Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost (9563 Views)

Ishieke Market In Ebonyi State Burnt To Ashes / Midnight Fire Razes Seven Shops In Anambra (Photos) / Fire Guts Shops In Ogba, Millions Of Naira Worth Of Goods Destroyed (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by DBISHOP1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Residents and shop owners counted their losses at Amassoma, the Niger Delta University (NDU), Bayelsa State following an outbreak of fire in Friday evening.

It was gathered that the fire broke out from one of the shops located close to the NDU main gate.

The fire was said to have spread to other stretch of shops consuming goods and other valuables belonging to the victims.

Hundreds of residents besieged the scene but were helpless because of unavailability of fire fighters.

It was learnt that the university, which is located in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area had no fire bay and no firefighting equipment and personnel in the entire university community.

The only state fire service is located in Yenagoa, the state capital, and it takes a journey of over an hour to get to the community.

A student of NDU, who spoke in confidence, said it was not the first time a section of the community was gutted by fire.

“The last time it was a section of the market before a firefighting truck arrived the community from Yenagoa, the entire area had been razed.

“We dont have a fire service in the university and the entire community and it will take over an hour for a firefighting truck to get to Amassoma from Yenagoa”, she said.

Also, Faith Joe, a final year student of Accounting, said her project work, which she took to one of the shops for binding was destroyed by the fire.

“I have spent a lot on this project but the fire destroyed everything”, she cried.

She said the fire incident started from a heap of refuse set ablaze by some residents.

She, however, said residents battle the fire and brought it under control after it had destroyed many shops.
Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-millions-lost-as-fire-razes-shops-in-bayelsa-varsity-community/

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Enwhen(m): 10:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
Poor people

Empty store self burn...lolssss

May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Blakjewelry(m): 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
Government can use this opportunity to build a more befitting one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by realstars: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
2020 has begone, more are coming shortly. we need to be carful in this trying time, may God safe us.

1 Like

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by ofalu047(m): 5:48am On Jan 04, 2020
How come these fire incidences are only happening in the Southern part of the country despite the fact that the Northern part is drier?

4 Likes

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by olayemioshiyemi: 5:48am On Jan 04, 2020
Fire here fire there.God biko have mercy .
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by sdavirus: 5:49am On Jan 04, 2020
My dear Amassoma. Been decades. Strength to those that lost.
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by iomoge2(f): 5:53am On Jan 04, 2020
ofalu047:
How come these fire incidences are only happening in the Southern oart of the country, despite the fact that the Northern part is drier?
worth thinking about

2 Likes

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by itsme01: 5:53am On Jan 04, 2020
Obaseki would find a way to blame Oshiomole for this even as it happened in Bayelsa
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Kadejo(m): 5:53am On Jan 04, 2020
God have mercy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by legendarystar: 5:56am On Jan 04, 2020
Its pitiable people build and hire wack electricians, drogba should not coach while messi is still alive.. May God give them double what they've lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by freedomchild: 6:01am On Jan 04, 2020
ofalu047:
How come these fire incidences are only happening in the Southern oart of the country, despite the fact that the Northern part is drier?
Do fire outbreak occur in deserts?. Na where things dey na where fire fit catch something..

10 Likes

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by CyberEBOLA(m): 6:04am On Jan 04, 2020
millioms in those huts? lol
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Shithole
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by ochuski(m): 6:18am On Jan 04, 2020
in the ijaw mans tongue.... APO!

check my signature to learn how to make over $20 weekly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by jesusbaby28: 6:23am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by ikorodureporta: 6:24am On Jan 04, 2020
hopeless nation. common fire, we can't handle fire everywhere

1 Like

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by demoBaba: 6:26am On Jan 04, 2020
CyberEBOLA:

That's what our yeast brother are doing. Small kiosk, they will build mansions buy many big cars from kiosk calling shop.

Must of them dey carry AK 47 at night.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by EdwardRandy(m): 6:38am On Jan 04, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
What if a car dealer who sells bugatti parked his cars in one of those huts? wink
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by dukeprince50: 6:46am On Jan 04, 2020
K, I school in NDU, the name Wilberforce island confused me, I thought the place will be like a love garden so I choose the school over Uniport with the thought that I could leave port Harcourt a bit and live somewhere else.
U see those huts that burnt eh, even in the year 4053, amassoma will still have huts, there is no competition whatsoever, even if ur shop is mud, students will still patronize u cos we can't go out and buy foods, landlords who knew that every October, their houses will sink and students will pack out (not completing their stay) will still put rent at N100-150k.
Please if u are thinking of coming to Amassoma to study, pls just choose another school.

