Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1113128 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 7:11am On Jan 29, 2020
Fabcol:
Every single course done in a German University has job opportunities in Germany.
So apply for something you have passion for and you are sure you can study. Alot are quitting and being exmatriculated because they chose what people said would give them job after studies and not what they love and can study . Moreover its even very difficult to get admission/visa if the course isn't related to your bachelors
Getting a job in Germany is majorly dependent on your proficiency in the Language. Also learn a programming tool used in that field and you are good to go

I accept students shouldn’t study what they don’t like or just for making money in the future. But I disagree when u said every course has job opportunities, especially for foreigners....tell me where some who study North American Studies will work in Germany.

Areas to find better opportunities re

Engineering ( One must be very good intellectually especially with maths and physics) here ur broken German will do as long as u good with what u re doing.

Wirtschaftswissenschaft ( Economics), u need very good German skill

Sozialwissenschaften( example Nursing, working with Amt, medical departments and public relations, hotels etc) here u need a very good German skill in writing and speaking

Courses like history, language, politics don’t bother wasting ur time

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:32am On Jan 29, 2020
Ezyp:

No must be from Germany by German citizens

By German residents. It must not be citizen
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ceejay5: 8:19am On Jan 29, 2020
[I booked on 20 Oct category B ..but I have not been invited.. Any hope for me?. quote author=shantelleasante post=85640385]When did you book faith?quote author=faithzy post=85638856]Is there anybody here that booked a date in October, Cartegory B and has not gotten a date[/quote]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Blake250: 8:20am On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=Chybyke1992 post=86184089][/quote]abeg my very good NL,abeg what gpa is 140 credit point
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fabcol(m): 9:53am On Jan 29, 2020
Lol
I can imagine what your thoughts are about American studies.. read the content of a course before making judgement, don't judge a course based on how the name sounds, cause 100% sure that's what you are doing.
American studies is an interdisciplinary degree, combining history, politics, literature and the arts
Now what can one do with this degree, I would list a few
*A Writer
*A Boardcast journalist
*A public relations officer
*Translators
*A TEACHER
*Editors of all kinds of media
*Customer relations and investor relations managers for companies,
*human resources
*Administration work
*Research assistants
And the list goes on

Bro/sis, every single degree taught in Germany can land you a job if you know what you are doing and can speak the language to a good extent. Everyone wouldn't/can't become an engineer or an economist or a doctor

princejck:

I accept students shouldn’t study what they don’t like or just for making money in the future. But I disagree when u said every course has job opportunities, especially for foreigners....tell me where some who study North American Studies will work in Germany.

Areas to find better opportunities re

Engineering ( One must be very good intellectually especially with maths and physics) here ur broken German will do as long as u good with what u re doing.

Wirtschaftswissenschaft ( Economics), u need very good German skill

Sozialwissenschaften( example Nursing, working with Amt, medical departments and public relations, hotels etc) here u need a very good German skill in writing and speaking

Courses like history, language, politics don’t bother wasting ur time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 10:08am On Jan 29, 2020
Fabcol:
Lol
I can imagine what your thoughts are about American studies.. read the content of a course before making judgement, don't judge a course based on how the name sounds, cause 100% sure that's what you are doing.
American studies is an interdisciplinary degree, combining history, politics, literature and the arts
Now what can one do with this degree, I would list a few
*A Writer
*A Boardcast journalist
*A public relations officer
*Translators
*A TEACHER
*Editors of all kinds of media
*Customer relations and investor relations managers for companies,
*human resources
*Administration work
*Research assistants
And the list goes on

Bro/sis, every single degree taught in Germany can land you a job if you know what you are doing and can speak the language to a good extent. Everyone wouldn't/can't become an engineer or an economist or a doctor

You just prove my point, from ur list it’s hard for foreigners to get jobs with those professions...I am in the system and I know.

Germans or white re consider first for such jobs than blacks believe it or not...

Secondly your language must be top which is very difficult.

Don’t follow this guy he doesn’t know what he is talking

The reality is different from what u see online

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by frankmoney(m): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

You just prove my point, from ur list it’s hard for foreigners to get jobs with those professions...I am in the system and I know.

