Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,916 members, 7,838,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide (58981 Views)

Nigerian Government Calls New York Policemen On Anti-buhari Protesters / Suhaila Ibrahim Zakzaky With Soleimani's Daughter In Iran (Photos) / IGP Adamu Orders For Investigation Of Policemen Displaying APC 4+4 Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by naptu2: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Here it is, I see it and already responded.

In north christians were targeted. These included northern christians, midbelt christians, southwest christians, ss christians, se christians.

In Onitsha, nother muslims lived there, midbelt muslims lived there, sw muslims lived there, ss muslims livsd there and se muslims lived in Onitsha. Can you not see that only northern muslims were attacked? It is not religious but ethnic.

I repeat, we have never had a religious conflict in South....and no one should paint us with that brush.

Come on man!

1) No where in the article did it say that "only northerners were attacked", but more importantly

2) These are two quotes from two different people that were involved in the attacks. Why did they reference religion and not ethnicity?? These were people that were actually involved in the attacks. Come on man!

Ifeanyi Ese, a 34-year-old Christian, stood amid the concrete rubble of a mosque. “We don’t want these mosques here anymore. These people are causing all the problems all over the world because they don’t fear God,” he said.

He angrily scrawled “Mohammed is a man, but Jesus is from above” with a burned stick on a shattered wall.

“The Muslims brought this fracas,” said Ezekiel Haledon, a Christian, looking at a burned body in a potholed street in Onitsha, its teeth bared by scorched lips.

“It’s not a Christian act to kill your neighbor,” he said. “But it’s like that.”
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by MetaPhysical: 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
naptu2:

Come on man!

1) No where in the article did it say that "only northerners were attacked", but more importantly

2) These are two quotes from two different people that were involved in the attacks. Why did they reference religion and not ethnicity?? These were people that were actually involved in the attacks. Come on man!

Its not uncommon for Nigerian media and bloggers to interchange north and muslim. If a report comes out today that a northerner was killed people will automatically conclude its muslim. This is a given.

Im going to let it rest, i believe i made my disaagreement with the IGP clear enough.
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by naptu2: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Its not uncommon for Nigerian media and bloggers to interchange north and muslim. If a report comes out today that a northerner was killed people will automatically conclude its muslim. This is a given.

Im going to let it rest, i believe i made my disaagreement with the IGP clear enough.

This article was not written by any Nigerian media or blogger. It's from the Associated Press and the NBC (both American news outfits). There was no interchanging anything. The fact is that it was an ethno-religious crisis. It was a religious crisis and the people clearly expressed their feelings. The words of those two men did not arise from an interchanging of anything. One of them said that, "These people are the ones causing problem all over the world". Are you saying that he was saying that northerners are the ones causing problems all over the world?

The feelings that those guys expressed are not new. You can easily find them all over Nairaland. I posted on a thread in which some people were saying that there are no Igbo muslims (even though there are) and declaring that they will not allow Islam in Igboland/Biafra. That is clearly religious and it's those same type of sentiments that the rioters expressed. There was clearly no interchanging of anything.

Now I'm certain that you were just arguing for the sake of arguing because nobody would say that it wasn't a religious riot despite all the evidence in that article and nobody would blame Nigerian media or bloggers for an article that was written by the NBC and sourced from AP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by MetaPhysical: 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
naptu2:

This article was not written by any Nigerian media or blogger. It's from the Associated Press and the NBC (both American news outfits). There was no interchanging anything. The fact is that it was an ethno-religious crisis. It was a religious crisis and the people clearly expressed their feelings. The words of those two men did not arise from an interchanging of anything. One of them said that, "These people are the ones causing problem all over the world". Are you saying that he was saying that northerners are the ones causing problems all over the world?

The feelings that those guys expressed are not new. You can easily find them all over Nairaland. I posted on a thread in which some people were saying that there are no Igbo muslims (even though there are) and declaring that they will not allow Islam in Igboland/Biafra. That is clearly religious and it's those same type of sentiments that the rioters expressed. There was clearly no interchanging of anything.

Now I'm certain that you were just arguing for the sake of arguing because nobody would say that it wasn't a religious riot despite all the evidence in that article and nobody would blame Nigerian media or bloggers for an article that was written by the NBC and sourced from AP.

Boss,
The fact it came from American press even made it worse. They do not understand the nuances of ethno-religious divide between the different ethnic groups in Nigeria. Their reporting is hearsay.

How many Northers can differentiate between Urhobo and Ibo, or Nupe and Yoruba?

How many Southerners know that Adamu Lawan may not necessarily be a Northern muslim....he could be a Christian and worships every Sunday at COCIN?

If we are still struggling with such thin lines....imagine the difficulty for a foreign media to get it right.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by naptu2: 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Boss,
The fact it came from American press even made it worse. They do not understand the nuances of ethno-religious divide between the different ethnic groups in Nigeria. Their reporting is hearsay.

How many Northers can differentiate between Urhobo and Ibo, or Nupe and Yoruba?

