Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA (1366 Views)

Tinubu: Did Chicago State Univ Delete 1979 Yearbook from its website? - FactChec / How US Embassy Portrays Nigeria On Its Website / Breaking: President Buhari To Visit Akwa Ibom State On Monday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
Here's what the NIGERIAN GOVT should have on its website regarding Nigerians visiting America.

TRAVEL ADVISORY WARNING TO THE United States

The United States has a major problem with crime, in particular, gun crime. Approximately 50,000 Americans are killed every year in gun violence. This is 50 times more than the average number of people killed by Boko Haram and herdsmen combined, in any given year.

Police brutality is also a major problem. Numerous videos on YouTube and elsewhere, show US police officers harassing and shooting innocent Americans, with no reprisals. Particularly targeted are black and Hispanic Americans, even though whites are also victims of this.

Illegal and deadly drugs like heroin, opioids, and crack cocaine are widely available throughout the country. Nigerians should resist all attempts by Americans to get them involved in the drug epidemic afflicting that country.

Teenage pregnancy is very rampant, as is child slavery and human trafficking. These vices are routinely ignored or understated by US agencies in a bid to maintain public ignorance and promote a facade of a clean and stable society.

Homelessness and begging is rampant in most large cities, and many Americans can be seen sleeping on the streets at night, or under bridges. Nigerians may give money to such beggars, but should desist from engaging more fully with them, to prevent being lured into drugs, prostitition or other forms of criminality practised in the country.

The United States is the most heavily armed society on earth, with hundreds of millions of guns in private hands throughout the country. Avoid getting in arguments with any American, as many are armed, and will pull out their gun if they feel slighted or 'insulted'.

Laws regarding ownership and possession of weapons are virtually non-existent, and most Americans can walk into a store and purchase a gun, rifle, or machine gun, without any checks on their mental state, or criminal history or background.

Avoid visiting rural areas where many racist white Americans live, who are heavily armed with rifles and automatic weapons. Many parts of rural America are 'no-go areas' for blacks and other ethnic minorities, and extreme caution should be exercised when in those areas. Before visiting a rural region, please do your due diligence checks regarding the political leanings of the area, and its history of racism and attacks on racial minorities.

Blacks are routinely followed round the store by store owners or their staff, out of the racist expectation that they are there to steal. Do not engage in arguments with them when they do this to you or your children while visiting that country.

In addition, expect as a black person to be regularly stopped in majority white neighbourhoods or apartment buildings by white residents and asked to provide evidence you live in the area or building. Numerous videos on YouTube have been posted by black Americans showing this indignity meted out on them by their countrymen. If confronted in this manner, do not engage in arguments to prevent a descent to gun violence.

The average American is largely ignorant of the rest of the world, and in particular, Africa. Expect to be routinely asked if you sleep with lions and elephants, have phones and internet, or live on trees in the jungle, by even well-educated Americans. Do not express offence at these questions as this may lead to arguments involving firearms. Simply educate them to the effect that Africa is a modern continent in development.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by ebukamen(m): 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
You think you are intelligent abiiiii? Open calm down.... I like all these vices if it's in America
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2020
ebukamen:
You think you are intelligent abiiiii? Open calm down.... I like all these vices if it's in America

This Travel Advisory warning is directed at free human beings and those of sound mind and disposition, not slaves or people of deficient mental status. The latter are expected to be accompanied on their trip by the former, for their own protection.

7 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by juman(m): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
America is by far better than nigeria despite all what you listed.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
juman:
America is by far better than nigeria despite all what you listed.

'Better' is a subjective term. It depends on what you want in life. Many want a safe, quiet life without fear of gun violence, drug lords, street gangs, school mass shootings, drive-by shootings, and racial discrimination. In these and many other ways, Nigeria is FAR better than the United States. Of course if all you desire is money and good public services like 24/7 electricity and good roads, then the USA is a better option.

7 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
The way US will deny Visa eh.

I just dey pity u.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
Awol1:
The way US will deny Visa eh.

I just dey pity u.

I lived and worked in the US probably before you were born. I do not need or want a visa to the US.

