(almost impossible) poverty rate will keep climbing.

It is shocking that the leaders are not taking a more decisive action.

It was Gov Yari who described it as a sitting time bomb. Even PMB has voiced concern. But beyond rhetorics we've not seen much in action.

Population growth is not bad per say, but in our case it's heavily skewed to a particular segment which exposes inconvenient fact we try to ignore: too many poor people giving birth to too many children

They just seem to be churning out babies without the foggiest idea or plan for thier future, and such we are getting poorer and poorer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by ForbesHomesNG(m): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
sacx:
I saw this exact figure early yeaterday morning. How come at the end of the day the numbers still haven't changed?
It was am estimated projection by unicef any I believe thwlis based on only documented past births that excludes the several unrecorded ones. The figures will likely double this considering all that.
Re: 26,039 Babies Born On New Year Day In Nigeria – UNICEF by Dre183(m): 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
planetx:
And you think life is a bed of roses in other parts of the world? What about countries with falling population, they can't even have children to replace their aging population.
At least those with falling population will enjoy their resources, unlike naija where our resources is been enjoyed by the Veto power cabal's...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 17 Italians In India Test Positive / Nigeria May Record 700,000 Unwanted Pregnancies In 2023- UNDP / NMA Strike Suspended?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.