Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport - Foreign Affairs (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport (79593 Views)

Qassem Suleimani: At Least 20 Killed In Blasts Near Grave Of IRGC Commander. / US Airstrike Kills ISIS-K Planner In Afghanistan / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Frankiss44(m): 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
IpobAntidote:

Ok it's about to be the US number one problem. Just watch and see.

We are watching.. Unless it is not the same iran that is having problem with their citizens, and that has neighbours that are all allies to the US.. US will turn Iran to dust in a matter of days... They should better lick their wound and mourn in peace because the white house has a new sheriff who also a mad man

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Smoke47: 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
Olominira:
Many people are actually ignorant just like the people advising Trump to start a war with Iran. Where did many of you think Iran got such a powerful radar that was used to drop the most sophisticated US drone last year? Russia, China with Iran already have a joint military drill. Just as Russia is giving US headaches in Venezuela, Syria, Libya and others, US would be engaging both China and Russia in Iran. Someone said US has military in Okinawa, those people are at the mercy of North Korea.

US would be stressed this time, it would be huge for them. At the moment and for the first time, US military is extremely short staffed. Besides, there are a number of structural adjustments in the US military. I still don't understand why Trump think fighting Iran is a wise decision.
I stopped reading immediately you said US troops stationed in Okinawa are at the mercy of North Korea, you obviously are the ignorant one here on this matter

China and Russia will not involve themselves in a US/IRan war, the might support Iranians with weapons and military strategies covertly

US military short staffed?? Why do you get your statistics from Mr man

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Cuntface: 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
khiaa:

I'm American so how the hell are you going to tell me what I don't know! There are two Americas, one black and one white, it has always been devided. You are a damn fool if you think white America gives a damn about black Life which includes your African azz.

You're seriously demented and you don't know it.

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Roon9(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Rhema04:

how much is it?

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by OLABOY8495(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
THE WAR BETWEEN USA AND IRAN WILL MAKE MIDDLE EAST SUFFER ALOT ,TRUMP WILL DEFINETLY WANT TO DETONATE THE IRANIANS NUCLEAR WEAPON AT ALL COST AND THE IRANIANS WILL WANT TO DEFEND IT AT ALL COST THERE WILL BE WAR JAAAREEE. IF ANY COUNTRY'S IN THE MIDDLE EAST SHOULD SUPPORT THE IRANIANS THAT WILL BRING WORLD WAR 3 WHICH THE AMERICANS ARE READY FOR, FOR ME TRUMP WILL WIN THE SECOND TERM.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by wirinet(m): 12:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
Demzlent:
Donald Trump may want to go to war with iran to avoid the continuous process of his removal by the senate, Clinton also used that move

Impeachment and escalation of war by the president go together.

President Clinton orders air attack on Iraq

On December 16, 1998, President Bill Clinton announces he has ordered air strikes against Iraq because it refused to cooperate with United Nations (U.N.) weapons inspectors. Clinton’s decision did not have the support of key members of Congress, who accused Clinton of using the air strikes to direct attention away from ongoing impeachment proceedings against him. Just the day before, the House of Representatives had issued a report accusing Clinton of committing “high crimes and misdemeanors” related to the Monica Lewinsky scandal, in which Clinton had–and then lied about–an illicit sexual liaison with an intern in the Oval Office.
https://www.history.com/.amp/this-day-in-history/clinton-orders-air-attack-on-iraq

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by yellowman2225(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ryocaj:

Don't deceive Urself.. it will be US n Europe vs Arab Nations (Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, State of Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen) n I don't c US n Europe conquering.. except China n Russia falls in line.. most Arab nations get military AIF from Russia.. n Russia is always on opposite sides with US.. Palestine might just stage a reprisal attack on behalf of Iran.. or Iran does it themselves..that's all..
How will Saudi and Egypt be against USa? you dont understand international politics.

