Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: (1561 Views)

Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) / “comot Joo” – Obasanjo Tells Journalists As He Meets With Buhari Behind Closed D / Armed Forces Deployed In Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 12:22am On Dec 03, 2010
Best police command in Nigeria.

Launching of APC Vehicles for RRS. Lagos State

http://happylagosian..com/2010/12/launching-of-apc-vehicles-for-rrs-lagos.html

Eko o ni baje lai lai,
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by DapoBear(m): 12:43am On Dec 03, 2010
That is some badass equipment!  cheesy

Googled and found this article describing how the money for the APCs was raised: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5530927-146/story.csp

The rest of that blog looks pretty good too.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2010
DapoBear:

That is some badass equipment!  cheesy

Googled and found this article describing how the money for the APCs was raised: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5530927-146/story.csp

The rest of that blog looks pretty good too.

It's all about putting your money where your mouth is.

The security trust fund is doing great things for Lagosians and I'm glad that Lagosians and business are contributing to the fund and guaranteeing their own safety.

Unfortunately, many states especially the ones in the east where robberies a kidnappings are very rampant are not lifting a finger in the same direction. I guess as usual, they are waiting for the federal government to do that for them.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2010
Fashola Hands Over Additional 10 Armoured Personnel Carriers To State Police Command.

http://happylagosian..com/2010/02/fashola-hands-over-additional-10.html
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
Lagos gets new Crime-Fighting Bell 412 EP helicopters.

http://happylagosian..com/2009/12/lagos-gets-new-bell-412-ep-helicopters.html
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by jason12345: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2010
why can't acn do this in other [b]sw[/b]ern states?
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2010
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2010
jason12345:

why can't acn do this in other [b]sw[/b]ern states?

I think it's possible, they just have to unify the whole WEST, set priorities and get their acts together.

They need more than Lagaos as their selling points, but the first order of business is total unification under one umbrella to facilitate growth and economic transfer from across the region.

They have plans on the table to build a six lane freeway and fast rail system to connect every state in the region, dedicated power grid to serve the region, refineries in Ondo, Lagos and Osun,

The first thing is total unification, Awo was able to transform the west because the west was totally unified, there was no counter productive and renegade states undermining the region's growth.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by DapoBear(m): 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2010
babapupa:

I think it's possible, they just have to unify the whole WEST, set priorities and get their acts together.

They need more than Lagaos as their selling points, but the first order of business is total unification under one umbrella to facilitate growth and economic transfer from across the region.

They have plans on the table to build a six lane freeway and fast rail system to connect every state in the region, dedicated power grid to serve the region, refineries in Ondo, Lagos and Osun,

The first thing is total unification, Awo was able to transform the west because the west was totally unified, there was no counter productive and renegade states undermining the region's growth.
In some sense, democracy is even better for us than regionalism of old. Certain places like Kwara which could not be brought into the fold due to belonging in the wrong region can be brought into the fold through political means.

Anyway, I love the ACN.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2010
DapoBear:

In some sense, democracy is even better for us than regionalism of old. Certain places like Kwara which could not be brought into the fold due to belonging in the wrong region can be brought into the fold through political means.

Anyway, I love the ACN.

The fact is, we are not practicing real democracy, we don't even know what we are doing. Most of the folks in charge of our democratic experience are illeterates and have no clue per the true meaning of democracy.

You can not grow or advance without sheared views, ideas and expectations and we all can not sink altogether because some people want to remain in the caves.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
babapupa said:

Most of the folks in charge of our democratic experience are illeterates. You can not grow or advance without sheared views.

Why is it always the most unschooled, barely literate ones among us that are quick to label others illiterate?

Dude I suggest you remove the log in your own eye first.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2010
ROSSIKE:

babapupa said:

Why is it always the most unschooled, barely literate ones among us that are quick to label others illiterate?

Dude I suggest you remove the log in your own eye first.

Ode, you need to remove the log in your eyes because  I'm not in charge of your democracy and my online spelling errors doesn't alter the fact that your leaders are illiterates and your country under their leadership is fcu/ked up.

Nitpick your butt if you don't have anything better to do with your time.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by babapupa: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2010
Fashola Hands Over 114 New Patrol Vehicles Donated To The Police By Lagos LGs

http://happylagosian..com/2009/10/fashola-hands-over-114-new-patrol.html
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by UyiIredia(m): 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2010
correct grin
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by leonaidas(m): 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2010
Gone are those days when armed robbers had more sophisticated weapons than the police. Big ups to fashola!
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by jaymdee(m): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2010
The opposition stand of ACN enables it to embark on meaningful projects that touch lives across it's states. This is totally lacking in the 'allknowing' PDP(share the money) group. Up ACN>>>UP FASHOLA>>>EKO O NI BAJE
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by DapoBear(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2010
This is an internet forum, minor spelling/grammatical errors hopefully shouldn't be assumed to be evidence of illiteracy.

But back on topic, eko o ni baje!  grin grin grin
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by bkbabe97y(m): 6:11am On Dec 04, 2010
Didnt some Ibo Governor go to Lagos a lil while back begging for money from its Security Trust Fund?
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by aljharem(m): 6:17am On Dec 04, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Didnt some Ibo Governor go to Lagos a lil while back begging for money from its Security Trust Fund?

and can i ask how that is ur business
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by AkinEgba: 6:45am On Dec 04, 2010
babapupa:

Unfortunately, many states especially the ones in the east where robberies a kidnappings are very rampant are not lifting a finger in the same direction. I guess as usual, they are waiting for the federal government to do that for them.

