Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov (1428 Views)

Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Breaking- Former Gov TA Orji Arrested With Son / Obasanjo: Buhari Will Call Me 'Sir' Till I Die. I Made Him Win 2015 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov by Simongm(m): 6:41am On Jan 05, 2020
http://kogireports.com/2023-is-do-or-die-i-have-capacity-to-move-my-people-out-of-kogi-former-gov/?fbclid=IwAR2B6ZB0rlCUhXzOiIGAlw_zvnvwdmarYlUUNzV12UbR8jJ9fepcJmDyKeA

Former Governor of Kogi state, Asiwaju Clarence Olafemi has called on stakeholders in the state to ensure that 2023 governorship election in the state is fair to his people in the western senatorial district.
Speaking with newsmen in Lokoja on Friday, the former Speaker, Kogi State House of Assembly urged Governor Yahaya Bello to ensure fairness in 2023, warning that himself and others who want to retire will come back as combatants and change the narrative.
Olafemi said he did not regret the role he played during the last governorship election stressing that his primary responsibility is to protect his people.
He stated that if the people of Okun land see him as their political leader he cannot run away from it.
“The interest of my people is that they are minority. They are smaller than the the central and east in terms of population but we are well blessed. However, there is no way we can be governor unless we partner with other senatorial districts in the state.
“I governed this state accidentally. We must rule this state as a people and if they don’t I will move my people to join either Ekiti or Kwara. If our current struggle does not work I have the capacity to move my people out of Kogi State.
“When I met the governor Alhaji Yahaya Bello he expressed his concern that; my people are not with the ruling party they did not win any House of Assembly, they did not win Senate, they did not win general election, they did not win for the president, they did not win the senatorial election. On what ground do we want to now aspired to be governor and we are from the same old Kwara? And I told him that I will talk to my people and turn them around.
“To God be the glory, I achieved that. If I did not leave PDP I will not have achieved that. I proved to the governor that my people have moved. It is now left for him to be fair, it is now left for him to think and justified my commitment and sacrifice.
“I did not collect single Kobo from APC during the election but I can tell you 2023 is do or die. He must make sure that come 2023 there is fairness otherwise some of us who want to retire will come back as a combatant and we would change the narrative,” he warned.
The ex-governor described the pronouncement by President Muhammadu Buhari that he will retire from politics in 2023 as a new year gift for the people of Nigeria.
According to him, the recent pronouncement by the President has put rumour of a third term bid to rest, stressing that he has always respect President Buhari because he is very convinced that the President has the interest of Nigeria at heart.
“He has been able to hold Nigeria together in the last four years. He inherited a lot of problems over Nigeria. He met Boko Haram, he met Niger Delta militancy, he met the Benue crisis, he never invented them and none came during his tenure.
“I want to say that I congratulate him because is a president that came during turbulence. He is a president that I personally respect. For me the chapter is closed, there is no third term for Buhari. He came at a difficult time when the economy was in shambles. If only Nigerians realise their potential and refuse to be sentimental there is no divide among the people.
Chief Olafemi said the President will consolidate on making sure that Nigeria is together in 2020 adding that the President will make sure there is no war in the country.
“We have so many fragmented and structured in Nigeria and any attempt to spark war there will never be anything like Nigeria. His focus should be how to hand over a united Nigeria by the time he is going in 2023,” he said.

Re: 2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov by celeiyke: 10:20am On Jan 05, 2020
Same people who supports this man insult Nnamdi Kanu
Re: 2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov by Humphrizy(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2020
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first undecided
Re: 2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov by Blankstare(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2020
So okun people got Moses... didn't know.
Re: 2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:16am On Jan 05, 2020
Simongm:
http://kogireports.com/2023-is-do-or-die-i-have-capacity-to-move-my-people-out-of-kogi-former-gov/?fbclid=IwAR2B6ZB0rlCUhXzOiIGAlw_zvnvwdmarYlUUNzV12UbR8jJ9fepcJmDyKeA

“I did not collect single Kobo from APC during the election but I can tell you 2023 is do or die. He must make sure that come 2023 there is fairness otherwise some of us who want to retire will come back as a combatant and we would change the narrative,” he warned.
Empty threats

For the mere facts that you encouraged people to vote for Yahaya Bello despite all his failures, you will reap what you sow!!!

All he will just do is to send Fulani herdsmen to bundle or kidnap you and the rest is history!

Selfish people
Re: 2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov by DrKKK1(m): 11:36am On Jan 05, 2020
The question of who succeed governor Yahaya Bello is a very critical one. The Igala delegates voted overwhelming for him to come second to the late prince Audu, the Igala lost Prince Audu to pave way for GYB and they overwhelmingly supported him for second term. On the side of okun nation, they came from the same Kwara state with ebira people, they suffer the same marginalization with ebira in the hand of igala dominance, whereas igala has ruled the state since creation for 25 years until 2015, the okun has never ruled the state and if they don't have the seat in 2023 only God knows when it will come to them. The okun also work assiduously for the second coming of GYB. Igalas are waiting in the wings hoping that to whom much is given much is expected while the okun feel that blood is ticker than water. I think it's high time all the stakeholders in the state seat at a round table to officially put into writing the order of ascendance to the governorship position of Kogi state as its zoned in some other states. The era of continuous dominance by one part in the name of democracy that doesn't develop the state should be jettisoned in the spirit of fairplay and unity. May God guide the young governor to the right choice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Igbo Elder In Borno Named His Son After Professor Zulum / Edo 2020: APC gets factional secretariats / NBM Kicks Over Proscription In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.