Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Buhari Recieves Oluwo Of Iwo Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Recieves Oluwo Of Iwo Message (433 Views)

Photo: President Buhari Recieves First Briefing From VP Osinbajo / Buhari Recieves Letters Of Credence From Ambassadors Of Thailand And Others. / President Buhari Recieves Letter Of Credence From Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Recieves Oluwo Of Iwo Message by efefemi: 8:41am On Jan 02, 2020
The Oluwo of Iwo in Osun State, Oba AbdulRasheed Akanbi, has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to site one of the six newly approved Federal Colleges of Education in Iwo.

The Yoruba monarch lamented that his town had, over the years, been marginalised in terms of federal presence.

Oluwo, in a statement he personally signed on Wednesday, urged Buhari to correct the wrong motive by locating a Federal College of Education in Iwo.

The statement read: “As at 1931, Iwo was the fifth largest town in Nigeria behind Ibadan, Kano, Lagos and Ogbomoso. All the others had reaped the benefits of their sizes with infrastructural facilities.

“Regrettably, despite the fact that Iwo is the most populous local government in Osun State, there is no federal institution in the town; a situation which has robbed the town of expected growth among the four named towns.

“It is disheartening watching those towns which were ranked alongside Iwo becoming mega cities with up-to-date amenities provided by the federal and state governments.

“I am not holding it against President Buhari’s administration of just five years. But I am now calling on him to use his good office to site the proposed Federal College of Education here in my town.

“We have land and all other resources that would be needed to ensure the school takes off at the right time.”

https://efefemisblog.com.ng/2020/01/02/buhari-recieves-oluwo-of-iwo-message/

Re: Buhari Recieves Oluwo Of Iwo Message by UMDGee(m): 8:42am On Jan 02, 2020
Happy new year guys. Abeg any G men in the house staying in Lagos? Please help a brother something lead to something na so I take remain homeless and toolless ooo. Not even a lapi or good phone nothing nothing. Abeg a brother need small help for accommodation anywhere in Lagos, Ibadan or ABK I go come abeg�� I just want to restart hustling from the bottom again make I see if God will pick my call once more. I know so many G paying jobs but no tools no accommodation to even hide my head. Abeg any sure OG willing to help me pls message me your contact info at wisdom_monday@yahoo.com make we stay focus and hustle together. As i no get lapi and good phone hunger wan kill person abeg
Re: Buhari Recieves Oluwo Of Iwo Message by Beosten(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
He should consult Aregbe or Tinubu on this. That city should have at least 2 lgas. Instead, other small villages were joined to the only lga there.

Iwo is a city with only Iwo local government. Villages like Fapo, Araromi, ElemoAdana, Onigangan, and like other four villages I can't remember should not be a part of the local government.
Re: Buhari Recieves Oluwo Of Iwo Message by efefemi: 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
Lalasticalala
Re: Buhari Recieves Oluwo Of Iwo Message by realstars: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2020
Went to consort and to salvage his people in the hands of the cabal.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Imo State Begins Construction Of Marine University. / Nigerians Don't Expect Buhari's Family To Move About In Public Transport - Momoh / VIDEO: “legalise Marijuana For The Use Of Nigerians Now” — Governor Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.