How many Southerners know that Adamu Lawan may not necessarily be a Northern muslim....he could be a Christian and worships every Sunday at COCIN?

If we are still struggling with such thin lines....imagine the difficulty for a foreign media to get it right.

grin

OOooooookkkkkk. Nigerian press cannot get it right. Foreign press cannot get it right, but only MetaPhysical press can get it right.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's obvious now. There's no need to continue. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing and I don't engage in that type of thing. This is my last post on this matter because the truth is obvious to the blind.

1 Like

Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by naptu2: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
Iran: Shi’ites, Others Protest In FCT, Burn US Flag, Block Highway
https://www.nairaland.com/5617244/iran-shiites-others-protest-fct#85562274
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by Nature8(m): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2020
conductor250:
Iberibe ajoka cheesy
I tell you my brother grin
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by MetaPhysical: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2020
naptu2:

OOooooookkkkkk. Nigerian press cannot get it right. Foreign press cannot get it right, but only MetaPhysical press can get it right.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's obvious now. There's no need to continue. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing and I don't engage in that type of thing. This is my last post on this matter because the truth is obvious to the blind.

grin grin grin

Even the IGP got it wrong!

God bless my brother!! You are always the BEST! grin
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by Ryan03(f): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2020
charliboy654:

Boko Haram is actually an internal struggle, in US, the FBI and cia take on terrorist, u know the FBI are also Police. Can Nigeria police do what the FBI does?
are Nigeria police as equipped or well paid like the FBI? Do they undergo the kinda training FBI undergo? Which kind comparison be this?
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by Ryan03(f): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
West2019:
internal wat why are the police running away from boko haram? why are not dem in the battle field ,why did the IG refuse to deployed them to Northeast .
so the police men that died in the north east are not from npf abi you think say na only army dey die for this npf matter? Bokoharam is a body that threatens the peace of the country and they use sophisticated weapons that only the military in Nigeria are allowed to use. Before you enter an argument, read well on it
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by ParpahSeventy: 7:41am On Jan 07, 2020
Seems you are a joke to me, ur stupidity is topnotch, you talk about those who are killing and maiming can't go to heaven, who does that to fulfill religious obligations? Is it not you and your fellow jihadists? Does blocking the roads and slamming your heads on the floor become a qualification for heaven? You talk about miniskirt, those scams wearing hijab and nicap that gets fvcked by alhajis old enough to be their grandfather what do you tag them? Am sure you won't know where to turn when given a bible, why don't quote the passage of the bible that stated what you wrote here, by the way, you guys are promised 7 virgins in your heaven, what do they give to the girls that wraps themselves up in pretence day and night? Or are they the ones that undergo factory reset (after series of fvcking and drug abuse) and get distributed to u guys like ashawos? If u are so decent as u claim, ur "prophet" wouldn't use pu§y to lure u to "paradise". You are a million miles from knowing what is called GOD, when u are close, u can get help.
Solorrman:
I am in my sense better than u and ur papa. I wanted to tell u how u people are insane in worshipping Jesus Christ who has anus,and penix ,it doesn't matter if i have use or seen a good toilet or i use to shitt in the bush. I am not a God or his prophet u dnt need to compare me with Jesus,he is more than me in anything as a prophet of God but i was indicating to u that a God can never go to toilet to defeacate as Jesus Christ does,am telling u a God can never come out via woman's vagina no matter pure she was,a God can never cry and be thrashed no matter how strong one can be,a good is ultimate and mighty he lack nothing,he resembles not me nor ur ogogoro drinking father,he don't accept only dancing and singing as a ticket to paradise because even obasanjo can not accept this disturbance all Sundays,infact nobody in any religious book tell u to worship God on Sundays,Jesus was sent to the Jews as he replied ",i was sent to the lost sheep of Israel" u are a black orangutan Jesus never knows u and nobody sent him to u,in the bublia it was narrated that women should only talk or make a sound after asking permission from their husbands,it was also noted in ur bublia that if u are fighting with some one and suddenly ur wife came to ur aid by graping that man's penix u should cut the hands that grap it. That's what u either dnt know it's in the Bible or chooses to leap over because only in Bible one would find such a sexy and romantic preach which is not even safe for children to be told. Am talking of mini skirt and alcoholism that u made as a normal way of life,u tend to insult the Muslims because nairaland belongs to igbos,the admin does nothing about it,u dnt even know it's u who worth insulting if need arise,with all ur brain,professors,doctors and whatever u dnt know that u would never get passage to heaven by dancing and depicting Jesus Christ as God who never once said he was a God in fact shedding his blood for u was a lie,if u kill or maimed anybody u will be surprised to see how the real God would held u accountable. God of anus and penix
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by tck2000(m): 11:41am On Jan 07, 2020
Re: Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide by Theowise(f): 11:46am On Jan 07, 2020
Weapon producing nations are talking. Country wey no fit produce matches let alone banger dey put mouth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Buys A 2015 Slingshot - Sahara Reporters / Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan With Ipad At Inauguration (Photo) / Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.