Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

My Aunt Owes Me Some Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Aunt Owes Me Some Money (1092 Views)

How I Nearly Killed My Aunt Last Christmas / Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Please Help!!! My Aunt Is Becoming A Prostitute In Her Husband House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by okgerald(m): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2010
My dad's elder sister borrowed 500,000 from last year and she is supposed to pay bac since november last year but till now nothing. She used to persuade me whenever she sees me before but now she does not even mention it again. I used to send her text messages but she doesnt reply. Now am thinking of calling her, even if i can get half of the money
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by Woke4all(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2010
So what can Nairaland do for you?
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 02, 2010
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by okgerald(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2010
Thanks

I have never called her to ask for the money. I really need it now. Is it adviceable to call her for the money?
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by Woke4all(m): 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2010
^^
sure
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by ifyalways(f): 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2010
Woke4all:

So what can Nairaland do for you?
Call the OP a fool or curse the aunt for him.
chaircover:

One very important lesson in Life. Do not lend people money you cannot afford to loose.

So True!
@Topic,Man up and ask her for you money.If shes does not give u any posistive feedback inform ur dad and her kids?
what did she use the money for?biz or owambe?
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by tpia1: 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2010
she probably doesnt have the money or she'd have paid you back.

just go with what chaircover said because this looks like it will get nasty.

One very important lesson in Life. Do not lend people money you cannot afford to loose.

And another important lesson to remember is that money brings out the worst attitude in people

500,000 is a huge amount sha.
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by worry246(m): 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2010
Does she think that you can afford to loose the money?
Do not let her get away with it.
Go to her place and sell her things in market to recover money.
Make her work till all is paid back.
Money is more important than blood.
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by iice(f): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2010
chaircover:

And another important lesson to remember is that money brings out the worst attitude in people.

Ding ding ding
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by plappville(f): 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2010
worry246:

Does she think that you can afford to loose the money?
Do not let her get away with it.
Go to her place and sell her things in market to recover money.
Make her work till all is paid back.
Money is more important than blood.

shocked shocked shocked, take it easy. poster should go to meet her face to face and asked her politely, if she refuses giving bk ur money then becareful, this may not end well. Money matter lipsrsealed
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by worry246(m): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2010
Interesting all girl posters say it is ok for this female aunt to steal mans money.
Men must stick up for themselvs not be under womwns thumb. embarassed
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by rubi(f): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2010
There is this saying "if it is not on paper the it did not happen" If there is no written document as evidence signed and sealed that you gave her money then forget it you have no case

Next time you want to borrow money to someone make it pure business no sentiment attached.

The sweet tongue people use to borrow money changes when it is pay back time. Olu ejiri gbaziri ego abughi olu eji akwu
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by okgerald(m): 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2010
i think i have to call her and ask for the money. i have also been thinking of talking to her daughters about it. she told me she wants to use the money for business and refund in due course which was 2 months after the borrowing happened. She still has her business running.
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by plappville(f): 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2010
She still has her business running.

Then she should pay back her debt PERIOD!
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by Damysa(f): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2010
Like madam CC said money brings the worst attitude in people and just the lesseon I just learnt.

Recently I borrowed two people money, one my immediate elder sister, the other my colleague.
It was such a bad experience that I swore never to borrow anyone money that I cannot afford to loose. The worst of all is that the money was kept in my custody for a certain project by some people who  trusted me. My sister and colleague knew it wasn't my money and they promised to return it back at an agreed date. months after they were still telling stories and the owners started pestering me. It got to a point we engaged in hot words and the people got to know what happened, they were very upset and gave them ultimatum to pay. Eventually they paid up but started keeping malice with me. I really do not give a hoot since they have paid.

@Poster I will advice u call her first but be sure u might not get positive response even if she promises to pay, then meet with her physically and ask 4 your money. If no response, tell her grown up children, then your dad. if she still refuses to pay then u have to engage her in some actions like I did to recover your money otherwise just forefit it.

November last year till now is a long time, u must be the quiet type shah.
Re: My Aunt Owes Me Some Money by okgerald(m): 6:57am On Dec 05, 2010
Thanks. i have started taking some steps which are not drastic and am sure should produce results. i think i have kept quiet for so long and it seems that she thinks i dont need the money. I am not keeping quiet anymore because things are not as rosy as they used to be. At least i should get half if not all before the year runs out.

(1) (Reply)

How To Battle Anger With Loved Ones? / How Do I Recover My Burnt Documents. / Is Your Marriage/relationship Shaken Or Seriously Threaten By Infidelity? Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.