Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

Know The Difference Between Color Grading And Color Correction - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Know The Difference Between Color Grading And Color Correction (489 Views)

Difference Between A Computer And Computer System / Correction: “today Is The Longest Day Of The Year...” / Whales Caught In USA And Nigeria: The Difference (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know The Difference Between Color Grading And Color Correction by thecolorist: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
COLOR GRADING VS. COLOR CORRECTION

Color correction is a technical process that fixes color issues and makes footage appear as naturalistic as possible. The idea is for colors to look clean and real, as human eyes would see them in the real world.

Color grading is also technical, but it's more of a creative concern. The color grading process adds atmosphere and emotion to shots by coloring footage in new, often unnatural ways.

The result of a finished video or film comes from a combination of both color grading and color correction — so it's not really a matter of one "versus" the other. Rather, it's all about the way they are combined to generate a desired look.

It’s the difference between “add two eggs” and “crack two eggs into a bowl, whisk them for thirty seconds, then chill in the fridge for an hour.”

VIDEO COLOR ESSENTIALS
What is color hue?

Hue refers to the color itself. In simplest terms, it’s the difference between red and blue. Your hue can then be altered by saturation and brightness, which we'll cover as soon as we give you a few paragraphs on hue.

Together, hue, saturation, and brightness are known as "HSB." This combination makes up the basic color concerns of any video image.

Hues don’t always have to be vivid, primary colors.

A skin tone, for instance, might be a brown hue that has very little saturation, and a lot of brightness — giving us a "fair" skin tone.

That same hue can be saturated and darkened to give us a different skin tone, all while still corresponding with the brown hue. Some skin tones will have different jumping off hues, so use your spot sampler to identify.

If you are interested in learning Color correction and Colorgrading in Danvinci Resolve,Premier Pro cc and Photoshop,
You can contact me(call or whatsapp) via 08037041413 or email me at cinecolornigeria@gmail.com

Re: Know The Difference Between Color Grading And Color Correction by y3mi(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
If you wrote that... Wa gbayi
If you plagiarized it without giving credit... A lot of DTV/NLE enthusuast would appreciate the info
Re: Know The Difference Between Color Grading And Color Correction by ThePreachersSon: 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Awesome, back in school I was really interested in Color grading and Color correction. I was so obsessed I wanted to make a study based on them as my thesis. But school did not go that way, we were not taught so I switched to continuity editing, my next interest. Would still love to learn it though. I'm a huge fan of Nadine Ibrahim.

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Color Grading And Color Correction by y3mi(m): 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
ThePreachersSon:
Awesome, back in school I was really interested in Color grading and Color correction. I was so obsessed I wanted to make a study based on them as my thesis. But school did not go that way, we were not taught so I switched to continuity editing, my next interest. Would still love to learn it though. I'm a huge fan of Nadine Ibrahim.
Okay.

As for Nadine Ibrahim, well I don't who he or she is as I don't invest my time with Nigerian filmmakers assuming he/she is, only a good dose Ogidan and Kilani as the rest are just hyped with no real passion for the cinematographic world.

Here's my question:

If you've seen 'Limiteless' starring Bradley Cooper, the director employed this both techniques to distinctify when the drug user is under and out of the influence of the NZT designer drug. Generally, American films are characterized by this particular 'film-look' color that set its production aside from others, I noticed Marvel Studios cared less on it except for the Venom film where it played on the dark theme color setting a lot. My question is this.... Is the actualization of this characteristic Hollyood-like 'film-look' achievable at post-production, solely by editing softwares as they are advanced now or it's technically a subject of highly advanced film processing and settings within pre-production and production?

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Color Grading And Color Correction by y3mi(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
thecolorist:
The above reply was directed to you. I had mistaken ThePreacherSon to be you who replied that to my post.

(1) (Reply)

K / Graphene: The Material Of The Future That's 200 Times Stronger Than Steel / Download Outlook OST To PST Converter With Inquit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.