Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (452 Views)

I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army / Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Chevrolet076(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2020
Re: . by edoairways: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2020
Chevrolet076
Start with masters degree and then PhD

1 Like

Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2020
edoairways:
Chevrolet076
Start with masters degree and then PhD

i thought of that too, but someone said that being that my degree is BSc.Ed rather than BSc alone, that's why i'm still concerned.

and again, are there any other experiences required apart from the traditional masters and phd degrees.
Re: . by edoairways: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2020
Chevrolet076:

i thought of that too, but someone said that being that my degree is BSc.Ed rather than BSc alone, that's why i'm still concerned.

and again, are there any other experiences required apart from the traditional masters and phd degrees.

There is nothing wrong with B.edu. You further in edu by studying M.edu and PhD but the issue is when you switch to pure science. You may asked to do some undergraduate courses before you can start master of science. Aside that I doubt if there is any issue. As for experience, start assisting your supervisors or any lecturer in teaching and marking or volunteer to lecture for free for certain years to gather experience

1 Like

Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2020
edoairways:

You further in edu by studying M.edu and PhD

actually, i want to further in the sciences. environmental chemistry to be precise.

but the issue is when you switch to pure science. You may asked to do some undergraduate courses before you can start master of science.
is it the same as doing the postgraduate diploma in science?

Aside that I doubt if there is any issue. As for experience, start assisting your supervisors or any lecturer in teaching and marking or volunteer to lecture for free for certain years to gather experience

i really appreciate your prompt reply sir/ma
Re: . by edoairways: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2020
Chevrolet076:

actually, i want to further in the sciences. environmental chemistry to be precise.

is it the same as doing the postgraduate diploma in science?

i really appreciate your prompt reply sir/ma
No it is not. In postgraduate diploma you take courses and then write project but the one I highlighted doesn't take project. Some department or schools allow you to start m.sc without studying postgraduate diploma, see your university brochure for information or visit your department for clarification
Re: . by Chevrolet076(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2020
edoairways:

No it is not. In postgraduate diploma you take courses and then write project but the one I highlighted doesn't take project. Some department or schools allow you to start m.sc without studying postgraduate diploma, see your university brochure for information or visit your department for clarification

thanks so much sir, i'll inquire in my school tomorrow.

i hope i can message you later as i proceed?

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is It About The Number 3? / Entry Level Salary / "---" The Longest Word With All The Letters In Alphabetical Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.