Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is The New Birth, Salvation Giving Your Life To Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The New Birth, Salvation Giving Your Life To Christ? (221 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The New Birth, Salvation Giving Your Life To Christ? by tunde4top(m): 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
I Gave my life to Christ !

The above phrase must have been used by me for several years since salvation.

I had affirmed it as what happened as soon as I heard the gospel and believed.

Phrases used by us so frequently depict our understanding of scriptures.

Particularly the new birth is such that our thinking around it usually affects how we see every other issue

E.W.Kenyon( foremost bible teacher of the 20th century ) once said "Every denomination is defined by their view of the new birth .

Is the new birth ,salvation giving your life to Christ .

I searched all through the epistles and four gospels and book of acts and such phrase didn't correlate with what was written at all

John 1:12 KJV
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Faith in Christ is receiving not giving to Christ .

This pervades the entire teaching of salvation and the new birth

Acts 8:14 KJV
[14] Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

They received the word not gave to Him or it .

Believing is not giving but receiving

Since salvation and forgiveness of sins aren't rewards ,one can only receive.[/b

Very vital is that the unsaved man had nothing to give .

Titus 3:5-6 KJV
[5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6] Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

He's pronounced spiritually dead and such had no life to live to be given

Ephesians 2:1 KJV
[1] And you hath he quickened , who were dead in trespasses and sins;

A man raised from the dead didn't give .

He only received.

This is the true meaning of salvation.

Maybe the term ought to have been used for other things ,like service

Just like Jesus used it

Matthew 10:39 KJV
[39] He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Persecution is the subject matter here

Matthew 10:25,28,38 KJV
[25] It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Persecution in ministry work and service ,not salvation or the new birth .

Giving only happens when we serve not to be saved

Paul used the same phrase too

2 Corinthians 8:5 KJV
[5] And this they did , not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.

Service.

At salvation and the new birth ,We don't give our lives to Christ .

We receive .God is the only giver here

Romans 8:32 KJV
[32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

We have nothing to lay claims to here

Romans 4:4-5 KJV
[4] Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
[5] But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Just like Abraham here .

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Our only action was to take from what God gave .

Hence no boasting about our response .

There's only one response ,it's faith

Romans 3:27 KJV
[27] Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

We didn't give our lives to be saved .

We receive His and we are saved .

Then we serve Him out of love not to be saved or be kept saved.

Maybe many of us need to shift in our minds ,

Maybe if this seeming little phrase which could easily go unnoticed could be effected to reflect its right use , many would see clearly and more visibly what actually happened ..

Not an exchange of lives ,but a NEW BIRTH.

From death to life

Not what we gave ,but what we received.

You are blessed

Copied!!!
Re: Is The New Birth, Salvation Giving Your Life To Christ? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
tunde4top:
I Gave my life to Christ !

The above phrase must have been used by me for several years since salvation.

I had affirmed it as what happened as soon as I heard the gospel and believed.

Phrases used by us so frequently depict our understanding of scriptures.

Particularly the new birth is such that our thinking around it usually affects how we see every other issue

E.W.Kenyon( foremost bible teacher of the 20th century ) once said "Every denomination is defined by their view of the new birth .

Is the new birth ,salvation giving your life to Christ .

I searched all through the epistles and four gospels and book of acts and such phrase didn't correlate with what was written at all

John 1:12 KJV
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Faith in Christ is receiving not giving to Christ .

This pervades the entire teaching of salvation and the new birth

Acts 8:14 KJV
[14] Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

They received the word not gave to Him or it .

Believing is not giving but receiving

Since salvation and forgiveness of sins aren't rewards ,one can only receive.[/b

Very vital is that the unsaved man had nothing to give .

Titus 3:5-6 KJV
[5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6] Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

He's pronounced spiritually dead and such had no life to live to be given

Ephesians 2:1 KJV
[1] And you hath he quickened , who were dead in trespasses and sins;

A man raised from the dead didn't give .

He only received.

This is the true meaning of salvation.

Maybe the term ought to have been used for other things ,like service

Just like Jesus used it

Matthew 10:39 KJV
[39] He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Persecution is the subject matter here

Matthew 10:25,28,38 KJV
[25] It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Persecution in ministry work and service ,not salvation or the new birth .

Giving only happens when we serve not to be saved

Paul used the same phrase too

2 Corinthians 8:5 KJV
[5] And this they did , not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.

Service.

At salvation and the new birth ,We don't give our lives to Christ .

We receive .God is the only giver here

Romans 8:32 KJV
[32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

We have nothing to lay claims to here

Romans 4:4-5 KJV
[4] Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
[5] But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Just like Abraham here .

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Our only action was to take from what God gave .

Hence no boasting about our response .

There's only one response ,it's faith

Romans 3:27 KJV
[27] Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

We didn't give our lives to be saved .

We receive His and we are saved .

Then we serve Him out of love not to be saved or be kept saved.

Maybe many of us need to shift in our minds ,

Maybe if this seeming little phrase which could easily go unnoticed could be effected to reflect its right use , many would see clearly and more visibly what actually happened ..

Not an exchange of lives ,but a NEW BIRTH.

From death to life

Not what we gave ,but what we received.

You are blessed

Copied!!!
spot on brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Steps In Receiving Genuine Salvation That Will Serve As A Passport To HEAVEN. / If The Blood Of Jesus Purifies Us From All Sin, Should We Still Be Sinful? / Calls For 'virginity Repair' Surgery To Be Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.