6 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
Rosskii:

'Better' is a subjective term. It depends on what you want in life. Many want a safe, quiet life without fear of gun violence, drug lords, street gangs, school mass shootings, or racial discrimination. In these and many other ways, Nigeria is FAR better than the United States. Of course if all you desire is money and good public services like 24/7 electricity and good roads, then the USA is a better option.

Nigeria still doesn't offer any of the things you mentioned or whatever the USA lacks. So , the USA wins here. At least, the USA has a lot of things going well for her , your country has none

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Nigeria still doesn't offer any of the things you mentioned or whatever the USA lacks. So , the USA wins here. At least, the USA has a lot of things going well for her , your country has none

You are free to have your opinion. I thoroughly disagree.

For me, my village is safer than anywhere in America, including the White House. My daughter has little risk of teenage pregnancy or drugs, and my children will not be shot in their nursery classrooms or in a mall, or in a cinema, by a thug who walks in armed with an AK47.

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by ZZ22: 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2020
Nigeria is dead, a failed state coined by a prostitute. Nigeria go better but as time goes on it sinks deeper than imagined. While others develop at alarming speed and hope more for the future Nigerians have this wish they go back to 1960 as the country's future has been vandalised.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
ZZ22:
Nigeria is dead, a failed state coined by a prostitute. Nigeria go better but as time goes on it sinks deeper than imagined.

This thread is about the United States. And no, Nigeria is not a ''failed state'', whatever that means.

While others develop at alarming speed and hope more for the future Nigerians have this wish they go back to 1960 as the country's future has been vandalised.

In 1960 we had not one single university in Nigeria, we had mass illiteracy, malnutrition, disease, no industries worthy of the name, no major roads or expressways, no flyovers, no phones, no electricity (not even power cuts - no electricity), and not a single power plant. Kainji Dam was our first power plant, commissioned in 1964 by the Balewa administration.

So I've no idea what you're going back to 1960 for. You couldn't survive there for 30 seconds.

4 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Okoroawusa: 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
Wow!... You did a nice job with these write up. Incidentally all you said is true about America. It's so sad but it's true.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
Rosskii:

You are free to have your opinion. I thoroughly disagree.

For me, my village is safer than anywhere in America, including the White House. My daughter has little risk of teenage pregnancy or drugs, and my children will not be shot in their nursery classrooms or a cinema by a thug who walks in armed with an AK 47.

You see the issue? Your village ? How big is your village compared to the rest of Nigeria ? And do you believe what you posted occurs everywhere in the USA as well ?
You don't have points. All the bad things you listed here can happen to your daughter in Nigeria and much more. If AK47 doesn't do the job, Fulani herdsmen terrorists can do it or outright bombs from boko haram. Its that bad here.

USA has a higher standard of living and quality of life. The bad things affect the minority of people only.
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You see the issue? Your village ? How big is your village compared to the rest of Nigeria ?

That was an example of how safe in general Nigeria is. Or are you saying that outside my village is soaked in violence? We know that's not true.

And do you believe what you posted occurs everywhere in the USA as well ?

The numbers speak for themselves.

You don't have points. All the bad things you listed here can happen to your daughter in Nigeria and much more. If AK47 doesn't do the job, Fulani herdsmen terrorists can do it or outright bombs from boko haram. Its that bad here.

USA has a higher standard of living and quality of life. The bad things affect the minority of people only.

50,000 people are shot dead by their fellow Americans each year and you say ''the bad things affect the minority of people only''?

What ''minority of people'' are you talking about?

In addition, ''More than 70,200 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2017, including illicit drugs and prescription opioids—a 2-fold increase in a decade. ... Drug overdose deaths rose from 16,849 in 1999 to 70,237 in 2017''. https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

Again, ''what ''minority of people'' are you referring to?

If these huge numbers of preventable deaths you are reading about were emanating from Nigeria, would your reaction be the same, that ''these are just a minority of people, no big deal''?

I think we all know the answer to that.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by wingmanIII: 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
Always writing meaningless trash.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
wingmanIII:
Always writing meaningless trash.

Are you saying we should not be issued travel advisory warnings regarding a country that's obviously so... dangerous?

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Wow!... You did a nice job with these write up. Incidentally all you said is true about America. It's so sad but it's true.