Lagos: Reign Of Robbers

Posted by The NEWS on November 30, 2010 (note the date of the article)

Despite the huge budgetary allocation to security in Lagos State, armed robbers continue to have their way

http://thenewsafrica.com/2010/11/30/lagos-reign-of-robbers/
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by AkinEgba: 6:50am On Dec 04, 2010
babapupa:

The security trust fund is doing great things for Lagosians and I'm glad that Lagosians and business are contributing to the fund and guaranteeing their own safety.

You tribal monkey

Now you know from my post above that Lagos still remains the den of robbers. And, whom are Ogun Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti waiting for? I guess there are no criminals in those states or they are no longer SW states?
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by AkinEgba: 6:53am On Dec 04, 2010
Armed robbers back in Lagos (Novermber 19, 2010)
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/19/armed-robbers-back-in-lagos/
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by AkinEgba: 6:58am On Dec 04, 2010
babapupa:

Have I burst your bubble enough? I believe Fasola did not send you to stoke the ember of tribalism toward the Ibo people who have contributed immensely toward the good of Lagos. Apparently, you live in a cave, that is why you do not know that robbers are still rampaging in Lagos even as you were licking Fasola's arse.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by AkinEgba: 7:14am On Dec 04, 2010
Crime: Lagos, Ogun Top In Armed Robbery
Tuesday, 09 November 2010 00:35 Wisdom Patrick, Lagos
E-mail Print

As both the Muslim and Christian faithful look forward to the Eid-el Kabir and Charismas celebrations respectively, criminal activities have also increased in some major states of the federation.

According to statistics from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) made available to LEADERSHIP in Lagos yesterday, Lagos and Ogun have overtaken Abia and Akwa Ibom states in cases of banditry and other related organised crimes. Following in that order are Oyo, Gombe, Katsina, Kano, Edo, Rivers and Anambra states.

The police report said in the last two months of September and October, Lagos and Ogun states recorded a total of 2,378 case of reported armed robbery. A breakdown of the statistics shows that Lagos recorded a total of 1,262 incidents of armed robbery, while Ogun State recorded over 1,100 cases of armed robbery.

It was also gathered that close to about 2,567 light weapons had entered Lagos through illegal means within the last two months. LEADERSHIP also gathered that apart from armed robbery, Lagos also took the lead in house break-ins.

It was gathered that Lagos recorded over 2,901 cases in burglary, while items ranging from GSM handsets and other valuables including Laptops computers were freely stolen. Police record also showed that police in Ogun State, however, arrested only five of the armed robbers in the months of September and October.

www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:92vGRKneyU0J:www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D19021:crime-lagos-ogun-top-in-armed-robbery%26catid%3D16:headline-news%26Itemid%3D102+armed+robbers+in+Lagos&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by DapoBear(m): 8:09am On Dec 04, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Given the Ibo population in Lagos, only on ignoramus will say they are not involved in crime in that state, but to say most of the crimes in Lagos are committed by Ibos is pure lie. Unless we are also willing to accept that most people living in Lagos are ibos.

Further flawed reasoning. A majority of the crime in the US is committed by AAs. Should we then say they are a majority? It is possible for one group of people to be more prone to criminality than others. After all, if you hear a story about some "Nigerian" being caught in Brazil with cocaine in his anus, what ethnic group is this person likely to be from, with 60%+ probability?
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by AkinEgba: 8:19am On Dec 04, 2010
^^^^
In like manner, would you agree that majority of credit card and other fraud are committed by Yoruba in US?
Would you agree that majority of the fake marriages are done by Yoruba in the UK?
Would you agree that more Yoruba youths have been killed in the US and UK for undisclosed reasons which could be due to their involvement in shady deals?
Would you agree that 90% of fake visa racketeers are from the SW?

You are a tribalist and the earlier I help unmask you the better it will be for the Yoruba.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by DapoBear(m): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2010
Akin-Egba:

^^^^
In like manner, would you agree that majority of credit card and other fraud are committed by Yoruba in US?
Would you agree that majority of the fake marriages are done by Yoruba in the UK?
Would you agree that more Yoruba youths have been killed in the US and UK for undisclosed reasons which could be due to their involvement in shady deals?
Would you agree that 90% of fake visa racketeers are from the SW?

You are a tribalist and the earlier I help unmask you the better it will be for the Yoruba.

It is what it is. If you want to believe that both groups are equally crime-prone, you are entitled to your belief. I've lived here in the US for 20+ years now and keep my eyes and ears pretty open. I've noticed certain trends here in the US among Nigerian immigrants, and from my observations and readings of Nigerian newspapers, those trends are also true in Nigeria. If this makes me a "tribalist", so be it.
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by stranger: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2010
DapoBear:

It is what it is. If you want to believe that both groups are equally crime-prone, you are entitled to your belief. I've lived here in the US for 20+ years now and keep my eyes and ears pretty open. I've noticed certain trends here in the US among Nigerian immigrants, and from my observations and readings of Nigerian newspapers, those trends are also true in Nigeria. If this makes me a "tribalist", so be it.

Just so you know, Akin Egba is an Ibo tribalist cu*m internet warrior; just like your gf, kobojunkie!
Re: See Why Why Armed Robbers Run Comot From Lagos. Pictures Don't Lie: by Judeylive(m): 10:17am On Dec 04, 2010
DapoBear:

Dapo, please, I reply your message on gmail already and you are yet to respond. Please do as soon as you can. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Military Coup In Nigeria / Oil Subsidy Is Fiction: By Prof. Tam David-west (its Import U Read Dis Interview) / Muslim Youths Guard Churches In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.