Saudi, Israel and Egypt are the biggest Ally of UsA among Arabs World. Also, all Sunni Countries will lean towards Saudi and not Shia Iran. Get this sir!!!
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by YorubaPrince: 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
uninspired07:

Any which way, Donald Trump will win both the war & elections in November. The alternative cannot even be contemplated. America must never fall into the hands of democrats ever again.

An IPOB Olofo spewing rubbish as usual.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by biggy26: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
uninspired07:

Any which way, Donald Trump will win both the war & elections in November. The alternative cannot even be contemplated. America must never fall into the hands of democrats ever again.
You spoke like an oracle...one catfish pepper soup and any bottle on me!

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

In a war with Iran, the US has the military strength but the US will eventually be the losers. War isn't only about throwing bombs and shooting, a lot more are involved. The US took out Saddam but right now are they not the ones on the losing side? They were able to kill Saddam because they had the backing of the entire world when they claimed Saddam was stockpiling nuclear weapons, which was found to be totally untrue. Right now, which country is spending billions of tax-payers dollars annually to maintain their soldiers in these middle-eastern countries? The death of Saddam was one of the things that have terrorism its wings, and which country is the primary target of all terrorists? War isn't only about bombs and guns

Operation Desert Storm is not the same with the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Moreover...start making use of PARAGRAPH please. It helps the reader to easily read & comprehend.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Ebenezar2020(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Trapping:

Thanks. You know exactly my worry. Tbh, if Iran decides to retaliate (which I guess they will) America will not find it easy.

I also pray that the democrats don't come close to power
but the whole world witnessed peace during the era of Democrats.
you and I know too well that Republican is a party filled with whites racists
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by IpobAntidote: 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
Frankiss44:

We are watching.. Unless it is not the same iran that is having problem with their citizens, and that has neighbours that are all allies to the US.. US will turn Iran to dust in a matter of days... They should better lick their wound and mourn in peace because the white house has a new sheriff who also a mad man

You guys just think this is like video games. These are human lives involved. Young Iranians and Americans will die for nothing.
Iranians will come together in the face of outsid as aggression, that's what you will not get in the US.
As a US citizen and with a son in the US Army, ain't no way I'm supporting this dotard clueless fool called Tramp. I will always support the Army but not this idiotic careless president.
The US will.kill 10000 Iranians and the Iranians will kill 500 US citizens, those 500 Americans will feel like 20000 dead Americans. You don't understand the psychology behind these wars.

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Jaymaestro(m): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Trump fans will take delight in this , and keep analyzing the event with hope it doesn't escalate and affect them.

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
I can see the revival of Osama bin Ladin era coming back...I pray they shouldn't lunch missiles on the streets of America soon.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by khiaa(f): 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
Cuntface:

You're seriously demented and you don't know it.

You are only speaking of yourself because you don't know me. Stop trying to impose your sick behavior on me.

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Smoke47: 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
bankylan:

F-35S obsolete? Please what makes F-35 series obsolete? Guess you have been reading a wrong piece on the internet. IDF just took delivery of another squadron.........S-400? This has already been circumvented by the IDF.
The future of warfare isn't in the air? Are you a military strategist who knows better than Pentagon? Here this, in conventional war, no nation comes close to the US in weapons, strategies, logistic and capabilities to strike from anywhere in the world. War with Iran does not translate to war with Russia and China as these two countries will only watch.

For years, Isreali defense force-IDF has been striking Iran interests in Syria and Iran has not responded.

