Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison (5951 Views)

23 Nigerians To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia (Names, Full List) / How Criminals Operate As Police Paraded Suspects In Abuja (Photos) / John William King Executed In Texas For Death Of James Byrd Jr, Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by visaland(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
Spent part of today at the Maximum Security Custodial Centre, popularly known as the Maximum Security Prisons in Kirikiri. Met with the absolute worst elements of soceity. Their sentences range from 25 to 75 years. Some got life. Some, in one of the purest forms of finality, got death.
The most common method of administering capital punishment in Nigeria today is death by hanging. Although lethal injection was introduced in 2015, it has rarely, if ever been used. Thus, the noose around the neck has remained the most popular method of execution.
Before then however, especially in the military era, it was death by firing squad, usually outside Kirikiri's Maximum Security Prison. The second image shows the firing/execution range outside the prison. The condemned were blindfolded and tied to those stakes. Soldiers would then march out from the prison to pump hot lead into the doomed, extinguishing them forever. The bullet holes on the stakes themselves and the wall behind still tell the story of those gruesome times. Now that I think of it, I wonder which between firing squad and hanging is worse.
Well, with this and other activities today, I can say it has been a fulfilling start to the new year.
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by MossLuv: 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hmmm
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by YOUNGELDER1(m): 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Death sentences should be abolished.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by icenti: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:
Death sentences should be abolished.

I think your judgement is sentimental. There are still some criminals who deserve death

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by Azmanaty: 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
icenti:

I think your judgement is sentimental. There are still some criminals who deserve death

Are u a judge? If not, then run along

2 Likes

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by YOUNGELDER1(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
icenti:

True but two wrongs doesn’t make right.
Life in prison without possible of parole should be the max.

Sending criminals to death won’t right their wrongs.

5 Likes

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by Jabioro: 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
We needed death penalty..
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by MKULTRA: 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
Electrocution should be introduced
At least Nepa will save a lot of condemned and extend their execution dates cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by excanny: 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

Some criminals deserve it bro. I'm not in support of it being totally abolished.

Life in prison should be for manslaughter, not gruesome and senseless murder crime.

1 Like

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
excanny:

Some criminals deserve it bro. I'm not in support of it being totally abolished.

Life in prison should be for manslaughter, not gruesome and senseless murder crime.

Taking a life won’t bring a life back.
We should learn to forgive & forget.
Life sentences better than death sentences.
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by excanny: 2:04am On Jan 03, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

No. We should learn to apply our laws.

Bro. That's how it is every where in the world. You take a life intentionally, death penalty straight.

1 Like

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by Seetto: 4:14am On Jan 03, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

Those ritualists that gruesomely murdered and ate an innocent lady should not be killed...

Guy, eye for an eye, is the sure way of getting out of these insanity that has engulfed our society...

3 Likes

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by johnkey: 4:30am On Jan 03, 2020
of course I support Death penalty in the most gruesome way for anyone who kills intentionally.
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by chukxie(m): 7:55am On Jan 03, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

What does a man who raped a child, killed her then dismembered her deserve? Mercy? Life without the possibility of a parole? A life for a life except in proven cases of manslaughter.

2 Likes

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by Hhenryy: 8:12am On Jan 03, 2020
visaland:
Spent part of today at the Maximum Security Custodial Centre, popularly known as the Maximum Security Prisons in Kirikiri. Met with the absolute worst elements of soceity. Their sentences range from 25 to 75 years. Some got life. Some, in one of the purest forms of finality, got death.
The most common method of administering capital punishment in Nigeria today is death by hanging. Although lethal injection was introduced in 2015, it has rarely, if ever been used. Thus, the noose around the neck has remained the most popular method of execution.
Before then however, especially in the military era, it was death by firing squad, usually outside Kirikiri's Maximum Security Prison. The second image shows the firing/execution range outside the prison. The condemned were blindfolded and tied to those stakes. Soldiers would then march out from the prison to pump hot lead into the doomed, extinguishing them forever. The bullet holes on the stakes themselves and the wall behind still tell the story of those gruesome times. Now that I think of it, I wonder which between firing squad and hanging is worse.
Well, with this and other activities today, I can say it has been a fulfilling start to the new year.

There is no easy nor painless way to go. Even Lethal injections that was created for a painless execution cannot be said to be 100% effective since we cannot see the inmate struggling due to muscle paralysis. But there have been many reported cases of botched execution where the inmate struggle was clearly visible.

A firing squad would have been real quick, but the soldiers take time inbetween shots, so as to inflict maximum pain.

The fastest and perhaps the most effective is the Guillotine. Although no longer in use but it does the job real quick. Once the head leaves the body, consciousness is lost in a matter of seconds.

For me, the worst form of execution in this modern era is the electric chair. It is slow and excruciating. I watched a leaked execution clip some time ago and i could see the inmate poop, piss and vomit while convulsing violently. It was a horrible sight to behold

3 Likes

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by thundafire: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2020
Where pic nonsense
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by Onyenna(m): 11:18am On Jan 03, 2020
Damn!
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by TheSourcerer: 11:57am On Jan 03, 2020
Pic o
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by Hisduchess(f): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

Yea it won't but at least they'll pay with their lives.some crimes actually deserves that the person who committed it Should pay with his/her life.e.g this trending news about some peeps killing an innocent student to make pepper soup.that shii is Terrible and those people should pay with their lives
Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by Nostradamus: 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

yes it won't right their wrongs but some criminals really need the death sentence.

What do you think is the best punishment for cultists who decide to behead a guy for been friends with a lady who one of them is crushing on?

1 Like

Re: How Criminals Are Executed In Kiri Kiri Maximum Security Prison by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
there are some people that want to die. They prefer it to staying alive

(1) (Reply)

NHRC, NAPTIP, Police Join Forces Against Rape In Nigeria / See What Notorious Kidnapper, Evans Wife Wrote To Freeze On Instagram (snapshot) / Angry Youth Set RCCG Church Ablaze In Benin over The Murder Of Uniben Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.