Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award (867 Views)

I Am So Sad Now, Reason Why Sadio Mane Said This. / AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] / Mo Sallah Wins CAF Best Player For Second Consecutive Year (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by odun360(m): 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
Liverpool striker Sadio Mane has followed in the footsteps of team-mate Mohamed Salah by being named African footballer of the year.

The 27-year-old scored 32 goals in 53 appearances for Liverpool during the calendar year as well as sharing the Premier League Golden Boot (with Salah), being named in the PFA Team of the Year and, of course, playing a key role in helping Jurgen Klopp 's men win the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.

Mane also helped Senegal reach the final of the African Nations Cup where they lost 1-0 to Algeria.

Accepting his award, a typically humble Mane said: "To be honest, I would rather be playing football than having to speak in front of all these important people because football is my job and I love it.

"I am really happy and at the same time really proud to win this award.

"I would like to thank my family, especially my uncle who is here today, without forgetting all the Egyptian people as well and of course my national team coach, (former Birmingham City and Portsmouth midfielder) Aliou Cisse, my team mates with the national team and the staff at the Federation.

"I also thank Liverpool Football Club, my team mates, the staff and everybody there.

"It is a big day for me.. I don't really know how to say it but I would love to thank all the Senegalese people. They have been with me all the time and they push me to do better.

"Also the people from my village. I have come very far, Bambali is a very small village and I am sure they are watching on the tv.

"I am really happy and very proud to win this."

https://www.reportminds.com/2020/01/here-what-mane-said-after-winning-2019.html?m=1

Cc lalasticlala seun mynd44

Re: Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by DonBenny77(m): 12:11am On Jan 08, 2020
I love this dude

1 Like

Re: Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by edwardjoseph: 5:36am On Jan 08, 2020
congrats smiley wink
Re: Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by Virginnn(f): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2020
Waoh, he didn't forget his village people. whereas some lazy dudes here thinks their village people are the source of their woes.
if I hear am..
Gbosa for Sadio Mane
Re: Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by MorataFC: 7:41am On Jan 08, 2020
Virginnn:
Waoh, he didn't forget his village people. whereas some lazy dudes here thinks their village people are the source of their woes.
if I hear am..
Gbosa for Sadio Mane
There are levels you get to that village people will have nothing to do with u again but to even helping you in fulfilling your desire destiny. grin

1 Like

Re: Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by Kellsnwa(m): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2020
Much respect to my man Sadio Mane
Re: Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by Philip4564(m): 10:01am On Jan 08, 2020
I can't just stop loving this guy.. he's very humble and he's also a cheerful giver and in all he never forget his source.. may God continue to bless him and may God bless me too so I can give back to my society.
Re: Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by TONY042(m): 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
On point!
MorataFC:
There are levels you get to that village people will have nothing to do with u again but to even helping you in fulfilling your desire destiny. grin
On point!

1 Like

Re: Here's What Mane Said After Winning 2019 CAF Best Player Of The Year Award by RexTramadol1: 7:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
I like Mane a lot

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Beats Messi To New Milestone In Europe Top 5 Leagues / The UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw / Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.