Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,612 members, 7,847,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community (1079 Views)

Bomb Planted By Army Explodes In Yobe, Kills Three Soldiers, Wounds Others / Mutiny, As Armed Bandits Turn Guns Against Each Other In Niger Community / Three Soldiers Killed, 8 Others Injured In Gunfight With Boko Haram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by Sunofgod(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
From Justina Asishana, Minna
Four soldiers including an Army Captain have been killed by armed gunmen in an ambush in Sarkin Pawa in Munya local government area of Niger state.

Three other soldiers were injured in the ambush.

The deceased include a Captain who led the soldiers in the operation, a Staff Sergeant and two Corporals.

The Soldiers were said to have responded to distress calls from Gwar community in Munya local government where the gunmen had invaded and were carrying out a house to house raid.

The soldiers, upon receiving the distress call, mobilized from their base in Zazzaga community and headed to Gwar community accompanied by some armed policemen in their armored vehicle.

Read Also: Gunmen abduct septuagenarian in Ondo
It was learned that the gunmen had taken off when they sighted the soldiers but laid an ambush for the soldiers who had followed them into the bush.

The gunmen were said to have started firing immediately the soldiers entered into the bush where they had laid ambush killing the Captain on the spot.

The other three soldiers were killed during the gun battle between the soldiers and the gunmen which lasted for over an hour.

The gunmen burnt two Hilux vans of the soldiers and went away with the Soldiers Machine Gun (MG) riffle.

The Chairman of Munya local government, Alhaji Mohammed Garba Dazz confirmed the incident to newsmen saying the gunmen numbering 30 had invaded the village and held them hostage for hours before the soldiers came to their rescue.

“I personally provided logistics to the soldiers before they left for the operation, both the soldiers and the police were overpowered due to a large number of the gunmen.

“One hour after they left for the scene, they came back with bullets holes in their armored vehicle and the glass shattered.

“As I speak with you now, they have killed four soldiers and three others seriously injured. They have also burnt the Hilux Van of the soldiers.

“The bodies of the soldiers have been brought to the Sarkin Power police station and am just from there. That is all I can tell you for now”, he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/army-captain-three-soldiers-killed-by-gunmen-in-niger-community/
Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by Earlystar698(m): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
FTC

may we never die before our time

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by Citytrend: 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
Please call them Boko Haram not Gun men

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by Spechialone(f): 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
Heart wrenching!

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by profnigga(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hmmmm!
i can smell ww3 @ d corner.. abeg iran my hand no dey oo

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by aremuforlife(m): 9:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Inside job
Leaked information

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by Simplyleo: 9:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ambush still remains one of the most dangerous attacking techniques that have defied solutions even by the best military all over the world.

RIP to the slain captain and his men.
Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by greatdreamer(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dividend of visa on arrival for foreign terrorists by local terrorists
If it in eastern Nigeria that armed men killed soldiers, Burattai would have ordered the entire village to be razed down, men, woman and children murder in cold blood
Hopeless country

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by GamalNasser: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Gunmen or herdsmen?

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by delpee(f): 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
My fear is that the Nigerian Police will not be able to cope with these "unknown gunmen" if and when they takeover from the military as stated by the President.

May the departed souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by Olugbanko: 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
aremuforlife:
Inside job Leaked information
did you read the writeup at all?

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by aremuforlife(m): 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Olugbanko post=85536904]did you read the writeup at all?
Yes i do
If there is a thoroughfull investigation, owo ma kan owo

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by thatigboman: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
Citytrend:
Please call them Boko Haram not Gun men
it's those zamfara terrorists

1 Like

Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by Xisnin(m): 1:55am On Jan 06, 2020
Sunofgod:
From Justina Asishana, Minna

“One hour after they left for the scene, they came back with bullets holes in their armored vehicle and the glass shattered.

“As I speak with you now, they have killed four soldiers and three others seriously injured. They have also burnt the Hilux Van of the soldiers.

“The bodies of the soldiers have been brought to the Sarkin Power police station and am just from there. That is all I can tell you for now”, he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/army-captain-three-soldiers-killed-by-gunmen-in-niger-community/
Here is the problem.
How can armored vehicle glass be shattered from ordinary rifle fires?
Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by Gandollar(f): 2:55am On Jan 06, 2020
Burantai food is almost ready, you just have to add python meat to poison all the villagers that killed your men.

No casualty was recorded on the side of the gunmen.

Trained armed federal forces, one of the best in Africa, engaged bloody civilians in a gun battle and could not even capture or kill just one of them.

Shame! Shame! Shame!
Re: Army Captain, Three Soldiers Killed By Gunmen In Niger Community by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 4:05am On Jan 06, 2020
How can soldiers be killed like this?

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: More Troubles For Nigeria As Oil Price Crashes Below $20 — / SEGA SEGA L'éveilleur. A Prolific Fake News Peddler Is Getting Exposed And Mad / I’ll Appear In A Live Broadcast Tomorrow, To Show I’m Alive – Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.