Any war between the US or Russia will go nuclear and both nations won't do such a stupid thing.
Sir don't waste your time arguing with military "strategist" on NL, they clearly know better than Pentagon cheesy

Alot of people here will come and spew what the believe is fact, it's only when the Shit hits the fan we'll all know who possess more power than the other.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by OLABOY8495(m): 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
IF CHINA AND RUSSIA SHOULD SUPPORT IRAN THAT WILL BE INTRESTING BECAUSE USA MIGHT GET BACKUP FROM UK AND ISREAL AND THAT SHOWS WORLD WAR 3 WHICH I PRAY THAT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by khiaa(f): 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
IpobAntidote:

You guys just think this is like video games. These are human lives involved. Young Iranians and Americans will die for nothing.
Iranians will come together in the face of outsid as aggression, that's what you will not get in the US.
As a US citizen and with a son in the US Army, ain't no way I'm supporting this dotard clueless fool called Tramp. I will always support the Army but not this idiotic careless president.
The US will.kill 10000 Iranians and the Iranians will kill 500 US citizens, those 500 Americans will feel like 20000 dead Americans. You don't understand the psychology behind these wars.

Preach the truth!!!

2 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by khiaa(f): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
but the whole world witnessed peace during the era of Democrats.
you and I know too well that Republican is a party filled with whites racists

Both of the parties are racist, that's why I vote independently.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by toxicbrain: 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

I know the US, I know Russia. The US is technically advanced but for the past 20 years they've been preoccupied with fighting unreasonable wars in different countries. Russia on the other hand has greatly improved their R & D. Once in a while, US' DARPA will show a new tech, but there's a big difference between a prototype and a battle-ready equipment. Do you know that the most advanced US fighter aircraft currently deployed, the F-35 is already obsolete, even before it's development was completed? Russia knows that the future of warfare isn't in the air, it's easy to take down aircraft. Russia has focused on submarines and missile tech, and they currently have the world's first hypersonic missile, and a range of missiles that can take out US aircraft carriers.
I'm not going to talk about the S400, read about it. Right now, the US has nothing as advanced as it is

And you think US is stupid enough to show what they have up their sleeves? Lol. You must think they are one dumb country. With the amount of Money they allocate to defence and the number of bright minds in that country. Believe me, the F-35 is no where near their best jet fighter neither is this s400 defence systems.

When push comes to shove you will know why they are number 1. After all I did read up on the s400 defence system and you said that shit can defend a whole country from US? Lol. It has geographical limitations, easy destruction of batteries in isolation, incapable of handling multiple missle unslaught and the rest.

Bro. You guys so much underrated US cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by ODVanguard: 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
omohayek:

You know the worst thing? All of this completely unnecessary tension stems entirely from the insecurities of one dim-witted, thrice-divorced fraudster with a compulsion to undo anything with Obama's name attached to it: according to Trump, "If it was done by Obama, it must be bad", so he went and cancelled a deal all international observers agreed Iran was actually observing. It's possible that hundreds of thousands of lives are now about to be cut short in a needless war simply because a large number of white Americans simply couldn't stand the idea of 8 years of a black man in the White House being followed by at least 4 years of a woman in charge (and I haven't even touched on the long-term consequences of Trump's climate-change denial).

Trump is one sick guy. Back in 2011 he accused Obama of intending to start a war with Iran in order to increase his chances of reelection. And here he is doing just that! Americans Don enter one chance.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by ogbonti: 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
Olominira:
More crises for Trump and an average American. This is unnecessary. Trump is committing a huge mistake by canceling the initial agreement reached with Iran.

Firstly, US can't even manage the ongoing crises she created in the past with Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya and others. Who's advising Trump? Crises in Libya is still a crisis in some parts of Europe. Germany already has millions of refugees from Syria. These are countries of smaller populations yet you seriously want to destabilize another country of 70-80 million people all at once.

The entire America with Europe would have a serious impact if Iran is set into crises. In fact, the entire world feel this impact because by the time 40 percent of oil output is cut off due to total blockage of Strait of Hormuz. The global market would respond immediately. This is not a wise choice. Even in Nigeria, a litre of petrol may go as far as N500

SHORROP THERE--- yeye man

so Iran has the right to destroy US assets, kill US military personnel, cause all manner of provocations, and Trump should not respond?

