Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1114542 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannah2020: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Iamlanky:
Hi guys , i just received my admission letter for a master program in Germany which begins 1st of October, problem is i applied for a visa appointment about 2weeks ago i got an email with my reference no but on the site it states i will have to wait more than a year to get an appointment. Please what do i do?

Hi, I will like to ask what school you got admitted to?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
TLD20:
I just received my second rejection letter from another Germany university This is devastating.
I wish I can also be added to any available Whatsapp group on admission matters so I can know what am probably not getting right.
Meanwhile I have three offer from UK already but can't process because of the huge fee.

Sorry to hear that. The UK needs your money. So, unless the university is a high ranking one, admission is relatively easy.

Education is essentially free in Germany. But it is also easy to get admitted if you are diligent in your application process. The hard part is the visa. Now to your question.

Some possible reasons for your rejection:

1)You did not read the admission requirements. Applying to German universities often require lots of work because you have to read all the fine prints. Comb through the application pages and associated links to see if you meet the requirements. If they require specific undergraduate courses (as is often the case) they will not bend the rules. There is generally no abeg in Germany. It is a rule based society.

2) NC. There's something called Numerus Clausus. Basically it tells you if meeting the admission requirements is sufficient to gain an admission. Every programme in a university is assigned NC based on the number of applications and number of available places. If the programme is "NC free" it means that once you meet the requirements you will definitely be admitted. No ifs or buts. However, if there is NC, it means that applicants will be ranked based on some criteria (usually the criteria are disclosed) and admission will be given in order of ranking, based on number of available spaces.

While I don't discourage people from going for the best of the best, one has to be realistic and strategic. If you have an average academic profile (and this goes beyond your cgpa) and you focus on the the most competitive options, then you'll likely be disappointed. In my opinion there are three dimensions to the competition: the programme, the school and the City. As you might expect it will be tough to get admitted to, say, Software Engineering in TU Berlin. If your profile cannot get you an admission to Edinburgh then RWTH Aachen will likely not admit you? So be realistic. Apply to the competitive schools/programmes but also apply to the not-so-competitive ones where admission is almost certain. There are so many schools and programmes in Germany. What's more? The difference in standard between the government owned universities is minimal. And employers aren't choosy.

Finally, I will reiterate: read the admission requirements!

All the best.

7 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2022
Please who has gotten a German student visa appointment at the embassy this month . When did you book?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrKcc: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hey Guys,
Please how long does it take for embassy to reply a mail with a blocked account confirmation requested after interview?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by AllDModsAreMaad: 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
Please I am planning travelling to Germany or Spain for hustles, any sure advice on way forward?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrKcc: 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hey Guys,
This German VISA forum is a very important support group for everyone try to get a german visa in Nigeria. From what I can see it has helped so many people, and there are so many knowledgable people here. But the only limitation I have with this forum is the fact that one cant easily access keywords regarding certain problems.
I'm proposing that in as much as we have this group, we should also have a telegram group that one can easily search for chats with specific keywords.
Below is the telegram group link:
https://t(dot)me/nggervisa
Feel free to join and send the link to fellow aspirants and alumni of the visa process, we need their wisdom and guidance.
Thank you

The link doesnt want to come out fully so just scan the bar code to enter the link for search for NIGERIAN GERMAN STUDENT VISA ENQUIRIES on telegram, its a public group

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adeinfinit(m): 7:00am On Aug 01, 2022
Good morning guys! Please does anyone have information about Berlin School of Business and Innovation. I’m looking at applying for a masters in a program accredited by University of Creative Arts in the UK.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by mukhtartronics: 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2022
Please who has gotten an appointment for CATEGORY A? I recently applied for CATEGORY A 28th of July but i only got a reference number mail, still yet to get an appointment date.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tataiwo09(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2022
mukhtartronics:
Please who has gotten an appointment for CATEGORY A? I recently applied for CATEGORY A 28th of July but i only got a reference number mail, still yet to get an appointment date.

Chill brother. You have one to two months to wait
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GGGPassword: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.

Is sponsorship letter aside Germany accepted?

I want to ask my sister in USA to give me SL.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannah2020: 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hi, has anybody heard from FAU?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ozbeecouture(f): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
Good evening, all

Please I am trying to transfer money to my block account. I want to use Fintiba . Has anyone used the Fintiba TransferMate?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kathy4jesus: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hello guys has German embassy started giving appointments? Do we still need to wait 1 year? Pls kindly answer me thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Opemipo2107: 7:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
Please any Unilag graduate here ? Please send a D.M. Very urgent. Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ezemeiyogu(m): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
GGGPassword:
Good afternoon everyone.

