Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion (760 Views)

FEC Approves ₦1.07 Billion Lie Detector, Night Vision Goggle Devices For NDLEA / Shehu Sani Vs Dauda: EFCC Mulls Lie Detector Test To Determine Liar / Senator Shehu Sani Suspended From APC Indefinitely (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 07, 2020
The drama over the $24,000 allegedly extorted from a businessman continued on Monday with the suspect, Senator Shehu Sani, refusing to take a lie detector test.

Sani said he preferred to swear by the Holy Qur’an than subjecting himself to Polygraph, which can detect if he lied on oath.

Also, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ASD Motors, Sani Dauda, who is the complainant, has not withdrawn his petition against the Senator.

Dauda, who has been under pressure to withdraw his petition, will appear tomorrow before the EFCC investigation team. Both Sani and his wife might undergo polygraph tomorrow.

It was learnt that the senator was moved out of his detention cell on Monday to the Polygraph Clinic in the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) annex in Wuse 2, Abuja.

But upon reaching the polygraph machine, the senator said he would not subject himself to a “lie detector test”.

He was quoted as saying: “I won’t take the test; I do not trust the machine. I am not sure whether or not the machine is working well. Instead of polygraph, give me the Holy Qur’an to swear with.”

It was learnt that EFCC detectives later asked Senator Sani to “put his resistance in a statement on oath for record purposes”.

A highly-placed source said: “Following his refusal, our detectives did not force him to go through the test.

“But they asked him to write a statement on his refusal to undergo polygraph because he had earlier sworn by his grave but he has not been straightforward.”

There were indications last night that the test might be administered tomorrow on the accuser, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ASD Motors, Alhaji Sani Dauda, and his wife.

The source added: “Mrs. Dauda was expected to be interrogated on Monday (yesterday) but she was slightly indisposed. The complainant got in touch with us and promised to come with his wife on Wednesday.

So far, Dauda has not withdrawn his petition against Senator Sani because he told our team that he was sure of his facts.

“On his part, Sani said he did not extort any money from Dauda. The job of the investigators is to get to the root of transactions between the accuser and the accused. We will crack this case.”

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Ibrahim Tank Mohammed, on Sunday, demanded a thorough probe into the alleged extortion.

Dauda, in his petition, gave graphic details of how Shehu Sani allegedly met him four times to pester him to part with the $24,000 (N8.6 million).

He said: “On November 14, 2019, Senator Shehu Sani came to my residence in Kaduna State to sympathise with me with regard to a case that happened.

“After few days, he came back to meet me again on November 19, 2019 in the night in my Abuja residence and told me that he had spoken to the Chief Justice of Nigeria regarding my case with one Abubakar and mentioned that the CJN was unhappy.

“He added that the CJN said Abubakar had some pending cases with the EFCC and that he would instruct EFCC to bring up the cases.

“Senator Shehu Sani further told me that the CJN had told four judges not to look into any case related to my case, which Abubakar brought to them.”

“When he left my house, he called back, saying that I should give N1 million each to the four judges and another N1 million for the EFCC officials.

“On November 20, 2019, Senator Shehu Sani came back to my residence in Abuja to collect N5,000.000.00 in equivalent of dollars for the four judges and EFCC officials.”

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/senator-shehu-sani-shuns-lie-detector-test-alleged-24000-extortion-272664/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 07, 2020
I guess he already knows the lie detector test will show he is guilty.

Ex senator now turned fraudster. Yet was the champion of some ipobians because he was speaking against Buhari.

Okay o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by iornenge81(m): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2020
Hahahaha, what do you expect
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by Xisnin(m): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2020
I don't think the accuser is totally lying.
He may be exaggerating but the details he gave can't all be lies.

It is a shame that Sanni, a senator who received 30 million Naira monthly stoop so low
to become common fraudster.

Nonetheless, the extortion case cannot stand since Sanni has no judicial nor prosecutorial powers
over the victim.
The worst charges Sanni can face is fraud.
But EFCC will have a hard time proving the case since the alleged payment was in cash.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2020
grin
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by abbeyie007(m): 11:06am On Jan 07, 2020
Don't trust any machine made by human being
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by inoki247: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
Xisnin:
I don't think the accuser is totally lying.
He may be exaggerating but the details he gave can't all be lies.

It is a shame that Sanni, a senator who received 30 million Naira monthly stoop so low
to become common fraudster.

