Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? (24205 Views)

Salah, Osimhen Or Hakimi... Who Deserves CAF 2023 Best Player Award? / Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? / 2019 CAF Awards: Osimhen & Chukwueze Lose Young Player Award To Achraf Hakimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by superlanny(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Oshimen oooooooo

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by DaddyMorenike: 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
Story! Ashraf of morroco wins!!!!
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Samueltemi337(m): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
ybalogs:
We can't rule Hakimi off totally though. He had a stellar season for club and country also. Just that his position hardly wins any notable awards.
What did Morocco achieved last year
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Lagbaja01(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Is your name Felix?
ybalogs:
If my Mother is a Chemist, and my Father is a Mathematician. And they gave a Code to my name "Iron59"!.

*Question: What is my Real Name?*

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Lamasta(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
I give it to Chukwueze for is exploit at the AFCON with all due respect to Victor Osimhen

2 Likes

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by victorazyvictor(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Clint02:
Osimhen will win it.

grin Yoruba man spotted.
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by dadabashua1(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
It's a win win situation, anyone that eventually win it is ok..

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by DaddyMorenike: 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
ybalogs:
If my Mother is a Chemist, and my Father is a Mathematician. And they gave a Code to my name "Iron59"!.

mumu
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by BusolaDakolo: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Old papas forming young player. Mtchew
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by CSTR2: 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Osimhen.

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
churchee:
I'd rather go for Chukwueze, he is a game changer.
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Jackipapa: 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
He will make his Super Eagles debut last year,

Are you reading what I read!
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Jackipapa: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
k
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dont be surprise when they give the award to the Morrocan guy.. If only you know the way CAF and our fellow africans hate Nigeria so much.

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Samueltemi337(m): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
tommyken:
Dont be surprise when they give the award to the Morrocan guy.. If only you know the way CAF and our fellow africans hate Nigeria so much.

So true
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Zuorom: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
Osimhen

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by JayPeeOham: 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
omokoginimi:
” He will make his Super Eagles debut last year”

Wtf! He will last year? Na wa o

ROTFL grin
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Viciyke00(m): 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
Chukwueze all the way

That guy is good
And he deserves the award
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by jayson87: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
lol... Nigerians and gullibility. You will give both over Hakimi
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Correcto: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Chukwueze deserves it but I won't be surprise if Nigerians tribalise this issue. I am Yoruba though.
robosky02:
It will be a straight shootout between Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze for the 2019 CAF Young Player of the Year.

The third nominee on the shortlist will be Achraf Hakimi from Morocco.

The awards ceremony will be staged in Egypt tomorrow night.

Both Osimhen and Chukwueze enjoyed a great breakthrough 2019 for both club and country.

The two forwards from the U17 World Cup-winning team of 2015 used the past year to announce their arrival in Europe.

Centre-forward Osimhen scored a harvest of goals for Sporting Charleroi on loan from German Bundesliga club Wolfsburg to earn a big-money transfer to French Ligue 1 side Lille.

And he has since gone on to justify this move by featuring among the leading scorers in the French top flight so much so that the talk now is of a bigger club in a bigger league.

Eagles stars Samuel Chukwueze (left) and Victor Osimhen (right). Who wins Tuesday night?
‘Samu’, on the other hand, caught the eye for La Liga outfit Villarreal with his exciting runs and tricky from the right-side of attack.

He will make his Super Eagles debut last year, three years after Osimhen did but it was he who enjoyed more playing time at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt, where the Eagles finished third.

Osimhen has since filled in for the retired Odion Ighalo as the arrow head of Nigeria’s attack with a flourish of goals and he could now edge past Chukwueze for the prestigious CAF prize that has previously been scooped by the likes of Mikel Obi and Wilfred Ndidi.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/2019-caf-young-player-of-year-osimhen-or-chukwueze/

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by NoChill: 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
omokoginimi:
” He will make his Super Eagles debut last year”

Wtf! He will last year? Na wa o

Mehn the thing off me
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by enemmo(f): 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
ybalogs:

Ferrous (Fe) 5(e) 9(i

Feei

Or Feyi in yoruba

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by FutureFocus: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
In a situation where the West Africans votes is being share by two candidates , the North African candidate may win.

1 Like

Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Edge1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2020
You need to see how Chukwueze swiftly drives from right wing to center with amazing speed and dribbling.
Thank boy is good.
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Clint02(m): 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
victorazyvictor:

grin Yoruba man spotted.
Lol abeg ooo,I no be Yoruba man oo.
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by Slynation(m): 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
klever18:
wtf? achraf Hakimi will win this
My thought anyways.... Dortmund is a better team than Villareal and Lille....

Having Dortmund and Real Madrid in his CV will give him more advantage, meanwhile the guy is even scoring goals and assisting from his position
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by einsteine(m): 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
It will shock you that it will go to Hakimi
Re: 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? by einsteine(m): 3:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
Samueltemi337:
What did Morocco achieved last year

It's an election. Never forget that.

Apart from that, the guy is a defender who has scored more champions League goals than Chukwueze. He has also played for Madrid and Dortmund, both bigger teams than either of Lille or Villarreal.

Edited: Hakimi wins. Hope arrogant Nigerians and the OP can see now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mario Zagallo Dies At 92 (Photos) / Sadiq Umar Named In Europa League Team Of The Week / Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.