Is sponsorship letter aside Germany accepted?

I want to ask my sister in USA to give me SL.

Not acceptable
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 4:11am On Aug 02, 2022
Ozbeecouture:
Good evening, all

Please I am trying to transfer money to my block account. I want to use Fintiba . Has anyone used the Fintiba TransferMate?

Please Have you gotten an appointment yet? When did you book?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 4:11am On Aug 02, 2022
Kathy4jesus:
Hello guys has German embassy started giving appointments? Do we still need to wait 1 year? Pls kindly answer me thanks

Good day, please when did you book
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrCadu(m): 7:25am On Aug 02, 2022
Mercy102:
Good evening house,I'm new here!!.pls I want to apply for a school in germeny,how do I go about it?
Registration has closed. Wait till November for new entry. You can inbox me for more info
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrCadu(m): 7:26am On Aug 02, 2022
Opemipo2107:
Yes. Inbox me
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrCadu(m): 7:31am On Aug 02, 2022
Opemipo2107:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by irabs4567: 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2022
MrKcc:
Hey Guys,
This German VISA forum is a very important support group for everyone try to get a german visa in Nigeria. From what I can see it has helped so many people, and there are so many knowledgable people here. But the only limitation I have with this forum is the fact that one cant easily access keywords regarding certain problems.
I'm proposing that in as much as we have this group, we should also have a telegram group that one can easily search for chats with specific keywords.
Below is the telegram group link:
https://t(dot)me/nggervisa
Feel free to join and send the link to fellow aspirants and alumni of the visa process, we need their wisdom and guidance.
Thank you

The link doesnt want to come out fully so just scan the bar code to enter the link for search for NIGERIAN GERMAN STUDENT VISA ENQUIRIES on telegram, its a public group

pls add me to group, how can i join ? i cant scan the barcode to join ,
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by okennamos: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2022
tataiwo09:

But masters or bachelor degree is not showing on the appointment letter….you can use any admission for category B

Please, can someone use the category A to book an appointment for a category Visa application, since the Category A is treated as priority and appointments are issued faster on that one. Got an appointment date with a category A but I’m a category B applicant. I need to know if it will work at the embassy.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by okennamos: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2022
Molly24:

That is what happens if you don't read well. Cat A and B has been explained consistently on this wonderful platform. Yes you are a victim but to laziness and incomplete research.

Please, do you know if one can use Cat A appointment invitation for a Category B application. I used the category A since it’s faster and I already got an appointment date, don’t know if it’s going to be an issue at the embassy if they find out that it’s not a sponsored Master’s program.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Opemipo2107: 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2022
MrCadu:

Yes. Inbox me
Done boss. Please reply
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tataiwo09(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2022
okennamos:

Please, can someone use the category A to book an appointment for a category Visa application, since the Category A is treated as priority and appointments are issued faster on that one. Got an appointment date with a category A but I’m a category B applicant. I need to know if it will work at the embassy.

Lol..dem go just ban you from booking appointment
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ogatboy(m): 10:51am On Aug 03, 2022
Interesting thread. I am building a network of Nigerians in European countries on instagram. Please follow the page and invite other Nigerians in Europe that you know to follow as well. Lets create a network to share information and opportunities. It is only for Nigeians in Europe, those planning to come to Europe, when you arrive, it will be nice for you to follow the page as well.

instagram: @europe_nigerian
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by okennamos: 11:50am On Aug 03, 2022
tataiwo09:

Lol..dem go just ban you from booking appointment

Oh! Wow! Thanks for the information. Is there any agent that can help fast track a Category B visa? You also mentioned you used a category B appointment for your bachelor’s degree admission letter.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ade1998: 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2022
I just gained an admission for a petroleum engineering Master’s program in TU Clausthal. I’ve also recently seen that there’s a huge backlog of VISA appointments at the German embassy and lectures starts on October 17. I don’t exactly know what to ask but I would like to know what everyone else is doing about this.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Omowunmi1979: 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2022
Where did you use huge backlog of visa appointment?
Where?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MDEZIE(m): 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello Fam,

Does anyone have an idea how much in blocked account is required for a spouse in family reunion visa. The husband is still a student.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by okennamos: 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2022
moduyoye:
Hello!

