Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss (1021 Views)

Banker Friday Ayegba Arrested For Stealing N14.8m From Customer's Account / Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase / Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss by tinodam: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2020

Zenith Bank Plc has introduced a unique code that blocks a customer's account and protects the account holder’s funds in the event of mobile phone, ATM Card or hardware token loss.

The code  *966*911# also ensures that the account details of customers are not compromised.

Speaking at the launch of the new *966# Eazy Banking account protection code, the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Peter Amangbo stressed that the Bank has always been at the forefront of innovating products that enhance customer comfort and safety at all times.

He also pointed out that all debit transactions on an account would be prevented once the account holder dials *966*911# from any phone and follows the text prompts. Such a restriction can only be lifted when the customer visits a Zenith Bank branch in person.

The Bank MD also stressed that the *966*911# account control code is a flagship code aimed at further enhancing account security.

Before the introduction of this innovative product by Zenith Bank, account holders have lost huge sums of money that were illegally withdrawn due to their mobile phone and ATM cards being stolen.

In the coming weeks, we hope other banks will take a cue from one of Nigeria's leading banks and introduce the same product to ensure customer accounts are more secured regardless of whether they lost their phones or not.

https://www.techawkng.com/2020/01/04/zenith-bank-introduces-code/
Re: Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss by Yungmil: 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
All banks should do dis.
Re: Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss by fireback: 12:18am On Jan 05, 2020
Wait oo, how will I dial the code when the particular sim that is link to my account is inside the phone that was stolen. Will I have to go and retrieve my sim first before dialing the code.
Re: Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss by rottable(m): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2020
They should do it like you dial a code with your account number then # on any phone. That would be better. Access bank should emulate this guys
Re: Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss by sleeksavbvy: 9:18am On Jan 05, 2020
fireback:
Wait oo, how will I dial the code when the particular sim that is link to my account is inside the phone that was stolen. Will I have to go and retrieve my sim first before dialing the code.

You can use any phone number... N
Re: Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss by fireback: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2020
sleeksavbvy:

You can use any phone number... N
which means anybody who knows my account number can always block it with their own phone any time I provoke them.
Re: Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss by fireback: 9:55am On Jan 05, 2020
rottable:
They should do it like you dial a code with your account number then # on any phone. That would be better. Access bank should emulate this guys
it should be *966*911*account number*pin number#. dial with any phone at all. either the pin you use for ATM or the pin you use when transferring money on your phone.
Re: Zenith Bank Introduces Code To Block Customer Account In Event Of Phone Loss by sleeksavbvy: 1:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
fireback:
which means anybody who knows my account number can always block it with their own phone any time I provoke them.

LOL.... No dey over think am... I'm sure they will ask you some questions only you can provide answers to.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Refractory Cements And Tata Mortar @ #33,500 per bag For Boilers, furnaces, etc / Central Bank Of Nigeria And Failed Bank. / Investors Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.