Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria (1143 Views)

5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / Woman Sells Own Pants, Makes N28 Million A Year (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Anon9876: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hey everyone. I’m a successful business woman in Nigeria and I make nothing less than 10M a year from my businesses. I’ve been thinking of relocating abroad, part of my 2020 goals but recently, been having second thoughts.

I have millions of naira in a fixed account and my businesses are doing really well I have no reason to relocate for ‘greener pastures’ as my grass is already green and been really thinking of sitting my a*s back in Nigeria and looking after my businesses myself.
However, I don’t like the system in this country at all. Nothing works. Low quality of life and there’s a ridiculously low life expectancy as well. If I code this minute and I need urgent health care, I kid you not I might die and we all know why - Bad roads, corruption, bad government.

Still, I’m confused. Should I stay back and concentrate on my businesses and take vacations abroad or should I relocate for a better quality of life? One thing I don’t want is my kids given birth to and raised in Nigeria.

If I decide to relocate, my money won’t really go far in the country I choose to relocate to due to naira/dollar unfavorable rates, tax, and bills upon bills. I won’t be as rich as I am now in this country but I will be comfortable.

My parents see living abroad as a big deal but I don’t know if they will see being rich here as the ultimate( they don’t know about my wealth yet)

I would really need your inputs, the visa won’t be an issue, I have enough to keep trying again till I get it. Should I stay in Nigeria, live in a nice estate that provides comfort and luxury(in a not so good enough country where an illness like malaria can kill me due to the bad health care system) or should I relocate for a better quality of life?

If I choose to relocate, I’m thinking my businesses won’t be the same, no one will handle it like the owner or am I wrong? Dangote and other rich people don’t live in Nigeria and they still make their money right?
Hufff! So confused.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Ustec: 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:
Hey everyone. I’m a successful business woman in Nigeria and I make nothing less than 10M a year from my businesses. I’ve been thinking of relocating abroad, part of my 2020 goals but recently, been having second thoughts.

I have millions of naira in a fixed account and my businesses are doing really well I have no reason to relocate for ‘greener pastures’ as my grass is already green and been really thinking of sitting my a*s back in Nigeria and looking after my businesses myself.
However, I don’t like the system in this country at all. Nothing works. Low quality of life and there’s a ridiculously low life expectancy as well. If I code this minute and I need urgent health care, I kid you not I might die and we all know why - Bad roads, corruption, bad government.

Still, I’m confused. Should I stay back and concentrate on my businesses and take vacations abroad or should I relocate for a better quality of life? One thing I don’t want is my kids given birth to and raised in Nigeria.

If I decide to relocate, my money won’t really go far in the country I choose to relocate to due to naira/dollar unfavorable rates, tax, and bills upon bills. I won’t be as rich as I am now in this country but I will be comfortable.

My parents see living abroad as a big deal but I don’t know if they will see being rich here as the ultimate( they don’t know about my wealth yet)

I would really need your inputs, the visa won’t be an issue, I have enough to keep trying again till I get it. Should I stay in Nigeria, live in a nice estate that provides comfort and luxury(in a not so good enough country where an illness like malaria can kill me due to the bad health care system) or should I relocate for a better quality of life?

If I choose to relocate, I’m thinking my businesses won’t be the same, no one will handle it like the owner or am I wrong? Dangote and other rich people don’t live in Nigeria and they still make their money right?
Hufff! So confused.
I never knew Dangote now live in mars,
you can emulate him.

2 Likes

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by mceze(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
Pls, stay in Nigeria..There are good places you can stay in Nigeria...With your money, you can take care of the ills you mentioned..Some of us that want to travel out is because of lack of money...
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Ladylite: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:

Hufff! So confused.

10M is small. You can not survive over here with such money so please stay in Nigeria but come over for vacations but to relocate? That is very very unwise. I wish you were my friend or sister I would strongly advice against it. Pls mind your business here in Nigeria... Grow it and make over 50M yearly then invest in assets that do not need your presence then you can relocate.

Hope this is clear?

3 Likes

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Crochet: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hope you ain't trying to scam anyone with your write up? And with all this your self aclaimed millionaire. But if this is for real I would advise you continue ur business here .while you travel abroad for your vacation mind you the priviledge and waiver you enjoy here running your business might not be the same abroad.

1 Like

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Anon9876: 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ladylite:

10M is small. You can not survive over here with such money so please stay in Nigeria but come over for vacations but to relocate? That is very very unwise. I wish you were my friend or sister I would strongly advice against it. Pls mind your business here in Nigeria... Grow it and make over 50M yearly then invest in assets that do not need your presence then you can relocate.

