Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1115550 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 24, 2021
passenger1984:

Yes, You need to pay for courier services, they are the one to return your original documents and passport you will submit at the embassy during the interview.

I paid 1550 at the embassy for Dhl.

Oh, so I also have to leave the original documents with them? I thought it's only the passport I have to drop.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
nameundisclosed:

Oh, so I also have to leave the original documents with them? I thought it's only the passport I have to drop.

You're not really serious. grin grin
If you don't drop your documents-originals and photocopies,how would they verify them and process your visa?
Besides,you're going to go home with your passport after the interview.
You only submit it when your visa is approved.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Esetim(f): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
passenger1984:

Yes, You need to pay for courier services, they are the one to return your original documents and passport you will submit at the embassy during the interview.

I paid 1550 at the embassy for Dhl.

Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2021
Elninoarmando:

If you don't drop your documents-originals and photocopies,how would they verify them and process your visa?
[b]Besides,you're going to go home with your passport after the interview.
You only submit it when your visa is approved[/b].

At the bolded that's not always the case, the VO gave me a choice to either leave my passport with them or I take it home(to be contacted if they needed it), I choose the former.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Elninoarmando:

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2021
passenger1984:

At the bolded that's not always the case, the VO gave me a choice to either leave my passport with them or I take it home(to be contacted if they needed it), I choose the former.

Please who can give a detailed account of what happens during the appointment/interview?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
nameundisclosed:

Please who can give a detailed account of what happens during the appointment/interview?
It seemed like a miracle, I couldn't get my blocking confirmation before the interview date, I felt there was no reason going for the interview because Mr Paulinus will chase me away (that is according to some people's experience going to the embassy without their blocking confirmation)...

I was encouraged to go, I went, Mr Paulinus was kind to me he allowed me enter for the interview, in fact I was 30mins late....When I get my visa I will share the full story( so if you want to hear the full gist, pray they give me the visa) grin

The interview was the usual transcript we see here

Why Germany?
Why the course?
What state is ur school located?
Capital of the state ur school is located?
Capital of Germany?
Colour of the German flag?
What do you know about Germany (political, geographical and economical?
Ur future plans after studies?
Where is Germany located in Europe?
What date is the German Reunification?
What caused the Reunification?
Undergraduate Thesis?

I answered everything to be best of my knowledge, except the German flag colour, I mixed it up, so watch out for that.

I was also given Maths test(five questions)

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by uwodeovie: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
Elninoarmando:

Bro, I sent you a mail yesterday. Please check

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
passenger1984:

It seemed like a miracle, I couldn't get my blocking confirmation before the interview date, I felt there was no reason going for the interview because Mr Paulinus will chase me away (that is according to some people's experience going to the embassy without their blocking confirmation)...

I was encouraged to go, I went, Mr Paulinus was kind to me he allowed me enter for the interview, in fact I was 30mins late....When I get my visa I will share the full story( so if you want to hear the full gist, pray they give me the visa) grin

The interview was the usual transcript we see here

Why Germany?
Why the course?
What state is ur school located?
Capital of the state ur school is located?
Capital of Germany?
Colour of the German flag?
What do you know about Germany (political, geographical and economical?
Ur future plans after studies?
Where is Germany located in Europe?
What date is the German Reunification?
What caused the Reunification?
Undergraduate Thesis?

I answered everything to be best of my knowledge, except the German flag colour, I mixed it up, so watch out for that.

I was also given Maths test(five questions)

Oh, as an MSc applicant, you were given Math to solve? Anyway, the questions seem pretty straightforward, and all the best. I'm going for BSc though
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by emeks25: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2021
Can you use a deferment letter for interview? My school has started the course and the embassy sent a late appointment date but I have already deferred my admission to next winter. So is it still possible to go for the interview and show them my deferral letter?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2021
emeks25:
Can you use a deferment letter for interview? My school has started the course and the embassy sent a late appointment date but I have already deferred my admission to next winter. So is it still possible to go for the interview and show them my deferral letter?

That should be allowed
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by passenger1984: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
nameundisclosed:

Oh, as an MSc applicant, you were given Math to solve? Anyway, the questions seem pretty straightforward, and all the best. I'm going for BSc though
Yes, it depends on the VO, some will give maths questions but some won't.
Good luck to all of us.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
No one got date today?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kimberleyade(f): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2021
tobystringz:
Hello,
Has anyone tried checking the scholarship database on DAAD Website,There's no option for Nigeria or any other african country.

The application for 2022 ended in July 2021

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kimberleyade(f): 9:06am On Oct 27, 2021
Please did anyone apply for DAAD scholarship this year or has been a recipient in the past year?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Escanor(m): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
When is the next DAAF application
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojabo123: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kimberleyade:
Please did anyone apply for DAAD scholarship this year or has been a recipient in the past year?
i applied but the final decision is not yet out.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojabo123: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2021
Ojabo123:
Please house. Have the started giving appointment date to CategoryB? For master.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kimberleyade(f): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2021
Ojabo123:

Oh okay , they said December
I just wanted to have someone else on the process with me
I’ve been asking and I was looking like the only one
Can we connect
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojabo123: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
Kimberleyade:

Oh okay , they said December
I just wanted to have someone else on the process with me
I’ve been asking and I was looking like the only one
Can we connect
Yes of course. 08062705175
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TripleJ03(f): 1:54am On Oct 28, 2021
Yes
Ojabo123:
Please house. Have the started giving appointment date to CategoryB? For master.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 7:54am On Oct 28, 2021
TripleJ03:
Yes
What about BA/Bsc?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojabo123: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
MICng:

What about BA/Bsc?
Seriously. The have stated giving date to CategoryB students. I'm asking because is been long i visited here.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by belladonna9392: 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
Good Evening House, please is it mandatory to go to the embassy for interview with proof of sponsorship or a fully blocked account?

My document doesn’t seem like it would get here in time and a blocked account in this economy.

Interview is next week Friday, category B.

Thank you in advance on your advice
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
belladonna9392:
Good Evening House, please is it mandatory to go to the embassy for interview with proof of sponsorship or a fully blocked account?

My document doesn’t seem like it would get here in time and a blocked account in this economy.

Interview is next week Friday, category B.

Thank you in advance on your advice

By document, do you mean sponsorship letter? If yes, then you have nothing to lose. You should simply pray, go for your interview and explain to them as best as you can. Hopefully they'll let you send it at a later date.

If you mean block account, I believe you can get that done between now and next Friday if you act immediately.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ogatboy(m): 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
Is there anyone here that has secured visa for study or visiting and is coming to Germany soon?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by belladonna9392: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
CooKeed:

Thank you so much!

All the best.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 1:16am On Oct 29, 2021
My people grin
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 8:08am On Oct 29, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
My people grin
Have you gotten appointment date?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2021
Kimberleyade:
I applied this year, made it to interview stage, waiting for final feedback by the middle of December.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojabo123: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
Ninaann39:
Hi guys, I was referred to this page by a friend and I'm blessed to be here.

Please may I get suggestions of schools that do not require me applying through uni assist and whose admission process is fast. I want to know so I can apply, gain admission and book for an interview while I make proper applications to my main choice of school.

Will appreciate your responses
Please house or CategoryB masters student, i want to ask if the are giving out appointment Date now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.