Germans or white re consider first for such jobs than blacks believe it or not...

what about agriculture courses ? Will it be difficult to land a job
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 10:17am On Jan 29, 2020
frankmoney:
what about agriculture courses ? Will it be difficult to land a job

Agricultural sector is good you can get job easily
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by frankmoney(m): 10:18am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

Agricultural sector is good you can get job easily
ok thanks bro ... Are you a student in Germany ? If yes .. how have you been coping with the language barrier
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ezyp(m): 10:27am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

Not true, not all courses has job opportunities, especially for foreigners
Name them and I will counter your statement
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 10:37am On Jan 29, 2020
frankmoney:
ok thanks bro ... Are you a student in Germany ? If yes .. how have you been coping with the language barrier

I did my Bsc here, at first it was hard but studienkolleg helped me...

If you have time learn the language abit in Nigeria so that u have basics or foundation, combination of studies and language school is very hard..even if nahh pidgin German learn Hamm for Nigeria.

Secondly language school is very expensive here, minimum of 170euro per month and that Volkshochschule which is the cheapest.

If you re lucky ur university might offer very language courses to students. But don’t put hope on that cuz the class might fall parallel to when u have another important lecture.

My advice to most students is if you re here Take one semester to learn the language, instead of combining lectures and languages courses

Am don with studies anyway wasn’t easy but thank God I made it.

7 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yusuftosin: 10:38am On Jan 29, 2020
Honestly, na we dey do ourselves.

What do you need AD for when you've not secured an admission yet.
We make this whole things more difficult with embassy bringing up more stringent rules for other Nigerians.

odimbannamdi:

When i say the root cause of this AD wahala is inefficiency on the part of the embassy, and not necessarily a preference for whatever category, people will begin to dispute.

This brother is yet to get AL, but he went on to book for AD on the 21st of December and he was really given a date, and if care is not taken, the "precious" date could be lost.

Until the embassy enforces a system whereby applicants upload AL and even BA proof (this will do absolute justice this menace), we will keep being embroiled in this AD imbroglio.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fabcol(m): 10:38am On Jan 29, 2020
Germans or white are considered for ALL jobs first!
Being in the system doesn't mean you know the system very well
Do you think the engineers and doctors don't face language problem too Or even programmers.
Don't come here with bad energy
You are very wrong saying history, politics, or America studies graduates cant get a job here. You are 100% wrong
princejck:

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 10:39am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

oversabi so na u know wetin u dey talk, cause he nor agree with u, someone that is in Germany, Is only newbies that don't know fabcol he was a selfless contributor during last year winter. No vex I like they look for trouble. Lol

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 10:40am On Jan 29, 2020
Ezyp:

Name them and I will counter your statement

Tell me what’s the percentage of black writers and teachers in Germany
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2020
clintonsparkz:
oversabi so na u know wetin u dey talk, cause he nor agree with u, someone that is in Germany, Is only newbies that don't know fabcol he was a selfless contributor during last year winter. No vex I like they look for trouble. Lol

Lol...especially my trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yusuftosin: 10:45am On Jan 29, 2020
Congratulations!

ijaysexy:
AL alert potsdam

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yusuftosin: 10:50am On Jan 29, 2020
If you got AL to RWTH Aachen, apply for the Studierenwerk residence from home. Really helpful
Here's the link https://bewerberportal.stw.rwth-aachen.de/app.php/en/apply

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ezyp(m): 10:54am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

Oga is the topic about percentage or STUDY COURSES TO JOB OPPORTUNITIES. There is a big difference.

Remove this mentality that your color limits you.
Over here in Germany there is man from Nigeria who has PhD. He is the leader in a research team in Germany. He got to sure height base on the fact he is qualified for it.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fabcol(m): 11:00am On Jan 29, 2020
Oh now their's a percentage?, I thought you said they shouldn't bother wasting their time?
Bro/sis all one needs to succeed in Germany is German language and have a practical skill in your field.
princejck:

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2020
Ezyp:

Oga is the topic about percentage or STUDY COURSES TO JOB OPPORTUNITIES. There is a big difference.

Remove this mentality that your color limits you.
Over here in Germany there is man from Nigeria who has PhD. He is the leader in a research team in Germany. He got to sure height base on the fact he is qualified for it.

We re talking of job opportunities for blacks, which means the rate at which people that look like u and I get employed...there always one black person in some high position.