I figured it might help someone if I shared my visa interview experience, so I hope this is useful. Please feel free to ask any questions that arise or make corrections as needed. For reference I applied using Category A, first class received from January 2019, although after March 31st 2022, this category can’t be used anymore. You’d have to have a first class certificate received from January 2020. I also got a sponsorship letter from a relative. I did NOT use a blocked account.

I applied for the interview online, pay close attention to the categories so you don’t make any mistakes. After submitting the application, I got a confirmation email some minutes later with my application number. I was given my appointment date and time in another email the day after. Please Note that you will need to print out the email with your appointment invitation, date and time.

Up until the interview date, which was about a month after my application, I spent time studying. Yes, studying. I was warned that the German visa interview process can be very detailed. I did not want to be caught unprepared. I’m happy I did.

I had my interview last week and honestly, if you’re not careful, it can be tedious. First of all, avoid everyone at the entrance and the digital centre as much as you can. They want to empty your pockets. Download the checklist and arrange your documents yourself, you don’t need assistance. If you’re sure of your passport picture size and quality, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. You do not need a coloured copy of your checklist. See, just avoid anyone at the main entrance and head straight to the actual gate. Don’t be like me, if you have a small bag and phone, take it inside with you, you can turn it off and drop it in a locked safe for free!! Don’t pay 2k for a safe that does not even have a door abeg.

My appointment was for 10:00am, I got there at about 7:30. I don’t regret it. At the actual consulate, your time of arrival will be written on the printed appointment email and stamped by the security guard there. Please wear a mask. He’ll sanitize your hands and tell you to sit on the queue. Another man will ask you to arrange your documents according to their own list. He’ll staple them and hand them over to you.

PS: The DHL prepaid envelope is important, do NOT get it at the embassy, they will empty your account. Go to one of their head offices. It was N2550 when I did mine.

You’ll be directed inside after he’s done with you. He asks a few questions, (what are you here for, what category of visa {student/work}, what school…etc.). You’ll pass through a security check, smile at everyone abeg, they seem to be going through a lot, be courteous too.

I waited for a whileeee before I actually had my interview. It was done by one of the front desk officers. So please take a book or something to keep you busy, since you won’t have your phone. Anyway, they won’t have the most friendly disposition towards you, but don’t be nervous, raise your shoulders and speak with confidence. Here are the questions I was asked that I can remember.

What’s the purpose of your visa request?
What’s the name of your school?
Where is your school?
Have you been enrolled online (which apparently equates to have you started lectures)?
How will you be sponsoring your stay?
Why did you choose your course?
What do you plan to do with it after?
What does your relative do? How old is he/she? Where does he/she live?
They may also ask you random questions developed from your answer, eg, I studied history and international relations, I was asked whether I could speak French.

You’ll be asked to pay and the cross check a data form please actually look carefully as there was an error the first time with mine. It could cause issues if the data that was inputed by the consulate is incorrect.

Here are some tips to avoid wahala as well:
- Sign your Behlarung declaration forms and your application forms on the day of the interview. They stressed me a bit because I signed them on the days I filled them in.
- it’s really important that you answer confidently, no matter what. That’s why adequate preparation is advised. Over-prepare sef. HMU if you want a list of things I studied before I went.
- I repeat, avoid the digital centre and the vendors outside the gate. Avoid them o!
- Be honest with your answers, if you’re not fluent in Deutsch or if you don’t have a certificate, don’t say you can speak it abeg. Duolingo doesn’t count.
- Arrange your documents from home, staple the pictures onto your form, two photo copies of every original document is very important
- take extra passport pictures.
- hold about 40k in 1000 or 500 naira notes (2022)
- Be punctual, answer clearly and audibly. Ask them to repeat questions or speak clearly, this woman was really whispering to me through glass window �.

I think I’ll stop here, it’s a really long read. Open to answering questions and clarifying anything.

How can I contact you? If you don’t mind, can you share what your appointment letter for the category A visa looks like(crop out your personal info)? An agent booked an appointment for me within a day and it seems fishy.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ezemeiyogu(m): 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
okennamos:

How can I contact you? If you don’t mind, can you share what your appointment letter for the category A visa looks like(crop out your personal info)? An agent booked an appointment for me within a day and it seems fishy.

You people won't listen!

Don't use agent for German visa process. Why not give an informed Nairalander the money to enjoy since you have money to give agent?

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.