Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year (1347 Views)

Wema Bank Is Standing On Strong Financial Fundamentals – CEO, Ademola Adebise / Apart From Yahoo, What Are You Doing To Make Money Online? / Suya Seller Sleeps Off While Standing And Selling Suya In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
This is one question where money isn't always the answer.

Apart from money, what one thing stands between you and your goal? The one thing that if you can just get your hands on, you will be able to work your butt off to succeed.

Someone here might be able to help

1 Like

Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by IdrisE(m): 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
Business idea
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
IdrisE:
Business idea

You mean you lack a good business idea?
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by tck2000(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
An android phone and some books like Rich Dad Poor Dad,The Richest man in Babylon Etc.
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by tck2000(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
IdrisE:
Business idea
Try this www.nairaland.com/5450004
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by IdrisE(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
naijacutee:

You mean you lack a good business idea?
yes o! I just need one that is lucrative and i will get interest on. Can you gimme some suggestions
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
Laptop.
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
tck2000:
An android phone and some books like Rich Dad Poor Dad,The Richest man in Babylon Etc.

If I can suggest 1 book, I will suggest "Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill". The easiest (and the hardest) think to change if you want to change your finances is your thinking.

You have to look at yourself in the mirror and start seeing yourself as a different person, and this book will give you steps on how to do that. If you follow every one of these steps, you will succeed.

You can listen to the book for free on Youtube

1 Like

Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
IdrisE:

yes o!
I just need one that is lucrative and i will get interest on.
Can you gimme some suggestions

Yes. Let's start from what skills do you have, and what do you enjoy doing?Are you looking for something to do full-time, or just a side hustle?
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by IdeasPro(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
I love this topic and I give the OP thumbs up. A lot of people miss the point about what stands between them and their goals. The truth is that setting priorities with the little you have is the bane between success and stagnation (I didn't say FAILURE, mind you).

Someone just commented that laptop is his problem. Another said Android phone. But I can tell you they must have spent money in the past buying things that will not bring them profits. Instead of buying an Android phone, add money to it and buy a brand new laptop with an internet modem. Get a domain name for less than $1 for one year and set up custom domain on Blogger.

When you create a blog for free and monetize your blog with affiliate links, you can make $1000 online in a year. Now, gain experience and use the income from your business to achieve your goals in life. No excuses because where there is a will, there is always a way. period!

If you are not sure of how to get started, click on the first link on my signature file and get more information about our digital marketing course that walks you through all the steps. You can also download free ebooks that we are offering for newbies or beginners.

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by tck2000(m): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2020
naijacutee:

If I can suggest 1 book, I will suggest "Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill". The easiest (and the hardest) think to change if you want to change your finances is your thinking.

You have to look at yourself in the mirror and start seeing yourself as a different person, and this book will give you steps on how to do that. If you follow every one of these steps, you will succeed.

You can listen to the book for free on Youtube
Thanks but i have no phone to watch Youtube.
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by tck2000(m): 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
Ideaspro i understand your point but my case is different.I am so frugal,i prefer to trek a long distance staying thirsty than buy #10 pure water.My friends says i'm too stingy but that's not true,i'm trying to save money as i don't get it easily.I got 15k in my savings.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by IdrisE(m): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2020
naijacutee:

Yes. Let's start from what skills do you have, and what do you enjoy doing?Are you looking for something to do full-time, or just a side hustle?

I'm an electrician and i also do cctv installation. But its doesn't really catch my interest, i don't know if it is because i have not being having jobs of resent. Just suggest side hustle for me, one that can work in a city like Osogbo. Thank you
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by Gedifok: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2020
Laptop...if I can just get a laptop
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 10:47am On Jan 09, 2020
IdrisE:

I'm an electrician and i also do cctv installation. But its doesn't really catch my interest, i don't know if it is because i have not being having jobs of resent. Just suggest side hustle for me, one that can work in a city like Osogbo. Thank you

Ok, I know what you're not interested in - what are you interested in? It is difficult to suggest if you haven't evaluated your interests because different people have different interests.

If it is farming, and you have space in your compound, could you buy day old chicks for N300 - N400 each, feed and look after them and sell or supply to sellers in nearby cities?