Let me make it easier for u how many times have u visited any company here in Germany and u see black receptionist ...they re there but not common

But go to Logistics companies, old age homes, hospitals, Amt u will find a lot of blacks working there

So don’t tell me anything u do there’s a stream of job waiting for u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by frankmoney(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

I did my Bsc here, at first it was hard but studienkolleg helped me...

If you have time learn the language abit in Nigeria so that u have basics or foundation, combination of studies and language school is very hard..even if nahh pidgin German learn Hamm for Nigeria.

Secondly language school is very expensive here, minimum of 170euro per month and that Volkshochschule which is the cheapest.

If you re lucky ur university might offer very language courses to students. But don’t put hope on that cuz the class might fall parallel to when u have another important lecture.

My advice to most students is if you re here Take one semester to learn the language, instead of combining lectures and languages courses

Am don with studies anyway wasn’t easy but thank God I made it.
thanks bro I appreciate . Will learn as much as I can now . Did you stay back in Germany after studies ?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by akinswaggs(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

Are you the ones employing them? Don't make such assumptions, the Koko is to be very skilled at whatever you learn that includes learning the language too and becoming a master in your field. With those two done, why can't you land a Job?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fabcol(m): 11:06am On Jan 29, 2020
Lol
I greet you sir
clintonsparkz:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 11:09am On Jan 29, 2020
Fabcol:
Oh now their's a percentage?, I thought you said they shouldn't bother wasting their time?
Bro/sis all one needs to succeed in Germany is German language and have a practical skill in your field.

There’s a black man in Bundesrat doesn’t mean if u study politic here u go find job there...and am sure no one wants to finish school and struggle so hard to find job...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 11:11am On Jan 29, 2020
frankmoney:
thanks bro I appreciate . Will learn as much as I can now . Did you stay back in Germany after studies ?

Yes, am working here

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ezyp(m): 11:13am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

We re talking of job opportunities for blacks, which means the rate at which people that look like u and I get employed...there always one black person in some high position.

Let me make it easier for u how many times have u visited any company here in Germany and u see black receptionist ...they re there but not common

But go to Logistics companies, old age homes, hospitals, Amt u will find a lot of blacks working there

So don’t tell me anything u do there’s a stream of job waiting for u
You just wan argue. Again I will remind you that the question he asked is COURSE STUDY to job opportunities.
Comprehend the Cap

And be honest with yourself those blacks at the logistics company are they through with their studies or are they educated. You and i know that most of those blacks there are refugees or students doing student jobs

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fabcol(m): 11:17am On Jan 29, 2020
Did you say you studied in Germany??
So if you study politics, the only place yon can work or apply for a job is Bundesrat
Do you know the competition now in the IT and engineering field, can you tell me everyone you know that studied engineering or IT has a job now?
Yes IT, engeering, medicine, STEM generally has more job openings but that doesn't mean other fields doesn't. If like study a STEM course and not know the language or a skill in that field, you would still struggle

princejck:

There’s a black man in Bundesrat doesn’t mean if u study politic here u go find job there...and am sure no one wants to finish school and struggle so hard to find job...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 11:18am On Jan 29, 2020
Ezyp:

You just wan argue. Again I will remind you that the question he asked is COURSE STUDY to job opportunities.
Comprehend the Cap

Job opportunities means more job in a particular field...in a field where u find only 10 Jobangebote per year it’s not opportunities

Even in Nigeria there re job offers doesn’t mean getting it is easy

So people so think before going into such field here
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 11:21am On Jan 29, 2020
Fabcol:
Did you say you studied in Germany??
So if you study politics, the only place yon can work or apply for a job is Bundesrat
Do you know the competition now in the IT and engineering field, can you tell me everyone you know that studied engineering or IT has a job now?
Yes IT, engeering, medicine, STEM generally has more job openings but that doesn't mean other fields doesn't. If like study a STEM course and not know the language or a skill in that field, you would still struggle

There always competition in every field and but you can’t compare engineering or IT to other field cuz u get job offer faster the only problem is if they will pay u well
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dxpx: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Just wanna say a big thank you to fabcol and ezyp for your advise and link smiley

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ezyp(m): 11:30am On Jan 29, 2020
princejck:

Job opportunities means more job in a particular field...in a field where u find only 10 Jobangebote per year it’s not opportunities

Even in Nigeria there re job offers doesn’t mean getting it is easy

So people so think before going into such field here

Re-read your first statement and see how confused you are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.