Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? (502 Views)

If You Used These Perfumes And You're Not Married Hmmmm... / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by Emkingz: 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Can we actually give what we don't have? There by misleading people.
Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by Ladylite: 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Emkingz:
Can we actually give what we don't have? There by misleading people.

Not exactly misleading. We have too many examples of those who married wrong. And since there are more breakups than marriages... They have more wisdom to share.

Marriage is overrated when you marry the wrong person and people no longer want to be told what to do anymore.... So everyone jumps in according to their own assumptions and so have a piece of advice to give others who are not married.

Married couples who discover their mistakes after 10year often warn their single siblings or friends who come online to share a nugget of wisdom to the rest of us.

Finally, until marriages are done by biblical standards marital relationships will only get worse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by Fortissimo502: 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ladylite:

Not exactly misleading. We have too many examples of those who married wrong. And since there are more breakups than marriages... They have more wisdom to share.

Marriage is overrated when you marry the wrong person and people no longer want to be told what to do anymore.... So everyone jumps in according to their own assumptions and so have a piece of advice to give others who are not married.

Married couples who discover their mistakes after 10year often warn their single siblings or friends who come online to share a nugget of wisdom to the rest of us.

Finally, until marriages are done by biblical standards marital relationships will only get worse.

This is just it!

4 Likes

Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by rosy1992(f): 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
The married folks have accepted their fate, even if they are married to the wrong spouse. while the single ones are learning from their mistakes.

6 Likes

Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by Emkingz: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ladylite:

I actually don't know what you mean precisely when you say marriage is "overrated" but the person where you said people married wrong is correct due to the wrong reasons and like you rightly pointed out that until we do it the Godly way it will continue to be wrong. But please let's not deviate from the major point which is people who are yet to be married are the ones that mostly give advice about marriages.
Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by LewsTherin: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2020
Ladylite:

And since there are more breakups than marriages... They have more wisdom to share.

According to the UN, the country with the highest divorce rate in the world is the Maldives with 10.97 divorces per 1,000 inhabitants per year. This is followed by the Belarus with 4.63 and the United States wih 4.34.

Rank

Country

Divorces per 1,000 inhabitants per year

1 Maldives 10.97

2 Belarus 4.63

3 United States 4.34

4 Cuba 3.72

5 Estonia 3.65

6 Panama 3.61

7 Puerto Rico 3.61

8 Ukraine 3.56

9 Russia 3.42

10 Antigua and Barbuda 3.40

Source https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-divorce-rate/

http://nigeria.opendataforafrica.org/yjdggyg/nigeria-population-by-marital-status

1 Like

Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by LewsTherin: 7:43am On Jan 03, 2020
My point is those "statistics" are vastly over exergerated even if you consider the large number of unreported cases.

The plethora of sob stories seems to be a case of misery loving company and/or bad news being interesting news.

2 Likes

Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
It is easier for the unmarried to discuss marriage because they have all the time on their hands. cheesy
Married people who are really knee-deep have no time to discuss what is PRIVATE.

On NL for example, there are more active single members.

Married people do more and talk less.
Single people have unrealistic views of marriage, hence they can always speak out of lack of experience. They can only fantasize.

5 Likes

Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by cococandy(f): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
I see the poster above me said something similar to what I was about to say.

Married people are more focused on being married than actually talking about it. Add kids, responsibilities, etc etc. you already have enough issues to deal with than to create random topics sampling opinions that don’t and will never affect your life.

Whereas a single person might be more open to wondering what marriage would be like since they are yet to venture into it. Hence the many threads. you don’t know what your marriage will be like until you’re in it, so from a single person’s perspective, it would make sense to be kind of obsessed with the topic of it. To learn all you can if possible.

For the ones that are not married but know more about marriage than the veteran married folks, (folks that even other married people learn from). We have no words. I even fear them. Don’t argue with those ones.
Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by ImaIma1(f): 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ladylite:

I guess you are married to know that marriage is overrated.

1 Like

Re: Most Topics About Marriage Are Written By People Who Are Not Married. Why? by Greatzeus(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2020
Some things are easier said when you have a smart phone and internet connection. But when you wear the shoe, that's when you will know what's up grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hand Sanitizer I Bought For N1000. Is This A Good Deal For 250ml Or 25cl? / Hand/power Tools For Sale. / I Am Compassionate But Don't Know What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.