Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction (58513 Views)

Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria / 9 Most Baffling Anomalies On Earth That Even Scientists Struggle To Explain / Endangered 'Scrotum Frog': Scientists Join Forces To Save (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by tityboi: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Oh
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by iammolise(m): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ugly kakapo...
But on a serious note though; this brilliant move shows the Clare difference between black n white... If na naija u will be hearing "I see one different kind of bird 4 Bush today, Kai! I nearly kill am, e remain small, that bird 4 sweet ohhh! " grin
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by iretemide(f): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
konvict0111:
I sent you a PM.

Please write back when you get it. Let's have a good chat on something.
Alright I will, let me check
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by chidiwar(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
Elove1:
Nonsense!!! I de here de hustle and una de save useless parrot wey no sabi do anything.
All is vanity upon vanity, imagine using this fund to help some poor people
And mind you am the last of my knd

U are a very big slowpoke .
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by chidiwar(m): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Elove1:
Nonsense!!! I de here de hustle and una de save useless parrot wey no sabi do anything.
All is vanity upon vanity, imagine using this fund to help some poor people
And mind you am the last of my knd

U are a very big slowpoke.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Lonelypacifist6: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
They're not praying to save the kakapo, they're working to save it, Theists should take note.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by wirinet(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bahamas95:
Both of them should go into extinction then, I don't want anything to trouble my life. I miraculously escaped a snake(cobra) attack some years ago so since then am scared/hate them. Even earthworm sef unto say e resemble snake scares the hell outta me(Lol)

Anyways thanks for the info.

Extinction of a single specie can create an inbalance in the eco system leading to more extinctions.

A good example is the dodo. The extinction of the dodo is leading to an extinction of a certain tree which will lead to extinction of animals that depends on the tree.
Read the report here;
Recently a scientist noticed that a certain species of tree was becoming quite rare on Mauritius. In fact, he noticed that all 13 of the remaining trees of this species were about 300 years old. No new trees had germinated since the late 1600s.

Since the average life span of this tree was about 300 years, the last members of the species were extremely old. They would soon die, and the species would be extinct. Was it just a coincidence that the tree had stopped reproducing 300 years ago and that the dodo bird had become extinct 300 years ago? No.

It turns out that the dodo bird ate the fruit of this tree, and it was only by passing through the dodo’s digestive system that the seeds became active and could grow. Now, more than 300 years after one species became extinct, another was to follow as a direct consequence. Will more follow?
https://www.bagheera.com/dodo-bird/

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by hahn(m): 8:16am On Jan 05, 2020
cutiedave:

Good the relationship between industrial activities and its effects on climate change...and how this climate change disrupts the natural habitat of most creatures...

What has that got to do with science?
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by COOLWYT: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2020
A FEMALE COMPUTER OPERATOR URGENTLY NEEDED
A decent female computer operator needed in a business center .
Must be skilled in Microsoft Office Packages, Corel draw.
Qualification: SSCE/ OND
Must reside around Ibeju- Lekki Lagos
Accommodation available if not staying within.
Call: 08126083622
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 06, 2020
iretemide:
Alright I will, let me check
Thanks, I got your response. I have written back to you.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by mrZENographer: 9:28am On Jan 09, 2020
Macsjebs:
Wonders of Science.. shocked.
Like it or not Science is a Blessing to this World, the Advantages far outweigh it's Disadvantages....

Science is an abstract. (The study of plants/animals).

Scientists is the correct word. Also, good/ethical scientists.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 09, 2020
mrZENographer:

Science is an abstract. (The study of plants/animals).

Scientists is the correct word. Also, good/ethical scientists.
It's use of words, doesn't matter, forgotten what it is called in English

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snake Found In A Man's Car In Benin City (Photos) / Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos) / Osato Makes Drones For The US Army (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.