Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Do Nigerians Really Accept Corruption - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do Nigerians Really Accept Corruption (558 Views)

Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. / Afcon 2o12- Are Nigerians Really Watching? / Do Nigerians Expect Too Much From The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Really Accept Corruption by 12large1: 5:34am On Dec 03, 2010
i just don't understand nigerians today england and usa lost a world cup berth instead of us being mad we are happy saying they deserve it because in quote "dem they do over sabi" please what is over sabi in investigating a case and trying to fish outs the cheats this is the same people that critisize their leaders all the time for curruption yet they support fifa now, also why the hate for england and usa look let me tell u for majority of us nigerians usa and england are our second home and we should be supporting them how may of u guys can even survive in russia or qater. anyway bbc there was absolutely nothing wrong with what you did is good as u put that curruption case out the same week at least it gaves us the idea of what fifa is really about
Re: Do Nigerians Really Accept Corruption by 12large1: 5:34am On Dec 03, 2010
discuss
Re: Do Nigerians Really Accept Corruption by Litmus: 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2010
We don't accept corruption, how to end corruption is what Nigerians are all about. We are on the verge of destroying ourselves simply by obsessing  over it.  However some of us are beginning to realise that the idea of corruption is more complex than we first thought. And believe me most nigerian always thought corruption a very intransigent thing.

To be brief, cause I'm thinking about our boy  Bawomolo, (may his soul rest in peace) we've come to realise that all Nations are corrupt in the truest sense but that the politics in which it is cloaked has long fooled us. For instance, British/English activities in FIFA,which is indeed a corrupt organization, has and is corrupt to a lesser or greater degree depending on which Nation in the organization you compere it to. England once made deals with Jack Warner (England to play a match in Trinidad and Tobago) to solicit his, Jack Warner support. Was this not an act of corruption? I'm not clear on how the following went but Africa was deprived of hosting the World Cup sometime ago because of behind the scene manoeuvrings between England, America and some Caribbean countries. Was this not an act of corruption? You might claim this is politics but my reply would be to  reference you to the point above in which i put it to you that we Nigerians and Africans have been blinded to corruption in the West because they cloak much of their corruption under levels of politics. This, as an aside, Politics and Corruption are the same thing but perhaps like Contradictions, they are part of human experience. Anyway, to continue: was the appropriation of Prime minister David Cameron and Prince William by the English lobbying team @ FIFA not an indication that a lot of bribery goes on behind the scene. I know that Prince William is the president of the Football Association but his presences there as well as that of the Prime Minister and so called big names, are essential to offer rewards in return for support.

The British can cry corruption as long as they want, but as far as i am concerned, they indulge in it also. They play their full part in the goings on in the underbelly of FIFA. I feel, at least for my part as a Nigerian, that all Nations have to own up to corruption and that it is only then that corruption can be brought under control. Otherwise those who point the finger only come out smelling of sour grapes and hypocrisy.

Incidentally:

When the English begin to call for a breakup of an organization as they are now doing, calling for the desolation  of FIFA, they send a massage to the rest of the world that they are up to their old Colonial Masters tricks. In this, the British act as if no international organization in the world is any good unless the British or Europeans are in  charge and  running it at all levels.

(1) (Reply)

Eneramo Fails To Impress Sochaux, Others / Fifa Probes Nigeria's 4-1 Defeat Of Argentina *nff, Batista Deny Wrongdoing / Lets Talk Abt Copa America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.