Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting (49669 Views)

Super Falcons Home Kit Nominated For Best Jersey At 2019 Women’s World Cup / List Of Premier League Stars At 2019 Africa Cup Of Nations / Obasanjo, Ambode And Oshoala At The Aiteo CAF Awards (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Josewonder(m): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
I think those pick to vote there never know they represent the wish of Nigerian not their selfish minds. I think that also played out in best African young football vote because I see no reason why chukwueze or oshimeh don't win it.
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by joxxy01(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
lexy2014:

How did she now win d award? Who voted for her? Did those who voted for her vote along patriotic lines or based on merit?
God Bless you sir!
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by idrezee(m): 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
emeijeh:
I am so ashamed, especially for that Perpetual.
Congrats Asisat
She is jealous
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Josewonder(m): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
but the guy accusing IBO there is not right, this is Nigerian factor because a good look at list of does that voted there one tunde there also voted against her.

1 Like

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by iphanyi10(m): 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
ybalogs:
How many Best player awards did Nwocha win? Could be she doesn't want Oshoala to break her record . That's if she hasn't sef

she will break it and break it in flying colours, nonsense.!!!
bunch of hypocrites, in your face they'll be all nice and laughing, behind you, they're plotting your downfall. This really goes a long way.
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Ryocaj(m): 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Waterview:
Asisat won with over 20votes without Nigerian vote, what does that tells you?...... She clearly deserves the award.

She led Barcelona femini to women UCL final although lost to Lyon in the final, she even scored in the final.

She scored once in the women's world cup
She plays for the second best team in the world whilst the rest plays for shitty teams.
U were making sense till u said she plays for the second best team in d world.. Barcelona women's team isn't top 5 in d world.. D German female league, French league Femina, US female league, Chinese female super league, English women's league are all better than d Spanish Primera División (women)... No Spanish team has ever won d champions league.. Get ur facts right.. this is not Barcelona's men team..

1 Like

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Sirkolly82(m): 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Yes, they can vote!!!

post=85637344:

The question is 'can voters from a particular country vote for a player from their country'?!

We need to know that before jumping to conclusion.
This could be a half bake news.......as usual.

We comment on it when we know the full detail.

From all of us @[/b]. : [b]CONGRATULATIONS OSHOALA!
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Elxandre(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
tribalmall:
Why shouldn't the haters should be thoroughly chastised about their evil way. If this was done to their tribesmen we no go hear word till eternity.

You Igbo's think na u wise pass for this country but you are only fooling yourself. Musa's patriotism can not be compared to any of the fools you listed. The last WC we can all see how they chose not to pass the ball to him yet he emerged the highest scorer for Nigeria while the clown they gave all their passes to is now a joke for both club n country.

To get the bigotry foolishness off hour head pick up any falcon Afcon match n watch how many passes goes to Oparanizi n how many goes to Oshoala n also calculated how many each player convert. The politics in the dress room will not matter to you now but it will if your tribesmen are not dominating the team, that is the foolishness n bigotry every other Nigerian as to cope with when dealing with you jerks.

Just as Chukweze will never deserve the young player award ahead of Achraf Hakimi that rightly won n yes you can go tell hell with your vote. She already proclaimed her glory without your vote.

What's this one saying now?
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by dapsoneh: 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
emeijeh:
Congrats Asisat
she doesn't want her to equal her records but now without her vote, babes has won for the fourth time
Perpetual can go hug the transformer

2 Likes

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by slowice(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
People should be calm... Maybe they voted based on their own convictions. Some other nations voted for our own too so its not so bad. Though it pained me a bit that they didn't vote for her but on the brighter side she won and that's by merit not tribalism.

And those calling igbos backstabbers abeg wetin consign us with the professional decision of an individual? Did we hold family meeting and ask anybody not to support the other? Haba

1 Like

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by iphanyi10(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
There is no crime in voting for who you think deserves the award. But when you have one of your own in the nominees and who genuinely is a contender it's only sensible to vote that person.

How will you feel if your family or close friends voted for someone else in the same award category as you, even though you may not deserve the award?

No matter how hard you try to hide it , the truth is you'll feel betrayed, backstabbed and annoyed.

They keep telling us to support our league, buy Nigeria to grow Nigeria, give the locals a chance, but they are they are the ones sabotaging this very efforts.

Do unto others what you want them to do unto you!

2 Likes

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by iphanyi10(m): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
iphanyi10:
There is no crime in voting for who you think deserves the award. But when you have one of your own in the nominees and who genuinely is a contender it's only sensible to vote that person.

How will you feel if your family or close friends voted for someone else in the same award category as you, even though you may not deserve the award?

No matter how hard you try to hide it , the truth is you'll feel betrayed, backstabbed and annoyed.

They keep telling us to support our league, buy Nigeria to grow Nigeria, give the locals a chance, but they are the ones sabotaging this very efforts.

