Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

'I Also Have A Name!' – Varane Recalls Snapping At Ronaldo - PHOTOS - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'I Also Have A Name!' – Varane Recalls Snapping At Ronaldo - PHOTOS (889 Views)

The Look Luxembourg Players Gave Ronaldo (Photos) / Georgina Rodriguez Twerks For Boyfriend Cristiano Ronaldo (Photos, Video) / Messi Captured Looking Awkwardly At Ronaldo Before Uefa Best Player Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Also Have A Name!' – Varane Recalls Snapping At Ronaldo - PHOTOS by thrillsport: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2020

The Los Blancos defender
stressed he wasn't being
disrespectful, but rather showing character by calling out his former star teammate Raphael Varane recounted the
occasion he snapped at Cristiano Ronaldo in Real Madrid training for not calling him by his first
name, though he insists he was not disrespectful to the Portugal
great.
France international Varane has been at Madrid for almost nine
years, having joined from Lens as a highly-rated teenager.
As such, the centre-back was a
long-time team-mate of Ronaldo
at the Santiago Bernabeu, before
the former Manchester United
forward left for Juventus in 2018.
Ronaldo is known for his often-
intense personality and
commitment in training, and
Varane reminisced about the
time he bit back at Los Blancos'
then-talisman.
"'Varane, go into the middle,'"
Ronaldo is said to have barked,
to which Varane claims he
replied: "I'm not Varane, I'm
Rapha!"
But the 26-year-old says he was
not showing Ronaldo a lack of
respect, rather showing a bit of
character.
"It was not disrespectful," Varane
told Onze Mondial . "I am super
nice, I am great, even in the
dressing room. I am also quite
shy.
"But when there are difficult
times or when you have to show
your character, you can count on
me. The players who have known
me for a while know this.
"Of course, it's not the aspect of
my character that you see the
most or that you see first. It was
not a matter of respect or
disrespect, it was just a matter
of, 'If I'm not seen, I'm not
considered much.'
"After that it was more like: 'Oh, I
am also here, I also have a name.'
It was more like that."
Any issues with Ronaldo start
and end there, however, with
Varane lavishing his former
colleague with praise for his
achievements.
"He's great, great, on a human
level - and on a footballing level, I
don't even have words
anymore," Varane said.
"He's accomplished something
extraordinary: he made his
incredible achievements seem
banal.
"And to do that…there are no
words to explain it, it's huge, it's
extraordinary. He taught me a lot
and also surprised me. How
many times have I said to myself:
'Wow, this is incredible.'"
Varane recently also revealed the
immense pressure that comes
with playing for Real Madrid,
noting even a draw for the club
feels catastrophic

Re: 'I Also Have A Name!' – Varane Recalls Snapping At Ronaldo - PHOTOS by NwaAmaikpe: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2020
shocked

You disrespect the greatest of all times in soccer who makes his incredible achievements seem banal unlike others and still wonder why your football career has now remained as stunted as Shatta Bundle.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Also Have A Name!' – Varane Recalls Snapping At Ronaldo - PHOTOS by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 03, 2020
We all know that the he-goat called Ronaldo has a lot of pride in him, but Varane should keep shut, he's no way better than the Juventus he-goat.
Re: 'I Also Have A Name!' – Varane Recalls Snapping At Ronaldo - PHOTOS by Bruno3000(m): 10:14am On Jan 03, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You disrespect the greatest of all times in soccer and still wonder why your football career has remained as stunted as Shatta Bundle.
He is still at Madrid. Is it easy to play for Madrid almost a decade? How has his career remained stunted?
Oga dis is 2020, let sensible comments be ur companion.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Also Have A Name!' – Varane Recalls Snapping At Ronaldo - PHOTOS by MJBOLT: 10:16am On Jan 03, 2020
Varane is a 3 time UCL winner and a World Cup winner

[s]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You disrespect the greatest of all times in soccer and still wonder why your football career has remained as stunted as Shatta Bundle.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: 'I Also Have A Name!' – Varane Recalls Snapping At Ronaldo - PHOTOS by Danielz19(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

You disrespect the greatest of all times in soccer who makes his incredible achievements seem banal unlike others and still wonder why your football career has now remained as stunted as Shatta Bundle.

mumu monkey.... u neva still get sense... Its 2020 already. Look at the cry baby u are supporting

(1) (Reply)

Chukwueze Can Rule The World - Santi Carzola / Bruno Fernandes To Manchester United COMPLETED With The Deal 'imminent' / Download Video: Atalanta Vs Valencia 4-1 All Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.