If you like teaching - can you run CCTV installation teaching classes for young people in Osogbo? You charge N5,000 for the training and then you start advertising your services to people who might need CCTV (owners of big houses, large store owners that don't already have, warehouse owners etc). When clients come you can either do the job yourself or send it as a lead to your trainee in exchange for 5% commision

You can buy a Keke and give it to someone on a hire purchase contract where they give you a certain return wvery day.

You can get a saloon, put equipment and give it to hairdressers who return a certain amount to you everyday
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 11:05am On Jan 09, 2020
tck2000:
Thanks but i have no phone to watch Youtube.

My brother, this is the biggest problem. Not that you have no phone, but the fact that you having no phone is your final statement. If you have no phone, how can you get one? Do you deserve one? Why? What can you provide in exchange for someone who can give you a phone? Please change your mindset. You are someone's potential helper, and someone will benefit one day from "how you did it with nothing". Ask more questions. Identify your strengths and offer your strengths to the right people.
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by tck2000(m): 11:15am On Jan 09, 2020
naijacutee:

My brother, this is the biggest problem. Not that you have no phone, but the fact that you having no phone is your final statement. If you have no phone, how can you get one? Do you deserve one? Why? What can you provide in exchange for someone who can give you a phone? Please change your mindset. You are someone's potential helper, and someone will benefit one day from "how you did it with nothing". Ask more questions. Identify your strengths and offer your strengths to the right people.
Word....Let me go into thinking mood!

1 Like

Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by Funkybabee(f): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
For noe, it's only money because to get any equipment or apparatus for your work need money, so it's money jare
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by samson07(m): 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
IdrisE:

yes o! I just need one that is lucrative and i will get interest on. Can you gimme some suggestions
drop your whatsapp contact
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Funkybabee:
For noe, it's only money because to get any equipment or apparatus for your work need money, so it's money jare

If there's a specific apparatus, then it is the apparatus, not money. Best to put it here, someone might be trying to get rid of it.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by IdrisE(m): 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
samson07:
drop your whatsapp contact

hmmm! Am not on whatsapp for now, just E-mail me idriseffiong888@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by IdrisE(m): 2:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
naijacutee:

Ok, I know what you're not interested in - what are you interested in? It is difficult to suggest if you haven't evaluated your interests because different people have different interests.

If it is farming, and you have space in your compound, could you buy day old chicks for N300 - N400 each, feed and look after them and sell or supply to sellers in nearby cities?

If you like teaching - can you run CCTV installation teaching classes for young people in Osogbo? You charge N5,000 for the training and then you start advertising your services to people who might need CCTV (owners of big houses, large store owners that don't already have, warehouse owners etc). When clients come you can either do the job yourself or send it as a lead to your trainee in exchange for 5% commision

i hate teaching

You can buy a Keke and give it to someone on a hire purchase contract where they give you a certain return wvery day.

Can't afford such

You can get a saloon, put equipment and give it to hairdressers who return a certain amount to you everyday

experience will never let me do this one. Except i learn to handle the saloon myself.

Thank you for those few suggestions. But there are conventional, i need something new and innovative
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by DaddyMorenike: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
My peniiiis.
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
DaddyMorenike:
My peniiiis.

Thank you for being honest. Have you looked into getting therapy?

1 Like

Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by DaddyMorenike: 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
naijacutee:

Thank you for being honest. Have you looked into getting therapy?
would they cut my lovely preq?
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by naijacutee(f): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
IdrisE:

experience will never let me do this one. Except i learn to handle the saloon myself.

Thank you for those few suggestions. But there are conventional, i need something new and innovative

Bros, this sounds like looking for excuses. What are your biggest dreams and what is stopping you?
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by IdrisE(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
naijacutee:

Bros, this sounds like looking for excuses. What are your biggest dreams and what is stopping you?

Boss if i narrate it e! It will be like you're reading a whole course material in school. #Lolz

thanks anyway
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by directonpc(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
COVIc 1-9
Re: Apart From Money, What One Thing Is Standing Between You And Your Goal This Year by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
More money

(1) (Reply)

Learn Graphic Design. / How Can I Get Clean Naira Notes / Anyone With Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.