Do unto others what you want them to do unto you!
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by rhames(m): 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
360gistpilot:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-nigeria-betrayed-oshoala-in-2019-caf-awards.html

And these morons will come on television to claim that they are patriotic Nigerians.
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Legendguru: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hmmm
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
eTECTIV:
Dis is exactly why we would kip having useless set of leaders in dis country. How is voting along patriotic lines now more important than voting based on merit? Now those who voted based on form and merit are now considered Judas abi? Oshoala had absolutely no impact whatsoever at d woman's tournament and only began seeing consistent action towards d tail end of last year.
You v dementia.
She was the highest goals scorer, 2nd best player of the tournament, best African female footballer in Europe & clubside, won the nation's cup too last year.
Mind you, she LL win the 2020 edition too cos no one is near her till now.
You talked that it's not a must to be patriotic to vote your fellow country man but forgot that Oshoala really deserved the award. She's twice better than her competitors & the next best candidate didn't even make the shortlist which is Desire Oparanozie.
You are a buffon!

1 Like

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Parablesonmarble: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
emeijeh:
Congrats Asisat

I hold Perpetual in high esteem as one of the best footballer out of Nigeria ever, scoring 88 goals in 99 caps. The first thing that came to my mind was that did she vote against Assisat to prevent her from equalling her own CAF award records? However, I think that will be too petty a reason. I wish I could speak with her and understand her rationale. Maybe she knows something we don't know. I'm glad Assisat made it in the end.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Ken4Christ: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nigerians don't like her own. This is a common character traits in most selfish people of this country. We don't want others to have what we can't have.

1 Like

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
Na wetin make Murphy vex for radio on day of award be that.
One idiot wey dey talk say wetin osimhen don achieve qey dey better pass the guy wey win youth player
Naija and backbiting na 5 and 6
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Bbbwings: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
ghettokid1:
Thats our way!
Oyibo's are over hyping theirs while we are underrating ours.

Thunder go fire den Las las
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Blitz888(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
ybalogs:
How many Best player awards did Nwocha win? Could be she doesn't want Oshoala to break her record . That's if she hasn't sef

Perpetual won it 4 times and may not want Oshoala to meet her record as she still has age on her side and may surpass her record soon!

1 Like

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by Yoighaman(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Congrats our dear Asisat. Who God has blessed, no man can curse, we love you and wish you more power to your elbow. Keep shining babe.
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by erospecial: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Congrats baby sister!
Nigerian leaders kill the Stars of the younger ones.
This country is a shame with the kind of leaders running its affairs!
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by emanobis(m): 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
May be, d babe no give in to their selfish demands...u knw wt I mean
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by gabbasin: 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
This is a fake news, u don't vote or rank a player in your first 3 if he/she is your compatriot, that is the standard practice,

1 Like

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by BENEAMATA: 12:50am On Jan 10, 2020
tribalmall:
Talk about the bigoted Igbo's on the list. They say he who come to equity must come with clean hand, I remember Igbos relentless wail about Buhari voting a Fulani from another country ahead of an Igbo representing Nigeria at the AU. How different from that is what the Igbo representative here just did ?
sorry oh bros , but i'm reading this buhari A.U vote thing ofor the first time on this thread , pls which position was up for contest and i really need to know how we became symbollically a joke of a country with this action taken by our no 1 citizen . Note ; i say this with a caveat that i haven't the full picture of whatever went down and i just hope this is all some people's mischievious tales .
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by BENEAMATA: 12:58am On Jan 10, 2020
slowice:
People should be calm... Maybe they voted based on their own convictions. Some other nations voted for our own too so its not so bad. Though it pained me a bit that they didn't vote for her but on the brighter side she won and that's by merit not tribalism.

And those calling igbos backstabbers abeg wetin consign us with the professional decision of an individual? Did we hold family meeting and ask anybody not to support the other? Haba
[i][/i] " family meeting " grin grin grin hyperLOL
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by nurusystem(m): 6:08am On Jan 10, 2020
MycroftHolmes:
Even without Nigerian's votes, she still won the award; meaning that she is qualified for it, but her compatriots just won't vote her.

But why?
Why the bias?
Tribalism and religion jinguar
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by johnad3(m): 10:21am On Jan 10, 2020
E be like is curse to be Nigerians sef.

as i like this girl reach, she no con get our milk

1 Like

Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by julioralph(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tunde, Chisom, and even Osasu can be excused. But as for Ahmed Fresh and Perpetua Nkwocha, its nothing but pure wickedness on their part angry Haba!!!
Anyways congrats Asisat.
Re: NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting by toprealman: 9:23am On Jan 12, 2020
Kobicove:
I'm not surprised that Perpetua did not vote for her.

Women hate women! undecided
When she could have easily "adopted" Asisat as her "baby" and enjoy perpetual peace of mind.
Humans are horrible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ava And Mia Mikel Obi Show Their Winning Medals At Sports Day In School / What Cristiano Ronaldo Earns At Juventus (Photos) / Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.