Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone (4041 Views)

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data / Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy / Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by fineboynl(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2020
They stole my phone, and if the thought of the things in my memory card come to my mind I always have heart beats. only if doesn't fall on the wrong hands. They will wipe the phone and sell it that is for sure. But they can never gathered the data stored on the phone which is not the same with the memory card.

If I need to lost data them it has to be totally lost and shouldn't been in the wrong hands.

Advice is if you need more space get a phone with bigger space. And I have Val to never use SD card on phone ever again. OTG storage is better if you don't want it on your phone storage. At least you know that the file are safe some where.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by awoo47: 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
use mem card formatted as internal storage
dat way u can use it like normal internal storage nd download app on it.

if stolen it must be formatted as u can't access d data except on d phone cool

d mem card must be atleast class 10 speed
if nt phone go lag die undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by lekjons(m): 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
I can't use any phone without memory card.
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by ITbomb(m): 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2020
lekjons:
I can't use any phone without memory card.
Please upgrade
Newer phones with 32 to 64GB would make your memory card useless

5 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by Ay04z(m): 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
Save ur important stuff to cloud.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2020
awoo47:

grin This almost 'ruined' me. Phone had an issue and had to format it, problem is I forgot to backup most of my files. The phone never recognised the mmc again, and it wouldn't work with any other device. Heartbreaking I must say.

I'm never using a mmc again.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by awoo47: 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
grin This almost 'ruined' me. Phone had an issue and had to format it, problem is I forgot to backup most of my files. The phone never recognised the mmc again, and it wouldn't work with any other device. Heartbreaking I must say.

I'm never using a mmc again.
same fr me. My phone developed fault nd i took it to carlcare to repair
wen i receive am mmc no gree work
i almost cry, all my pics gone cry

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by APOPTOSIS: 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
You are AFRAID because you have your NUDES on the PHONE AND MEMORY CARD.
Next Time Think before U act...

7 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by Kilanee: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
Trash
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by fineboynl(m): 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
APOPTOSIS:
You are AFRAID because you have your NUDES on the PHONE AND MEMORY CARD.
Next Time Think before U act...
not nude, private life. Bank info, bvn. Contacts, bank IDs, so.many user name and password I'm not ready to change
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by childuptojoy(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
ITbomb:

Please upgrade
I use a 32GB phone and still uses 128GB Memory card

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by fidelmarshal199: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
fineboynl:
not nude, private life. Bank info, bvn. Contacts, bank IDs, so.many user name and password I'm not ready to change

Bros na lie. What ll ur bank info be doing on a memory card? contacts? bank Id. talk truth, na nude dey inside

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by Randy100: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
There is also an option to password your memory card.
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by RubiesBanking: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
Best thing is to put a password on the memory card, cause no one will be able to access

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by gift2xl: 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
That's ur own decision and not my. Good luck with urs.
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by lekjons(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
ITbomb:

Please upgrade
It's not because of storage space.

I change phones anyhow i like,and i like to have my files intact on any phone i use.
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by donbrowser(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
ITbomb:

Please upgrade
My phone is 64gb. I'm using 64gb memory card too
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by Oyinlomobambam(m): 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
awoo47:

HOW do I go about this please?
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by esedee: 3:52am On Jan 09, 2020
I stopped using memory card on my phone after the day someone removed or stole my memory card when i took my phone to charge at my neighbor's house.

Before buying a new android phone, there are
things you nees to consider. In this video, i will
show you 8 things to consider before buying
any android phone of your choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMQWePKz8hI

Pls subscribe to our youtube channel (mathwins tech) for more exciting and informative videos
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by awoo47: 7:01am On Jan 09, 2020
Oyinlomobambam:

HOW do I go about this please?
which phone do u use?
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by Khd95(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2020
Except u have nude pictures of ur self,I don't seem to understand the content of ur memory card that will make ur heart skip beats,lol

Like me na wey be say na random songs and some of my pictures dey my phone,I go dey fear to loose that memory card abegi

Even nvde pics wey babes send to me gan I dey delete am once i don see am if I like it for further perusal,I go crop the babe face comot grin
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by lordmayor4(m): 7:43am On Jan 09, 2020
fineboynl:
They stole my phone, and if the thought of the things in my memory card come to my mind I always have heart beats. only if doesn't fall on the wrong hands. They will wipe the phone and sell it that is for sure. But they can never gathered the data stored on the phone which is not the same with the memory card.

If I need to lost data them it has to be totally lost and shouldn't been in the wrong hands.

Advice is if you need more space get a phone with bigger space. And I have Val to never use SD card on phone ever again. OTG storage is better if you don't want it on your phone storage. At least you know that the file are safe some where.

When you can put a password on your memory card or encrypt it....
Memory card is good bro, you just don't have the experience
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by Memberclub(m): 9:29am On Jan 09, 2020
fineboynl:
why will anyone store important information like these on memory card?

Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2020
awoo47:
which phone do u use?

Xiaomi redmi 7 32gb
Re: Reasons You Should Stop Using Memory Card On Your Phone by awoo47: 10:37am On Jan 09, 2020
Oyinlomobambam:

Xiaomi redmi 7 32gb
i don't think miui embedded it in dere UI. But u can search fr 3rd party apps

(1) (Reply)

Elephone P7000.....kINGSING T8...ONE PLUS ONE POWER BANK E.T.C / Avoid Sim Blockage, Link Your NIN To Your Mobile Number Now All Networks Here / No More Free Night Calls For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.