Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction (58524 Views)

Conservationists Warn Against Extinction Of Lions In Nigeria / 9 Most Baffling Anomalies On Earth That Even Scientists Struggle To Explain / Endangered 'Scrotum Frog': Scientists Join Forces To Save (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Prechgold1180(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
Now i see the reason why president Muhammadu buhari is busy saving cows from extinction
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by foolbuster: 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Houseofglam7:
Awwwwww cry
Cute birdie

What is cute about this bird for crying out loud. undecided
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Rules7: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Elove1:
Nonsense!!! I de here de hustle and una de save useless parrot wey no sabi do anything.
All is vanity upon vanity, imagine using this fund to help some poor people
And mind you am the last of my kind

Oh men
I wept I'm so sorry �
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Crofton: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
Elove1:
Nonsense!!! I de here de hustle and una de save useless parrot wey no sabi do anything.
Bros, your kind boku sha.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Tookool(m): 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
I still have a parrot that walks on land over here o ....my younger sis, the girl used to tell my mom every single thing I do wrongly as soon as momsy returns from work. That's like 5 years ago though .....I bet no parrot can beat her records
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Ayobami7(m): 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
下一个
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by slaypapa: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
In a country like......., it would have become a meat.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Coldie(m): 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Macsjebs:
Wonders of Science.. shocked.
Like it or not Science is a Blessing to this World, the Advantages far outweigh it's Disadvantages....

What is the relevance of this your comment to this thread

1 Like

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Bahamas95(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Why save this ugly creature?

I wish snakes could just go into extinction, I hate them.

1 Like

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
obentenyson:
science did not create those birds God did. When will people start giving God praise and not some limited ability of man Called science.
But then God gave Man the knowledge to dominate and explore the earth, or would you say God created the internet, the cars, airplanes and other stuffs making living comfortable; even the Caesarean section: imagine the no of women that would have died
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by hahn(m): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
cutiedave:

U kw nothing... those birds wont have been in danger of extinction if not for science and technology in the first place

Science and technology gives with one hand...and take from nature with both hands

How did science and technology affect their existence?
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by wirinet(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bahamas95:
Why save this ugly creature?

I wish snakes could just go into extinction, I hate them.
If you remove snakes from the eco system, rats and other vermins would multiply, resulting in more deaths. Diseases caused by rats causes far more deaths than snakes. Snakes hardly attack humans, except in rare cases. Most snake bite is by mistake as snakes have very poor eye sight.

I have heard Cobras and mambas live in a family house (usually rat infested) for months without anyone noticing.

1 Like

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Ajibade123(m): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
wow land bird
see ways to increase sales in your clothing retail https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-increase-sales-in-retail-clothing/
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by maasoap(m): 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
Macsjebs:
Like it or not Science is a Blessing to this World, the Advantages far outweigh it's Disadvantages....

Until we have fvcking nuclear war
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by maasoap(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
Coldie:

What is the relevance of this your comment to this thread

They're using technology to help the birds repopulate and protect them.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by JastSiryin(m): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Elove1:
Mumu, and you think you made sense? Think of the great catastrophies we've brought on the world, all from trying to make a living and "expanding" . If you had an iota of understanding then you'd know the only reason they're facing extinction is because of humans. But how could you? when you're naturally selfcentered, all you want is to take take take! Well I don't blame you though, that's human nature
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by phaco(m): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=Elove1 post=85494359]Nonsense!!! I de here de hustle and una de save useless parrot wey no sabi do anything.
And mind you am the last of my kind[/quote NZ govt. care more about their citizens than yours... u, hustling has got nothing to do with the efforts being made to save a specie from going into extinction... think right guy..
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by BobbyFresh: 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
Good One...

I want to sell a Brand new iphone 11 pro max 64gb, Gold and Silver color available 285k, Chat me up on WhatSapp if you are Interested 08105663314

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
maasoap:

Until we have fvcking nuclear war
The 5 permanent members of the security council do already, Iran has not destroyed all of theirs yet, Kim is almost there too
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Bahamas95(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
wirinet:

If you remove snakes from the eco system, rats and other vermins would multiply, resulting in more deaths. Diseases caused by rats causes far more deaths than snakes. Snakes hardly attack humans, except in rare cases. Most snake bite is by mistake as snakes have very poor eye sight.

I have heard Cobras and mambas live in a family house (usually rat infested) for months without anyone noticing.
Both of them should go into extinction then, I don't want anything to trouble my life. I miraculously escaped a snake(cobra) attack some years ago so since then am scared/hate them. Even earthworm sef unto say e resemble snake scares the hell outta me(Lol)

Anyways thanks for the info.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Xisnin(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
cutiedave:

U kw nothing... those birds wont have been in danger of extinction if not for science and technology in the first place

Science and technology gives with one hand...and take from nature with both hands
You know nothing.
Thousands of animals have gone extinct even before humans showed up.
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Houseofglam7(f): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
foolbuster:

What is cute about this bird for crying out loud. undecided
Your opinion
My opinion
Bye smiley
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by wirinet(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bahamas95:
Both of them should go into extinction then, I don't want anything to trouble my life. I miraculously escaped a snake(cobra) attack some years ago so since then am scared/hate them. Even earthworm sef unto say e resemble snake scares the hell outta me(Lol)

Anyways thanks for the info.
Me too I have a phobia for snakes, had very few encounters with them in my life time.

For your information, the most deadly animal to human in the whole world is the almighty mosquito. Nearly 700 million people get a mosquito-borne illness each year resulting in over one million deaths. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito-borne_disease

1 Like

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by wirinet(m): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Xisnin:

You know nothing.
Thousands of animals have gone extinct even before humans showed up.
99% of all animals that lived on earth has gone extinct.

1 Like

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by obentenyson(m): 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
Macsjebs:

But then God gave Man the knowledge to dominate and explore the earth, or would you say God created the internet, the cars, airplanes and other stuffs making living comfortable; even the Caesarean section: imagine the no of women that would have died
Thank you for saying Gave man the knowledge... if God didn't give man knowledge man wouldn't have known science. you still dey help me prove my point. God is still to be praised.... without God, science wouldn't have existed in the first place. talk more of the parrot being talked about in the post..
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by blowjohn(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Macsjebs:

What about science students?
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Blakjewelry(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
cutiedave:

how?
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by blowjohn(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
Macsjebs:

What about science students
Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
obentenyson:
Thank you for saying Gave man the knowledge... if God didn't give man knowledge man wouldn't have known science. you still dey help me prove my point. God is still to be praised.... without God, science wouldn't have existed in the first place. talk more of the parrot being talked about in the post..
This is not a 'religion thread'; u just want to shake tables, you don't force your belief on others. Coz u really don't know what you believe, nobody is sure of anything except proven with convincing facts

1 Like

Re: Kakapo, The New Zealand Parrot: Scientists Struggle To Save It From Extinction by cutiedave(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
hahn:

How did science and technology affect their existence?
Good the relationship between industrial activities and its effects on climate change...and how this climate change disrupts the natural habitat of most creatures...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snake Found In A Man's Car In Benin City (Photos) / Osato Makes Drones For The US Army (See Photos) / Alligator Killed Today In Lagos By Navy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.