SO when we got intelligence that a man who is responsible for more that 600 US service men deaths and is still plotting to do more harm is within our reach, then we should just fold our arms and watch catastrophic situation occur because of "Straight of Harmuz" or whatever theory you are postulating?

Na person like you go see somebody slap ya mama for market and instead of standing up to fight to defend her, you will be considering who will pay the hospital bills if someone gets injured - YOU NO BE MAN AT ALL

When world war II happened, did humanity go into extinction? NO - So neither RUSSIA, IRAN OR NOKO can do that... Man, nothing dey happen. If Iran does not stop these unnecessary - soon they will be eating alive by the US, MARK MY WORDS!!!!!
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Frankiss44(m): 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
IpobAntidote:

I understand.. So you expect the US to fold its hands and call for diplomatic negotiations even after her embassy was attacked and an American killed with many others injured??

Before you question the reaction, maybe you need to first look at the action

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Ryocaj(m): 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
yellowman2225:

How will Saudi and Egypt be against USa? you dont understand international politics.

Saudi, Israel and Egypt are the biggest Ally of UsA among Arabs World. Also, all Sunni Countries will lean towards Saudi and not Shia Iran. Get this sir!!!
US already sanctioned Eguypt for purchasing Russian aircrafts.. Egypt also sent aids 2 Palestine in Gaza.. Egypt is just being neutral.. Wen d worst comes they will follow d Arab league..Egypt is pro-Palestine..

2 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by ogbonti: 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
Frankiss44:

I understand.. So you expect the US to fold its hands and call for diplomatic negotiations even after her embassy was attacked and an American killed with many others injured??

Before you question the reaction, maybe you need to first look at the action

dont mind him - his blind hatred for Trump is making him take sides with the Iranians. If your son or whoever is in the military wants to leave the US army and go fight for Iran because you dislike Trump so much, then he should be ready to face treason charges.

we are all Americans and we should never take sides with the enemy because of our political differences, these liberals prefer to see the US burn than for Trump to claim an ounce of American victory - pathetic losers they are!

2 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by ogbonti: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
ODVanguard:

Trump is one sick guy. Back in 2011 he accused Obama of intending to start a war with Iran in order to increase his chances of reelection. And here is doing just that! Americans Don enter one chance.

the provocation Iran has thrown at America under Trump is nothing compared to what they did when Obama the appeaser was in office

Iran will soon be wiped off the face of the map!

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by wirinet(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
yellowman2225:

And you think, fellow Arab muslims will support USA a Christian nation and Israel supporter against fellow muslims in an all out war?

The fight between Arab Sunnis and shites is a fight between brothers, that with USA and Israel is with outsiders.

It's the leaders of Saudi Arabia that needs the support of US and not the citizens. Remember Osama Bin Laden main grouse with the saudi government was its cosy relationship with the US.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by kayjay69(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
You have spoken with knowledge unlike most reactionaries on this thread. Whilst the USA may hail this as a masterstroke or some sort of tit for tat, anyone who knows anything about the middle east and world politics
knows this was a bad move by the US, an act of desperation seeing as they are losing their grip on Iraq to Iran. It may seem like it was justified but in a couple years down the line, in hindsight you'll see it was a bad move. The only issue is we as humans the world over tend to forget easily.

Taking Qasem Soleimani out, a top ranking General, not some foot soldier within the Iranian army is the equivalent of taking out the Head of the US Special Forces or CIA. It will not be taken lightly by Iran, Russia and China who are pretty good at playing neutral should observe this, if it happens to Iran it could as well happen to them. The Ayatollah will simply replace him with someone worse and more determined than ever to continue these proxy wars. If the US acted to provoke Iran into war with it, knowing fully well that it would help Trump, well you just never know it may not help him that much, if Iran manages to shutdown the strait of hormuz, oil prices will go skyhigh and that may impact America's economy negatively heading into an election year.

