Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Mercedes Unveils Avatar-inspired Electric Car That Can Drive Sideways - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Unveils Avatar-inspired Electric Car That Can Drive Sideways (2172 Views)

New Volvo's 6.6 Tonnes Armoured Military Vehicle Can Drive Sideways Like A Crab / Zimbabwe Man Beats Tesla, Invents Electric Car That Does Not Require Charging / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Unveils Avatar-inspired Electric Car That Can Drive Sideways by Automotive1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2020

Mercedes-Benz has revealed a new Avatar-inspired concept car called the Vision AVTR at the 2020 CES. The acronym stands for Advance Vision Transportation. The car’s aesthetic was inspired by several creatures from the 2009 movie AVATAR.

The AVTR has no steering-wheel while the seats are made from vegan DINAMICA leather. The floor is decorated with an innovative wood called Karuun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Id4s9MXv0

On the outside, the AVTR has 33 moveable reptile-like scales on the back, which Mercedes calls “bionic flaps”. Mercedes claims their function is to communicate with the driver.

“They can communicate with the driver and through the driver with their outside world through naturally flowing movements in subtle gestures”

During the unveiling, Avatar director, James Cameron, who collaborated with Mercedes to create the car, said:

“I see a future where we continue to co-evolve with our technology. We will merge, we will absorb it and it will become such a natural part of our lives,”

James Cameron added that,

“When I sat in this car you put your hand on the control interface and it just breathes, it seems alive, it’s organic”

The AVTR is only a concept car, so don’t expect to see it or any of its features on the road any time soon.

What Do You Think About The Avatar-inspired AVTR car?

https://autojosh.com/mercedes-benz-unveils-avatar-inspired-vision-avtr-electric-car-that-can-drive-sideways/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Unveils Avatar-inspired Electric Car That Can Drive Sideways by KingAzubuike(f): 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2020
These are concept cars. Many of them don't even reach production stage. Asides that I'll pick an Audi or a BMW over Benz any day anytime.
Re: Mercedes Unveils Avatar-inspired Electric Car That Can Drive Sideways by tck2000(m): 11:40pm On Jan 08, 2020
Ugly
Re: Mercedes Unveils Avatar-inspired Electric Car That Can Drive Sideways by marshalcarter: 8:33am On Jan 09, 2020
whites are living in another year entirely oooooh grin I'd still go with BMW

somebody should dash me car naaaaaaaaaaaaw

(1) (Reply)

Copart / Urgent Advice Needed On Corolla 2009 And 1999 Benz C180 1999 / Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.