For the past 5yrs in Amassoma, I av neva bin happy.

Though I think this picture is not Amassoma

1 Like

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by skkslar: 6:46am On Jan 04, 2020
Not again
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by ofalu047(m): 7:14am On Jan 04, 2020
freedomchild:
Do fire outbreak occur in deserts?. Na where things dey na where fire fit catch something..

Unless this was an attempt at sarcasm ooo, I don't get the reasoning here. Are there no shops in Kano, Kaduna , Sokoto ,etc.
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 04, 2020
So sad, only fire calamity have been making front page this morning
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Lynx001: 7:41am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by snowking: 7:44am On Jan 04, 2020
That is amassoma, see RCF there

dukeprince50:
K, I school in NDU, the name Wilberforce island confused me, I thought the place will be like a love garden so I choose the school over Uniport with the thought that I could leave port Harcourt a bit and live somewhere else.
U see those huts that burnt eh, even in the year 4053, amassoma will still have huts, there is no competition whatsoever, even if ur shop is mud, students will still patronize u cos we can't go out and buy foods, landlords who knew that every October, their houses will sink and students will pack out (not completing their stay) will still put rent at N100-150k.
Please if u are thinking of coming to Amassoma to study, pls just choose another school.

For the past 5yrs in Amassoma, I av neva bin happy.

Though I think this picture is not Amassoma

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by AshipaEk0: 7:46am On Jan 04, 2020
ofalu047:
How come these fire incidences are only happening in the Southern part of the country despite the fact that the Northern part is drier?

You won't read, you won't research.

You have access to the internet and a smartphone, but a villager with a transistor radio is by far more informed, and intellectually honest than you are.

You do sit and spew rubbish though. And you can't do critical reasoning too.

I guess that's one thing you are exceptional at.

https://www.360nobs.com/2020/01/revealed-the-number-of-people-who-got-burnt-to-death-in-kano-in-2019-will-shock-you/

No fewer than 111 people have been burnt to death in series of fire incidents in Kano State, State Fire Service disclosed on Friday, NAN reports.

The losses were recorded in 813 fire incidents in Kano between January and December, 2019, Saidu Muhammed, Fire Service Public Relations Officer said.

Also, the fire service said its men saved 1,055 lives and property worth N1.9 billion from 813 fire incidents during the period.

Muhammed, however, said that 111 lives were lost during the period.

“597 people were involved in road accidents, seven in collapsed buildings, 54 fell inside well, 58 fell inside open water and the remaining 97 were involved in flood, domestic fire incidents among others,” he said.

Muhammed said that property valued at N679 million were destroyed during the period, while the service received 744 rescue calls and 180 false alarms from residents.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria that road accidents, inferior electrical materials; use of boiling rings, as well as poor handling of electrical appliances, cooking gas and fireplace were major causes of the inferno.

2 Likes

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by vertueptime: 9:00am On Jan 04, 2020
ofalu047:

The south or east are more careless it seams, its not everything that should go according to federal character
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by urchcoded(m): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
I swear millions are in those shops, I graduated from that school, dos shops even tho they look local house lots of computers, photocopying machines printers and the rest, some of Dem are bookshops with up to a thousand books, u know university books Dy cost, millions must have been lost in those shops. A lot of millions.
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Inerepamo(m): 10:23am On Jan 04, 2020
thats not even amassoma and there are no hurts in amassoma
Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by kayc0(f): 10:45am On Jan 04, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Emmaonowu1: 11:43am On Jan 04, 2020
most of you saying that; this is not Amassoma , Don't really know Amassoma, the zinc building over there is RCFNDU worship center, the frontage is were young boys stay to bind people's project work and that wooden shop is a business center, some said our eastern brothers are riding big cars and see how there shop look like , uncle you Don't need a fine shop to make good sales, Igbo's dominate amassoma when it comes to business because they have the right strategy to market there goods well more than the Ijaw indigenes, how will your business grow when you make Woman your priority over your business...... is a black Friday in the city of amassoma but I pray God will replenish the victims because no life was lost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shops In Amassoma, Bayelsa State Burnt, Millions Lost by Emmaonowu1: 11:50am On Jan 04, 2020
snowking:
That is amassoma, see RCF there
that is Amassoma brother, that's my fellowship over there, RCFNDU

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Inflation Rate Rises Less Than Forecast / How Many Hours Light/Power Does PHCN Supply Your Area? / Naira Tumbles To 503 On Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.