Cheers bro.
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by tsdarkside(m): 1:35am On Jan 08, 2020
even americans are running away from america....
that place was never that good for black people....but now,its just royal rumble....

its rich vs. poor....

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by tsdarkside(m): 1:38am On Jan 08, 2020
nigerians just dont wanna listen....

i saw on youtube,a nigerian woman beggin for some cash on the streets of canada....

this type of stuff they will blend out of their minds even if they watched the videos too....
for them,anywhere is better than home....

you will even have some idiootic nigerians comparin nigeria with afghanistan....

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by tsdarkside(m): 1:42am On Jan 08, 2020
what the op said is plain truth....
you have tent places for homeless people running for miles....

and its not gettin any better....
nobody is stoppin una to go hussle,but when you fail na oyo....

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 08, 2020
Let's start with owning a well maintained reliable national website first.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by tsdarkside(m): 1:46am On Jan 08, 2020
and btw,op....
you do know that police officers get killed in america too....??
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 2:08am On Jan 08, 2020
tsdarkside:
and btw,op....
you do know that police officers get killed in america too....??

Not surprising since so many citizens have guns.
Shootouts with the police are a daily occurrence in the US.

Look, you'll be walking on the street in America, and you will see someone sitting back inside his car, windows open, and cleaning his gun. I saw this the first week I got there. I was like WTF?
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by WATCHOVER(m): 2:11am On Jan 08, 2020
No where in the world is safe but Nigeria's own is too much.
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by Rosskii: 2:13am On Jan 08, 2020
WATCHOVER:
No where in the world is safe but Nigeria's own is too much.

Not according to the figures just posted!
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by tsdarkside(m): 2:18am On Jan 08, 2020
Rosskii:

Not surprising since so many citizens have guns.
Shootouts with the police are a daily occurrence in the US.

Look, you'll be walking on the street in America, and you will see someone sitting back inside his car, windows open, and cleaning his gun. I saw this the first week I got there. I was like WTF?

nothing can drag me go america....
i rather go asia where people are strugglin but are still somehow normal in the head....
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by WATCHOVER(m): 2:34am On Jan 08, 2020
Rosskii:

Not according to the figures just posted!
Look Nigeria has a problem we must face it. Let's not weep up sentiment here, because what they stated concerning Nigeria is the truth, even our leaders whether past or present will acknowledge it. How do you feel when the number one citizen of a nation is not patronising it own facilities. Especially it health care facilities even after budgeting bulk of money in it own hospital, all what you are saying about the US is racism but have you spent time to look into how our leaders treat its own citizens,. Did you not hear or see how our own soldiers and Security punish their own citizens, look let's not flog this issue further. What the US analysed about Nigeria is the truth. Selling your own people is worst than racism
Re: What Nigerian Govt Should State On Its Website About The USA by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:51am On Jan 08, 2020
Rosskii:

That was an example of how safe in general Nigeria is. Or are you saying that outside my village is soaked in violence? We know that's not true.

The numbers speak for themselves.

50,000 people are shot dead by their fellow Americans each year and you say ''the bad things affect the minority of people only''?

What ''minority of people'' are you talking about?

In addition, ''More than 70,200 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2017, including illicit drugs and prescription opioids—a 2-fold increase in a decade. ... Drug overdose deaths rose from 16,849 in 1999 to 70,237 in 2017''. https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

Again, ''what ''minority of people'' are you referring to?

If these huge numbers of preventable deaths you are reading about were emanating from Nigeria, would your reaction be the same, that ''these are just a minority of people, no big deal''?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Outside your village is filled with bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen. Even the latter can come to your village anytime and you know it.

There is no comparison between Nigeria and USA . They didn't exaggerate in their descriptions of you but you did here and after everything, the migration pattern keeps favouring that side . So what does that say of your assertions ? Exaggerations !!!!

More people would still migrate and remain in the USA ! Deal with it
Only low lifers migrate to Nigeria and people coming to fleece the economy with industries you can't set up. What do you go there to do? Nannies, drivers and co even as graduates . And you think you are writing to kindergarten people ?

(1) (Reply)

"N100billion Was Distributed Within The Presidential Villa" - Timi Frank Reveals / The Real Heros Of The Endsars Protest / A Letter To Seun Osewa And Every Moderator On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.