Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

How To Resign And Start Your Own Business! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Resign And Start Your Own Business! (499 Views)

Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves / Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg / 7 Signs To Show It Is Time To Start Your Own Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Resign And Start Your Own Business! by emtok(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
It is as easy as just taking a stroll to your HR with your resignation letter and drop it on his or her table. Yes you read that right! However, before you take that giant stride to drop the letter, kindly and carefully read the story below.

In 2016, I got a sales executive job at a Fintech company. It was a tough job to meet the sales target and the sales department leadership was headed by tough bosses who gave room for no excuses. After months of tireless work under stringent working conditions, the management took a grave decision with some a wrong demeanor that led to the resignation of all sales executive in the branch. That was my first encounter with resignation.

I was at home for some months trying to run my own design outfit, but brokenness soon chased me out to seek another job. It wasn't long before I got another offer and began work. Let me tell you, if you have content in you, recruiters will notice it and quickly hire you. Instead of growing your own business with your talent and creativity, you will likely be using your talent to grow wealth for other businesses under the auspices of receiving salary.

In November last year, I reminisced over my new working conditions. I saw myself writing down my personal dreams and resolution every year but by year end there is nothing to show for it. But meanwhile, the company can boast of achieving its corporate goals through my dedication and hardwork which doesn't result in any compensation. So I took a new decision to suffer in achieving my own dreams.

Yes, you read the word right, SUFFER! A salary job is a secured means of earning. Something will come in at the end of the month. But running your own business may not guarantee you this, at least not in the few years of establishment. So before you drop that letter, you must also take the resolve and resolution to suffer awhile till you achieve it.

It may get so tough that you will regret your decision for resigning, but if truly you have the talent in you, stay through it and with time you will make it through. I cannot promise you it will be all smooth but those businesses you are running after for job started with a dream. Dream it and take the stride to achieve it.

However, if you do not have the demeanor to suffer the growing stage of startup business, please kindly keep your salary job and chase your dream parallel of working. For more real-talk business articles click:
https://www.objectivegist.com.ng/2020/01/how-to-resign-to-start-your-own-business.html
Re: How To Resign And Start Your Own Business! by dawnomike(m): 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
Nice one... You deserve some accolades

1 Like

Re: How To Resign And Start Your Own Business! by emtok(m): 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
dawnomike:
Nice one... You deserve some accolades

Thank you
Re: How To Resign And Start Your Own Business! by popsy2(m): 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ok
Re: How To Resign And Start Your Own Business! by RealHabeeeb(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
How I posted Adverts for Jiji, Konga, MTN, OPay, Airtel on Facebook and I got paid.

Want to How? Click the link before for a quick presentation

https:///JYtjau9ya6i7WvZsdI5NCu

(1) (Reply)

Research, Data Analysis, M & E, Training And Consultancy / Kind Of Business / A Blessed New Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.