Hope this is clear?

Hey, I don’t make 10M a year. I make AT LEAST. I don’t have to type the exact numbers for discretion.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Anon9876: 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
Crochet:
Hope you ain't trying to scam anyone with your write up? And with all this your self aclaimed millionaire. But if this is for real I would advise you continue ur business here .while you travel abroad for your vacation mind you the priviledge and waiver you enjoy here running your business might not be the same abroad.

Scam who? Did I put anything that would insinuate that in my write up? I’m not a self acclaimed millionaire, I am one and i’m saying this in the most humble way possible.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:

Hufff! So confused.
The truth is the thought of escaping Nigeria has never cross my mind. I can travel out, see the other side of the world and all that, but at the end of the, home is home
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
Blakjewelry:

The truth is the thought of escaping Nigeria has never cross my mind. I can travel out, see the other side of the world and all that, but at the end of the, home is home
Home is home until you are kidnapped by SARS for ransom angry

Relocate if you can. Nigeria is already that bad

1 Like

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Crochet: 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
Madam I have given you the best advise so far, with your kind of money you are not yet a millionaire pls look beyond your account balance and keep expanding your business here in nigeria, dat the mindset of a millionaire and not necessary what you have in your account.
Anon9876:

Scam who? Did I put anything that would insinuate that in my write up? I’m not a self acclaimed millionaire, I am one and i’m saying this in the most humble way possible.
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Anon9876: 10:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
Crochet:
Madam I have given you the best advise so far, with your kind of money you are not yet a millionaire pls look beyond your account balance and keep expanding your business here in nigeria, dat the mindset of a millionaire and not necessary what you have in your account.

Lol I’m not about to start going back and forth with you. You must be kidding if you think I would start listing assets and properties here. Thanks for your advice though.

1 Like

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Blakjewelry(m): 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
Okpa042:

Home is home until you are kidnapped by SARS for ransom angry

Relocate if you can. Nigeria is already that bad
Nigeria is not bad rather its the people living in Nigeria that are bad that is why I don't support any form of corrupt whether it is done by the politicians or a yahoo boy or anybody for that matter. When we get to other country we start complaining when we can't contribute our own quarter individually

1 Like

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by SavageResponse(m): 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anon9876:

Hufff! So confused.

Who are you trying to scam with this bullsh1t story?!

A real person who actually makes the type of income you outlined will not be actively considering relocating from Nigeria.

To go and do what? To go to Europe or America with their terrible weather to do boy-boy work for white people and still be regarded as a second class citizen.

Your story is bait for some gullible people to start sending you PM!

2 Likes

Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by Crochet: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Don't mind that scammer, its the gullible ones that will fall for this and start sending her PM I would blame!Please use another format ma cos this is dead on arrival!
SavageResponse:

Who are you trying to scam with this bullsh1t story?

A real person who actually makes the type of income you outlined will not be actively considering relocating from Nigeria.

To go and do what? To go to Europe or America with their terrible weather to do boy-boy work for white people and still be regarded as a second class citizen.

Your story is bait for some gullible people to start sending you PM!
Re: I Make 10M A Year: Relocate Abroad Or Stay In Nigeria by jayaim: 8:41am On Jan 08, 2020
Mam i feel ur pulse. Nigeria is a very difficult country to live in agree with u 100% especially like we that have traveled out. Nigeria infrastructure is very inferior compared to Malaysia, Singapore & other Asian countries. Talk more of Europe, America, Canada & the likes. Security here is a big issue, constant electric supply, access to finance for business. Nigeria is plagued with the issues of religion, tribalism corruption &failed system. Do u know that we have a very low purchasing power due to poverty? People don't know that a barrel of palm oil in the international market is $2,300 while crude oil is just $70, we don't even refine our oil. I studied in Malaysia & they are the second highest producers after Indonesia & they got it from Nigeria. Do u know that the lip sticks & make ups ladies use are products of palm oil. We are jokers in this nation. Shop rite is making trillions almost a quarter of our budget. In countries that are doing fine there is no big differece between the rich & the poor, but here those that loot our treasure will loot & rob it on our faces. The reason many people move abroad to places like Canada are high purchasing power, good health care, access to finance for business, good education for their kids, efficient transportation system, good infrastructure & so on. Not necessary to acquire the whole money in the world. Nigeria is a very poor nation. U can succeed in doing Biz here but u have to be tough.

(1) (Reply)

Earn By Viewing Ads, Its So Legit And Free / Opera News Hub / Report Suggests CBN Devalues Naira By 15%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.