Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job (1904 Views)

Job Seekers In Kaduna Troop Out In Search Of Job Vacancies (Photos) / Pz Cussons / Invitation 4 Pz Cussons Test 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by edoisewele(m): 8:45am On May 28, 2007
i have just be recruited into pz for Graduate training scheme, i would like to know the actual take home pay for the training from anyone although it is stated in my offer letter that its 1million naira per annum for the one year training, but that is before tax what would it be after tax, also i was told that training is for a year, i what to know what the training is like and after  training whats the salary would be like. thanks you, please i need this info as soon as possible for it would enable me in deciding whether to leave my teaching job in the university of bBeninor not before on the 4th of jJune|_S
Thanks.
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by GNature(m): 8:49am On May 28, 2007
Go for the private sector (PZ). To me, that is a no brainer.
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by AfricaFace(f): 9:24am On May 28, 2007
It is very difficult to advise you, you are trying to compare two parrallel jobs , lecturing and working in PZ. assume it were to be comparison btween lecturing in Uniben and UI or working in PZ or Nigeria breweries, then we will be able to advise. It's so painful that Nigeria factor and orientation has made people not to have a career line. It depends on what you want in Life, If you intend to become a Prof, then stay back in Uniben,,, but you know what that means , more work less money, you have to read everyday of your life, but you may end up like SOLUDO OR OKONJO IWUALA who knows. But when you start with PZ, so many things may happen , either you rise faster or slower, it also depends on the Nigeria factor and your foresight, Fear of the unknown, na waooooo, Pls follow your heart, but learn not regreet cause you might feel you have chosen the wrong path, But no path is wrong , it depends on what you wanna achieve and what you make out of life, No matter the advices you will get on this forum, you still have the final say .
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by edoisewele(m): 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2007
thank you very much for your piece of advice especially africa face, it was wonderful and nice. i think i would follow my heart, by going for the pz offer, it would afford me alot of challenges coupled with the fact that it a conglomerate and a multinational., as you said no path is a wrong path
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by orjigga1: 9:32am On Jun 11, 2007
bobs! wel done oh! im a graduate of uniben bt wil tel u 2 go 4 d PZ. so long as u start as a
graduate trainee, ur career line wil be in management n u knw dat's d koko @ d mo' "management".
Lecturin is jst d pride attached 2 it "i produce graduates yearly" But ma man, na dat wan u go chop,
money 4 pocket very necessary oh! gud as u'v decided 2 opt 4 d PZ. very nice career ahead of u,
n wishin u d very best of luck. Success man
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by jumiek: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2007
Congrats to you. I presume you are on the teaching job already, but you did not state your position as it were. Well, why dont you appraise yourself based on your career goals and then pick the one that best aligns with your goals. This is because for you to have applied for the job and to have come this far with PZ, there is a purpose for it.
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by valianty(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2007
My friend edoisewele , congratulation on your appointment with PZ. Well, you wanted PZ b4 you applied in the first place cos you already had the lecturing job. Thank God you got it!!! You may still end up being a lecturer but with pool of managerial and industrial experience. You'll then be more relevant to the students you teach. See you when we resume in July!
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by siina(m): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2007
hey brother, can you hint me on job opportunity with pz, i would really be interested.
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by bujuas: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2007
hi edoise, i think you have to go for the pz stuff except if you are destined to become a lecturer and you knw both of us went to the same school and undergoing the same processes is too boring but pz will give you the chances of exploring and knowing what the manufacturing industries is all about so if am in your shoe i have to go for it as you are aware peter is doing well in proctor and gamble and he is rising very fast congrats
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by okhade: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2007
I think you should go for pz.I have some friends who work there and from what i have heard its not bad at all.Cos after the training period,your salary increases.At some point during the training,you are also sent abroad.So i dont think its a bad start at all.Good luck and most importantly do what your heart tells you,
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by imunest: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2007
Hello Edoise,
Congratulations on ur new appointment. I understand these confusions sometimes. Follow ur mind. As for me I wd advise u embrace the private sector(pz) and grow ur career from there. I wish u all the best. I posted this primarily to wish u a big big congratulations. I am Ernest, one of Curtises project(peanut) partner. So excited to know u r the one.
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by okeyz(m): 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2007
Hi edoise
i graduated from uniben and i want to tell u dat u cannot compare the exposure pZ, a  multinational conglomerate,will expose u  to, compare to the everyday monotonous reprinting of obselete text books and old ideas of teaching in a Nigerian university.
I am not saying there is somthin wrong with academic life but the way and manner in wich these programs are been taught is obselete and we need to follow new trends of doing things with less stress and more productive out put.
When u start the trainee program ,u will know what am talking about its like u are exposed to new and productive way of thinking ,ideas,great people and good environment,o l boy bone teaching and go for the training  QED.
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by oisrael(m): 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2007
My Dear Brother
I'm an Alumnus of Uniben which ofcourse is UNIBEST! "Yes! Na so!" However, sentiments apart, Go to the private sector. Except you are one of those who love acada.
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by EZEB1(m): 3:52am On Jun 12, 2007
My Fellow engineer I must first congratulate u on your successful completion of a bachelor's degree programme in engineering(Chem). Its was never an easy accomplishment. As you enter into the labour market you must always remember where u re coming from. Remember to give back to the society that brought you up. Uniben is a great school despite all the fustrations that take place there. I would have loved you to join those who will pioneer the future of that great school, The present private sector might seem so juicy now with all their ceremonious offers, but always remember that a good name is worth more than gold. I have had the opportunity to meet you personally while we where in engineering those days and I recognise you as a humble and intelligent serious young man. People like you overseas are those who pioneer new inventions. Our country is developing and we all most honestly fight tirelessly to develop it. Do not throw away these God given assignment to you because of juicy private companies. They will only try to sap the youthful energy in you and discard you when you become less productive. To lay a good foundation is a very good thing it will stand even when the wind is threatening to pull it down. We must learn to look into the future. The most honourable thing to do is to serve your country. Congratulations once again
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by jidemighty: 10:49am On Jun 12, 2007
Congratulations,and wishing you the best of success as you take your career with Paterson Zochonis PZ.
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by doncnn(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2007
guy i advice u if pz is not more than 100K, continue with ur lecturing job cos there is much good and welfare there. besides, lecturing gives u time to do some part time jobs and work.

cheers---- de don
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by jameh: 11:47am On Jun 12, 2007
Please kindly go for the Pz job,I know you will perform better than the uniben where threr is politics b4 u can become prof
Re: Choice Of Job Pz Or University Of Benin Lecturiing Job by 22guns(m): 11:51am On Jun 12, 2007
my guy,1st let me congratulate u on the job.
actually,africaface mentioned wot tickled my fancy.wotever path u choose "dont regret it"
i graduated from uniben,ecostat to be precise and i will join those that says u should go for d pz job.i dont know which dept u are lecturing,but u should know there is a lot of politics at play in dat institution.man go for pz where hardwork will be rewarded appropriately.cheers

(1) (Reply)

GE INTERVIEW FORMAT(its Urgent) / Patrol Supervisor Wanted (ex-military Person; Must Be Able To Drive A Bike) / Exceptional Fine Arts Teacher Needed In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.