Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

See The Real History Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Real History Of Nigeria (947 Views)

What Is The Real History Of Lagos State / WW2 Real History : Eisenhower's Death Camps / Buhari Has History Of Bringing Looted Funds To Nigeria – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Real History Of Nigeria by Hfavored: 12:41am On Jan 02, 2020
TODAY IN HISTORY(JANUARY 1ST 1900)
The Royal Niger Company sold its territories(Southern Nigeria)to the British Government for the sum of £865,000. The British government later amalgamated the North and South together and made it a country in 1914.
Nigeria ACTUALLY started as business entity of the Royal Niger Company and was later bought by the British government which was reformed as an administrative entity for economic gains. Our background as a country didn't start with any form of patriotism or togetherness. We were just forcefully brought together by the British for business and economic gain.
Nigeria was never really a nation but a deal between a company and another country in 1899. Chaiiii. I've heard this before, I thought it was joke until I just did a research and found out that it is TRUE! Could this be the reason why they refuse to history in Nigerian Schools?
https://africasacountry.com/2014/04/historyclass-who-sold-nigeria-to-the-british-for-865k-in-1899

1 Like

Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by Hfavored: 12:42am On Jan 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by IduNaOba: 2:51am On Jan 02, 2020
If I post stuff about naija here ehn...
Anyways... My focus is on other things..
Ya gazie
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by IduNaOba: 2:56am On Jan 02, 2020
Good luck finding those books

Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by IduNaOba: 3:00am On Jan 02, 2020
When many young and old Nigerians come out to insult igbos I laugh out loud.
What do they know?
What records do they have?
That igbos are still here is because of the older generation.
What alot of young igbos know about Nigeria today is not online.
You see those books I posted there...
Check the press
The archives from where they came from has a thousand more.
Its funny but even an igbo child born today knows and feels it in his spirit that naija is pure fraud.
I am indifferent about emotional sentiments.
But if I should decide to make posts about naija...
Even the most patriotic will be fed up.
Op it's like you just woke up Sha
Good morning o
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 02, 2020
And who told you this story is true
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by Hfavored: 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Rem22:
And who told you this story is true
Afonja, go and make research dont be too lazy, you see while Igbos are better than you, they are not lazy both intellectually
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by Hfavored: 10:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
IduNaOba:
What do they know?
Check the press
Its funny but even an igbo child born today knows and feels it in his spirit that naija is pure fraud.
Good morning o
My brother this is serious, i think break up is the only answer
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by Hfavored: 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
IduNaOba:
Good luck finding those books
bbro, do you have the soft copies?
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by JonDon12: 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
IduNaOba:
What do they know?
Check the press
Good morning o

Nwoke, i na-ekwu eziokwu. U speak the truth. I learnt so much from my elders and I am still learning a lot about Nigeria. Most other tribes do not even know about their history, talk less of Nigerian history as a whole. Yet they still shout one Nigeria. The stories I heard from the old timers are not even in the books. The Ibos were instrumental in the formation of Nigeria. They were the early administrators, the early clergy, the early businessmen. I am not trying to chest beat but when the Ibo say that Nigeria is not structurally sound, other tribes castigate us but the proof is in the pudding. What has nigeria achieved in 60 years of Independence and 106 Years of Amalgamation? Nothing. Only made British , Dutch and AMerican Oil companies a lot of money and French and Swiss Bankers Rich.
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by IduNaOba: 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hfavored:

bbro, do you have the soft copies?
Those books soft copies are EXPENSIVE o
Except you can shell out money to buy them.
As you can see... No be small pikin books.
I spend 20k on a single book.
Going back to school 2021 just to study igbo
I want to do threads talking about deep Igbo philosophies but laziness no gree me.
I am doing nysc and doing another program in the university which will finish this year plus studying Chinese.
Funny enough I no be book worm.
Its ust for future one or two.
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by IduNaOba: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hfavored:

My brother this is serious, i think break up is the only answer
Yes it is.
But Nigeria will have to beg the igbos to go.
Just relax and watch events unfold.
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by IduNaOba: 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
JonDon12:

Nwoke, i na-ekwu eziokwu. U speak the truth. I learnt so much from my elders and I am still learning a lot about Nigeria. Most other tribes do not even know about their history, talk less of Nigerian history as a whole. Yet they still shout one Nigeria. The stories I heard from the old timers are not even in the books. The Ibos were instrumental in the formation of Nigeria. They were the early administrators, the early clergy, the early businessmen. I am not trying to chest beat but when the Ibo say that Nigeria is not structurally sound, other tribes castigate us but the proof is in the pudding. What has nigeria achieved in 60 years of Independence and 106 Years of Amalgamation? Nothing. Only made British , Dutch and AMerican Oil companies a lot of money and French and Swiss Bankers Rich.
We are working on a book and podcast titled
Onye Agwara kwe and the last Diba respectively.
Igbo is rising nwanne.
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by WhoRUDeceiving: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2020
Nigeria is the Niger Area. Always was and always shall be. That is why the leader must have military background, even in a democracy, and does not have to answer to the people.

See Buhari, for 2 years, no single live press interview to media, no downhill meetings, nothing.....yet the people busy dancing to the latest song with the latest steps like animals and then complain about this and that.

Its a pity. We know what the needful is but are too afraid to do it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPEiTzkSo6w
Re: See The Real History Of Nigeria by Hfavored: 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
IduNaOba:

Those books soft copies are EXPENSIVE o
Except you can shell out money to buy them.
As you can see... No be small pikin books.
I spend 20k on a single book.
Going back to school 2021 just to study igbo
I want to do threads talking about deep Igbo philosophies but laziness no gree me.
I am doing nysc and doing another program in the university which will finish this year plus studying Chinese.
Funny enough I no be book worm.
Its ust for future one or two.
ok

(1) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma And Emeka Ihedioha Laughing Together (video) / Why Northern Emirs Like VP Osinbajo / Court Sentence Man To Death By Hanging For Phone Theft In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.