Nonetheless, the extortion case cannot stand since Sanni has no judicial nor prosecutorial powers
over the victim.
The worst charges Sanni can face is fraud.
But EFCC will have a hard time proving the case since the alleged payment was in cash.

You guys will just be taking side anyhow without thinking Logically. They said and I quote
[/b] When he left my house, he called back, saying that I should give N1 million each to the four judges and another N1 million for the EFCC officials.[b]

why can't EFCC go to d service provider and get the call Transcript.. we are in d world of Technology u guys will just see anything online nd choose to believe without thinking..
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by itsme01: 1:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
grin

Politicians are the biggest fraudsters ever... one guy even scams people with his office inside Aso Rock complex...

Mr shehu should not fear a polygraph test since the result would be available to him to crosscheck and argue

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by Xisnin(m): 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
inoki247:

You guys will just be taking side anyhow without thinking Logically. They said and I quote
[/b] When he left my house, he called back, saying that I should give N1 million each to the four judges and another N1 million for the EFCC officials.[b]

why can't EFCC go to d service provider and get the call Transcript.. we are in d world of Technology u guys will just see anything online nd choose to believe without thinking..
You described yourself accurately at the bold.
You have a brain but you can't use it.
Do you think Sheu Sanni and EFCC agents are so dumb that they have not thought of the
call logs?
To Sheu Sanni, such a call log will free him from all accusations and to EFCC, which will give them
a slam dunk case. If it isn't being currently pursued, it means they can't get it yet or it is inconclusive.
It is not because you are smarter than everyone involved(you are not).

Your submission is what happens when a village champion decides to play internationally
or when a movie addict thinks Hollywood script gives him a total knowledge of the CIA.

Here are the facts, in case you are struggling to understand them.
Sheu and the MD know each other as confirmed by both parties.
They have been involved in monetary deals as confirmed by both parties.

Only a fool will believe that a dealer will just wake up one day and make up a long line of lies just to discredit
a known associate who is currently out of power.

Money was exchanged, that is a fact, the only bone of contention is the purpose of the exchange.
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by joelbooks: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
grin grin grin
Pastor to Instrumentalists

Instrumentalists to Pastor

Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by inoki247: 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
Xisnin:

You described yourself accurately at the bold.
You have a brain but you can't use it.
Do you think Sheu Sanni and EFCC agents are so dumb that they have not thought of the
call logs?
To Sheu Sanni, such a call log will free him from all accusations and to EFCC, which will give them
a slam dunk case. If it isn't being currently pursued, it means they can't get it yet or it is inconclusive.
It is not because you are smarter than everyone involved(you are not).

Your submission is what happens when a village champion decides to play internationally
or when a movie addict thinks Hollywood script gives him a total knowledge of the CIA.

Here are the facts, in case you are struggling to understand them.
Sheu and the MD know each other as confirmed by both parties.
They have been involved in monetary deals as confirmed by both parties.

Only a fool will believe that a dealer will just wake up one day and make up a long line of lies just to discredit
a known associate who is currently out of power.

Money was exchanged, that is a fact, the only bone of contention is the purpose of the exchange.

How many days will it take them to get a court affidavit and head to the service provider and get there call Transcript for the day he mentioned not like they're getting the transcripts of all the calls they've bin making since day 1. During dere conversation on d phone he said he mentioned the money are meant for the Judges and the Efcc. Are you saying all this will not be captured in d Transcript abi me I don't understand aw una dey reason..
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by BafanaBafana: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Shehu Sani is a complete scaly wag. I was his admirer until he came out to lie about one senator stealing a non existent 60 million naira belonging to the Northern senators forum.
While being a Saraki ally, he refused to decamp to the pdp because the only way he could remain in the senate was if he got APC ticket.
Point is, he is not someone I can vouch for so it is possible he defrauded the other nigga
Re: Senator Shehu Sani Shuns Lie Detector Test Over Alleged $24,000 Extortion by Ayed44: 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Tetehjewels:
I guess he already knows the lie detector test will show he is guilty.

Ex senator now turned fraudster. Yet was the champion of some ipobians because he was speaking against Buhari.

Okay o
This is too early!

Lie detector is not an evidence and it can never replace an evidence in the court.

(1) (Reply)

Why Kano's female high-school graduation Before Marriage Law wont work. / Ex-president Jonathan At The World Summit 2020:nigerians Comments / Kukah's Homily At The Burial Of Seminarian Killed By Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.