The JCPOA was a decent agreement by the US under Obama and its joint signatories. Trump came into power with the sole intention of provoking and going to war with Iran and by tearing up that agreement it has forced the hands of Iran. Instead of nudging Israel to the reconciliation table with Palestine, Trump has emboldened Israel to continue to act recklessly in the region and this in turn has given the Iranians the excuse to continue to wage these proxy wars against Israel.

And you guys need to understand this, Iran is very different from Iraq, Afghanistan or any country the US has faced in recent times. Their citizens are very patriotic and historically they are great warriors. We know what happened the last time when the US faced a very motivated country as such in the mould of Vietnam, it did not end well. Technology is great to have but Wars are fought and won on the ground, always remember that. If the US is still involved in Afghanistan till date against a bunch of rag tying tribal warlords, how do you think they would fare against a much more motivated and highly organised military.

This whole war is the idea of the Zionist government within Israel. The outcome will not be what the world thinks it will be. This is why I have always believed that the best way to have world peace is for every country to have nuclear weapons. If Iran truly had nuclear weapons with Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles, I can bet you this would never have happened for fear of repercussions.
Nuclear weapons are a quite potent deterrent really.

Kerfuffle:
"The flag of General Soleimani in defense of the country's territorial integrity and the fight against terrorism and extremism in the region will be raised, and the path of resistance to US excesses will continue. The great nation of Iran will take revenge for this heinous crime"—Hassan Rouhani, President, Islamic Republic of Iran.

It's funny how many people chose to tow the path of stupidity as shown in their comments. Too many brain dead individuals on this forum.

There's almost no way America will remain the United States of America after the lapse of this decade.
Trump obviously wants war, and this time, this war (and subsequent ones it'll possibly trigger) will consume not only him, but his nation too. This time, the battle will not end on US bases across the world, Mainland US must get a taste too.

Iran is not one jungle like that in West Africa whose inhabitants will wait for God to come and fight their battles rather than utilizing the facilities he has blessed them with. Iran Will never take this lying low, they will strike effectively and catch the United Srates of America off-guard. When USA starts receiving body bags steadily, they'll know it's gameover.

The Dollar is already getting shaky, debts are off the roof, plenty hidden enemies and couple with the fact that the world has already had enough of US'es bullshit. 2020 is laced with surprises. Down to the wicked oppressor!

Some children who are better off reading their Integrated Science textbook or at best preparing for jamb are also giving naive comments.

4 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by ogbonti: 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
yellowman2225:

dont mind them - they dont know what is going on in that area, they think because Iran is an Islamic country so all arabs will join them

Let me tell you, even Saudi wants Iran to be solidly defeated by the US and western allies. Saudi is as frustrated with Iran as Israel is with Iran.

Israel is just waiting for war to happen - they are itching for an excuse to do the needed wipping out of Iran from the world map and Iran is playing into their own graves!

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Bambambiglo: 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
khiaa:

CORRECTION!

Never touch a white American, there's a difference.

Why are you so full of bitterness

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
luckshine007:

What was Qassem Soleimani doing in Iraq? He was given travel ban by UN in 2015 to not leave Iran
and he got served grin
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by ogbonti: 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
Resurgent2016:

Iran can do nothing to the US, they are just lucky they met a president like Trump. Bush or Bush jnr will have made that country a parking lot by now. Saddam was a more sinister threat than Iran, US didn't even blink before clearing him out.

Even the likes of Russia and China don't threaten the US the way Iran does. Even Israel that possess just a fraction of US military strength will have dealt decisively with Iran if it had tried half of what they tried with trump.

god bless you eternally - you are one nairalander with too much sense!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

Kim Yo Jong Set To Become World’s First Female Dictator In Modern History (Pics) / Hurricane Irma Destroys Entire Barbuda, Caribbean Island (Photos) / Donald Trump Gives His Victory Speech, Congratulates Hillary Clinton (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.