Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,977 members, 7,866,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:29 PM

My Suggestion On How Nigeria Can Save Money For Other Projects. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Suggestion On How Nigeria Can Save Money For Other Projects. (176 Views)

Umahi Inspects Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Other Projects In Lagos / My Suggestion On The Election Results Case In Court / Lagos Set To Commission 360 Homes, Other Projects In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Suggestion On How Nigeria Can Save Money For Other Projects. by Justiceori2019(m): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
ONE SUGGESTION TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA ON HOW TO SAVE MONEY FOR OTHER PROJECTS.
The essence of having Representatives/law makers from the village down to Abuja is to bring the government closer to the people. This is also to ensure that the voice of the Minority are heard, to give those at the grassroot a sense of belonging in the activities of the government in their area. Councillors represent various wards in the local government, There are state law makers in the 36 states of the federation. 306 in the House of Reps while 109 are in the Red Chamber. In Nigeria we have over 2100 persons serving as law makers in their various capacities, states and at the National level. Some of this law makers see their constituents once In a year may be during Yuletide season if atol. Some forgot why they were elected to serve, some are just there to rest, no empowerment of any kind amidst hudge amount of money spent an constitutency allowances. A senator In Nigeria is one of the highest paid in the world yet there are some of this law makers that have not championed a bill but are paid handsomely for resting. Before Now Senator Andrew Uchendu from Rivers State has opined that his friends at the red chamber can reduce their number of cars and use it to empower people. Hon. Bamidele Salam also said that the number of law makers can be reduced in other to cut cost of governance. Now, I am suggesting since we have law makers at the state level, each state should produce one senator. One person can represent 4 local governments at the house of Reps while a councillor can represent 2 wards at the LGA. If this pattern is put to reality, it will make us save money that will be used for other things that will better the life of Nigerians.
This is just a suggestion.
Justice Ori.
Re: My Suggestion On How Nigeria Can Save Money For Other Projects. by Topccy007z: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Tariffs Will Increase April 1 / No Plan To Sack Workers, EKSG Insists / Adopt Flexible Policy To Promote Smes, SEAP Boss Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.